Thread: Bargain?/Academy player?/these auctions amaze me sometimes

Smile Bargain?/Academy player?/these auctions amaze me sometimes

Just purchased Dc/Dr 18yrs old ,5 star and 1 sp off 51 rating, paid under 7M and only Bid 3 Tokens at auction. No form stats,so if this is a young academy player? released by a much bigger club,Thankyou very much, and keep releasing them. (just checked- sold by level 10, 8star club). Nordeus want between 12-28 Tokens to sign academy players,so maybe they will act sensible and lower this? I doubt it , but im happy for now lol

He was not released before joining his old club from the academy; he was promoted. If he's 5* to you, then he wasn't a free agent when you signed him, so he was part of the club. He could have been the 2* or the 4*, but either way, he was signed before his previous manager sold him.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Potemy View Post
    He was not released before joining his old club from the academy; he was promoted. If he's 5* to you, then he wasn't a free agent when you signed him, so he was part of the club. He could have been the 2* or the 4*, but either way, he was signed before his previous manager sold him.
    I accept he would of been signed by the level 10 club,(unfair to name manager)but he,s 18 and could not of played for any club before as he has no form stats whatsoever,not just for me,but any previous club ? Def-51.6, Att-50.2, P&M 51,He has just gained the 1sp needed to improve to Rating 51 from one round of hard training,so a quick improver maybe ? anyway a bargain as few dc/dr come up on my server and when they do,they are usually 24+ and want same money and more Token Bids

Yes, he's a bargain, but I hope that he's a fast trainer too, or else he'll be a 4* next season.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Potemy View Post
    Yes, he's a bargain, but I hope that he's a fast trainer too, or else he'll be a 4* next season.
    In your opinion,is it possible to gain 60 skill points that would be required to avoid this ? obviously avoiding injuries,with only 18 playing days left + training ?

Probably not but he should be pretty close if he's fast he will be back to 5* again early next season, ? is though do you allocate them, well I was in the same position late last season I allocated them so he was 6* training slowed down, back to five this season and trains faster again.

I also find that Eg. 4* 18/21yo trains faster than 5*18/21yo at the same level, so it is possible that if you hold off the SP until later next season he will train much faster still and possibly make 6* mid season with a bit of PT but then he will slow again but just do the same from there again.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    Probably not but he should be pretty close if he's fast he will be back to 5* again early next season, ? is though do you allocate them, well I was in the same position late last season I allocated them so he was 6* training slowed down, back to five this season and trains faster again.

I also find that Eg. 4* 18/21yo trains faster than 5*18/21yo at the same level, so it is possible that if you hold off the SP until later next season he will train much faster still and possibly make 6* mid season with a bit of PT but then he will slow again but just do the same from there again.
    Agreed. I would assign most of the points, but don't let him go to the next star unless you need to, e.g. facing a tough opponent and he's playing, etc.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post

Thanks Accy, im really learning from this forum,to give you all a chuckle i only learned how to administer sp's from this season, i had over 300 at one time and was selling players for little money with 30 to 40 sps going to waste,not even to the lucky buyers lol,so this season ive been allocating when 5 is reached per player and building their ratings,but im going to hold off and allocate with end season clearout sale,hope fully for the 1st 3 day silly bidding ? Thanks Potemy Too, keyboard had tantrum
    Last edited by seanmeg; 02-19-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Apprentice
    Take from market or from academy is always 2 mind problem. Not sure will it cost me +40 tokens, or only 3, and not sure will he advance and play XXX well...tradeoff is imminent. Did not give any token for academy player but only released it to open market. Good thing from academy is that they advance XX FAST. Last experience was that +5p in 1 day, without booster.