Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New Injury Record!

I have 5 injured players atm, 2 are out for 5 days, 1 is out for 3 and the 2 last for 2 days each... I have 5 more matches till the season ends and I won ALL my games, no ties, no loses. So I am really close to Undefeated Achievement and it would be a god damn shame if I don't get it because I ain't got enough players to play my next match (It is the only match of those remaining that the other team even has a remotely chance of winning, even if I won the last 5 friendly games I played with them.) STILL I am short 5 players..... sigh
    "Human relationships didn't work anyhow. Only the first two weeks had any zing, then the participants lost their interest. Masks dropped away and real people began to appear: cranks, imbeciles, the demented, the vengeful, sadists, killers. Modern society had created its own kind and they feasted on each other. It was a duel to the death...in a cesspool."

VIP
    9 players so far, 31 day, 3.44 days per injury...

New Injury Record!-7.png

Day 25 Update
    Pete Cresswell did an interesting five season study on injuries in an earlier post (Thats an average of 18.5 injuries,86+ Intl days out per season) was part of his findings

injuries 22/9 5days,22/9 3days,23/9 4days,
    add 24/9 6days,25/9 5days,26/9 16days(GK)26/9 4days,28/9 6days,28/9 3days,29/9 2days,01/10 2days,02/10 3days,4/10 4days, 5/10 2days, 5/10 6days, 5/10 6days, 5/10 2days, 6/10 4days,9/10 6days,11/10 3days,13/10 3days,15/10 4days,15/10 3days

ive amassed 102 initial days out already in twentyfive days,thats 16days more than Pete's average findings per season,so lets see just how bad injuries have become lately? all input welcome
    Pete Cresswell likes this.

I'm not much help with this unfortunately. Sometimes I lose interst in logging injury length.

All I can add is, last Season, in matches:

Main Team (Lvl 7) ended up with 13 injuries;
    2nd Team (Lvl 4) got 17 injuries; and
    3rd Team (level 6) got 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    I'm not much help with this unfortunately. Sometimes I lose interst in logging injury length.

All I can add is, last Season, in matches:

Main Team (Lvl 7) ended up with 13 injuries;
    2nd Team (Lvl 4) got 17 injuries; and
    3rd Team (level 6) got 7.
    yeah thanks, i didnt record any more after 25 day update above, but its an awful start again, day one 3 injuries(2playing ,1training) 12 days out already,Im refusing to heal so could be a poor season for me but atleast i wont be robbed, if other members keep posting injuries then i,ll continue to contribute, best wishes too all

Dreamer
    I finished on 13 injuries and 56 days out last season.

Over 6 seasons I average 15.3 injuries (std dev 3.4) & 65.7 days out (std dev 19.1). 5 of those 6 have had 17 or less injries, and 74 or less days out, so I'm regarding the 21-injury/101 day one 3 seasons back as a "blip".

And yesterday, 1st cardio training of the new season, my reserve GK went down with a hamstring strain - at least I don't need him until tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmeg View Post
    yeah thanks, i didnt record any more after 25 day update above, but its an awful start again, day one 3 injuries(2playing ,1training) 12 days out already,Im refusing to heal so could be a poor season for me but atleast i wont be robbed, if other members keep posting injuries then i,ll continue to contribute, best wishes too all
    Last edited by Pete Cresswell; 10-20-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Dreamer
    My overall injury stats updated to end of last season:

13 injuries, totalling 56 player-days (before healing). 152 packs used (thank goodness for farming packs via videos on iPad in the UK)
    New Injury Record!-s10_final_injury_log.png

As mentioned above, 15.3 injuries per season on average, and 65.7 initial days out. And in most normal seasons I'd expect less than 20 injuries and less than 85 days out.
    New Injury Record!-s10_final_inj_summary.png

Broadly there's a just-under 1 in 5 (18.6%) chance that I'll have a player injured in any given match, and a 1 in 20 (5% - though it varies proportionally to the stamina loss involved in each type of training) chance I'll lose a player in training. That equates to an injury every 1.8 days on average (I did go a whole 8 days between injuries in the middle of last season though!)
    New Injury Record!-s10_final_inj_cause.png

And the 2 most common types of injury are (thank goodness) lower down the severity scale - over 1/3 of all injuries are either ankle strains or grade1 hamstring.
    New Injury Record!-s10_final_inj_type.png

Note, I play a full 22-man squad, rotating players so that generally they all play 1 match, and have 1 of each type of training per day. I never start a player with <90% stamina, and never train a player with <80%. And my medical facilities and pitch are maxed out. I also have a fairly young squad (ave. age ~21), and I train my players so that their physical fitness matches their dominant discipine (attack/defence)
    Last edited by Pete Cresswell; 10-20-2014 at 03:33 PM.

4 in one game...

Needless to say, I was fuming at half time:

New Injury Record!-injuries.jpg

Famous
    Could you advise how to check if the opposite teams are set on hard tackle and are low in moral? Do you guess through the previous games of the opponents? Thanks.

BTW, I just got 3 injuries in 1 game. I don't complain because I know this is the worst comparing with others. But usually my injury problems near the end of the season is worse than that at the beginning of season. I find it's more difficult to handle this at this time because I have 2 games per day and my team for this season is still building.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 10-22-2014 at 09:11 AM.

DAY 4
    9 PLAYERS INJURED OUT OF 18

I CAN'T PLAY THE NEXT GAME

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123