Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Assigning Skill Points - Random Nature

Question Assigning Skill Points - Random Nature

Hi there. New to the game. Tried to search for this in the forum, but everyone seems to be talking about saving them for cup draws.

I'm trying to train a few players (def, mid and attack) and I keep finding that my defenders want to get dis-proportionally high values in Handling (equal to their existing tackling/marking skills) and it's not something I need for that player.

Similarly my central midfielders want to go with crossing, when choosing attack points.

And most players want to gain aggression when going with physical points.

It just gets very frustrating because it will great more balanced players than guys with 100 marking/tackling but 15 strength, it just seems to be overly loaded onto some skills that a number of players don't want. Any advice on how to get around it?

Is it truly random and that by getting another skill point to then assign might change the skills chosen?

Saving skill points won't help you in cup draw. It is useful only for power training. No one needs handling (expect for GK), but we can't change that. You can add skill points only on defence, attack or physical, but not on single skill.

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    Saving skill points won't help you in cup draw.
    I've read about that in trying to find the answer to my question. And no, I'm NOT asking about the cup.

It is useful only for power training. No one needs handling (expect for GK), but we can't change that.
    Yes. I'm trying to power train.

You can add skill points only on defence, attack or physical, but not on single skill.
    And I know it's not assigned by specific skills, and you can only choose the categories.
    But I'm asking if there's a way to get around overloading Handling (for defenders/midfielders) and crossing/aggression.
    So right now, I've got a single skill point for two of my defenders.
    For one of them ... if I choose Defence, it is assigning it to Handling.
    Attack = Finishing
    Physical = Aggression

For the other:
    Defence = Handling
    Attack = Crossing
    Physical = Creativity.

And I don't really want some of those.
    So ... is it random per gaining of a skill point? If I gain another skill for them will it change the skills chosen by the engine per category? Or is it not random and pre-defined per player?
    Last edited by Synthespian; 11-01-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Hi my friend and welcome
    If I understand it correct, you mean that in a specific time of the game if you try to give a sp to defense, this sp goes to Handling instead of Marking or Tackling that you want and if you could wait one day or gain 1-2 sp more or log in/out then this sp maybe passed the Handling and go to them ?
    No, anyway, for your next sp, you 'll find this Handling in front again.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Ok ... so you are saying the order is predetermined?
    Or that once it's randomly chosen handling as the next skill for that group ... that's it until you assign the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthespian View Post
    Yes. I'm trying to power train.
    Ok, power train only fast skill progress players. These are players which get more than 4% skill progress per 1% condition lost.
    When your player reaches quallity near scout (1 skill point to scout) then stop adding skill point because scouts have drastically slower growth than 5* players. When you gather enough skill points, add them and stop powertraining for that player. More often your player gets training and more packs you spend, more skll points will he get in shorter time.

alright lets clear some things up here:
    Handling is not a goalkeeper skill in this game, there are no goalkeeping skills
    The order is pre-determined, but one skill will not get too far ahead of the others, it is dependent on their position how they are assigned.
    Cat Harrison and Alfyan like this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Yeah, agree with RJ.
    I also started to believe that handling or marking or speed has nothing to do with the nature of the game.
    They are just 3 categories DEFENSE - ATTACK - PARTICIPATION IN THE GAME.
    If we could "build" the player as we would like e.g. an AMC like Messi with great ATTACK and no DEFENSE or a DC like David Luiz with attacking skills or a fast one like Robben, then we could have the choice to add only to speed or whatever.
    Those abilities I think it's cosmetic but maybe later with a better programming we could hope for something better.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Yeah, agree with RJ.
    I also started to believe that handling or marking or speed has nothing to do with the nature of the game.
    They are just 3 categories DEFENSE - ATTACK - PARTICIPATION IN THE GAME.
    Really?
    It's a purely cosmetic aspect?
    What a major disappointment. That takes a huge heap out of it.

If we could "build" the player as we would like e.g. an AMC like Messi with great ATTACK and no DEFENSE or a DC like David Luiz with attacking skills or a fast one like Robben, then we could have the choice to add only to speed or whatever.
    Those abilities I think it's cosmetic but maybe later with a better programming we could hope for something better.
    Yes. Well ... you then need to look at skill re-assignment for the players you've got because ... well ... that's another thing.
    Indeed. If you were cherry picking skills you'd start assigning, but my question was not quite that specific as I could see it wasn't possible but actually we got to the nub of it. It's meaningless. [:P]

And t11 ... thanks for the info on power training. Had got that in another thread, so was aware but always good to get it double-checked.

As for stopping "just before Scout".
    Is there a simple way to work out when they'll cross over?
    It seems to be an addition of the skills, but in truth with one-sided defenders/attackers it's not quite as simple it seems.
    t11_fan likes this.

Handling is purported to be Ball Control.

http://wiki.topeleven.com/Player#Attributes

Players have 3 categories of Skill: Physical and Mental can be thought of as 'Always On' - in constant use; Attacking or Defending are "Either Or" - a player can be Attacking or Defending in an event.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 11-01-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast