Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new rules on illegal formation?

Rookie

new rules on illegal formation?

I've recently played against 3 teams who had what I thought was an illegal formation, but against none of them did I get 80% possession. 2 had noone on one side, the third only 2 defenders. I watched each match and they didn't change anything. I was legal (as far as I knew). Has anyone else seen this recently? I'll post screenshots when I get on my laptop at some point.

what was the possession stats? i saw a match with a game who i assumed was tanking because his team was one of the best in the league but he used an illegal formation (he kept switching the illegal formations though). The possession breakdown was 65/35

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgy View Post
    I've recently played against 3 teams who had what I thought was an illegal formation, but against none of them did I get 80% possession. 2 had noone on one side, the third only 2 defenders. I watched each match and they didn't change anything. I was legal (as far as I knew). Has anyone else seen this recently? I'll post screenshots when I get on my laptop at some point.
    There is a thread regarding this but still no reply from Nordeus side......

Yep seems like a new phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgy View Post
    I've recently played against 3 teams who had what I thought was an illegal formation, but against none of them did I get
    80% possession. 2 had noone on one side, the third only 2 defenders. I watched each match and they didn't change anything. I was legal (as far as I knew). Has anyone else seen this recently? I'll post screenshots when I get on my laptop at some point.
    You are right.Yesterday I played a 2 defenders "illegal" formation" and had 27% possession.

Are 1 central mildfielder formations again legal or they only have less BP punishment?
    I played againt 43w3 this season few times. At beginning they had 20% BP, later 33%.

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    Are 1 central mildfielder formations again legal or they only have less BP punishment?
    I played againt 43w3 this season few times. At beginning they had 20% BP, later 33%.
    Low possession for my 4-3W-3 opponent yesterday too. I'm only guessing but I think following the OOP changes and strange possession they might be trying to move away from Legal v Illegal and simply using player penalties......or not. >.<

There seems to be a massive change here. Lost my first cup game 0-1 against a team with a 4-3-3 formation with no player on left wing (no DL, DML, ML, or AML), with 59-41 possession. And no, he did not change the formation after kick off, because it was only me watching.
    Last edited by Andy Holzer; 10-19-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Rookie
    All of the matches I referred to ended around 65:35 in my favour. Maybe that's the 'new normal'. Interesting what buffs mad said: I might try narrow diamond against a team with no wing player and see whether the difference is smaller. I'll report back when I fond such a team.

I also got beat 1:0 today by a team with only 10 players in ( they had more on the bench, obviously). Usually when nordeus had to add a player like that theyvend up getting d!@ked on by an active player like me.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 10-20-2014 at 01:58 AM.

maybe measures against tanking?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast