Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Assigning Skill Points - Random Nature

Yes, scouts begins with quallity ending on 5 or 0
    For example:
    level 1 Q25, level 2 Q30, level 3 Q35, level 4 Q40 etc.
    so for level 1 sum of 3 skills (average of defence, attack, physical) for weakest scout is 3x25=75
    Strongest 5* player can have rating sum 74.8 (1 skill point = 0.2)
    That means player who has def 24.8 att 25 and physical 25 is 5* at level 1, but player who has def. 25 att 25 physical 25 is scout; that is one skill point difference

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Handling is purported to be Ball Control.
    Player - Top Eleven Official Wiki
    So, are they "for show" or do they specifically do something?
    And if it's the latter ... are they predetermined?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    My belief is that you cannot very much change the proportions of the attribute sets -- if you get a guy that had finishing highest, it is likely to stay as the highest.

I proved this with a guy that had totally even stats in both ATT and PHY and they stayed that way for three seasons.

But as far as them being cosmetic, I don't think so -- he was a beast and sadly on a 35T team so he had to be sold. I choose players by their price and attributes and usually I get players that work in my team.

p.s. here's the wiki on attributes: http://wiki.topeleven.com/Player#Attributes
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 11-02-2014 at 03:17 AM.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Synthespian View Post
    So, are they "for show" or do they specifically do something?
    And if it's the latter ... are they predetermined?
    Couldn't possibly know that without seeing the code but its not as if its a complex thing to do. Whether is general skills or individual attributes its still just comparisons, 'rolls', multipliers....

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Really?
    It's a purely cosmetic aspect?
    What a major disappointment. That takes a huge heap out of it.
    No reason for that. This game has light program. I play it through pc and android. In my Samsung it’s open in a few seconds. Don’t judge or compare it with a football manager pc game 2GB. It’s a free f/b game and smartphone app.

It’s a descent game, good for what it offers. You can play with other people, you can have a descent team without spending money, you can boost your team if spending some or farming (watching vids) or downloading apps (free or not) for your pc or android – I ‘ve done all of them.
    I ‘m very addicted to it (this period) but it’s far from “the game of the year”.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Ok, some analysis now. This is my basic MR/AMR. I have a competitive 5* team with many young players and usually playing 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 V. This player, in most of the games playing as MR with red arrow.

Assigning Skill Points - Random Nature-robinho-sp-2.jpg

As you can see, his first attribute is passing. If I ‘ll try to give those extra sp, passing still gets the more. I was trying to push more his shooting attribute at the beginning but can’t do.
    So if his favorite attribute is passing (and crossing is equal to shooting) I would expect more assists than shooting when seeing his stats.

Assigning Skill Points - Random Nature-robinho-stats-lv5.jpg

My believe is that giving sp to a player, you can affect the style of your player (more attack or more defense) but the behavior of the player comes more from the style of the team (formation, mental, orders) and his “pre-program” than the individuals attributes.

p.s. and you cannot make a simulation of a player like Robben, with great speed/Fitness but low creativity – great dribbling but low crossing - great handling but low tackling.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 11-02-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Think we need to remember the differences in attributes within a skill set are small. I take them more as a hint of the preferred role.

Which still comes back to the question of are the skills actually part of the code of the engine?
    If they are, and the balance of skills is generally retained, then I don't want a team of MCs who have a predisposition to Crossing, nor do I want defenders who don't like to gain tackling.

If that's the case, then I would want to find replacements for them.

If it's not based on the actual skills, and is based only on the overall value of the segment, then I need not worry about the cosmetic affect of the skills, and my fast trainers (who like crossing) will simply be better players because they improve that segment overall. I don't know the code, and sure it loads in a browser or on a phone quickly so is not going to be a Football Manager style game, but if the nuances can make a difference I'd like to try and learn them.

I'm not asking to create a Robben specifically as I can see that's not possible, but trying to work out if these players I have bought are in fact going to be worthwhile in the end (with additional crossing/aggression).

Look at it this way:
    Option A) Points on different skills are immaterial, and only overall Defence, Attack & P+M skill levels matter. Fast Trainers = Fast Trainers and better long-term value
    Option B) Different skills play a part in the match engine. Fast trainers are good, but
    b1) If the skills additions are random your prized fast trainer could turn out to be a turkey in the long run, and you'll not get full resale value
    b2) If the skill additions are kept in a close ratio (per 100 skills) then you will be able to buy with more information of his future position
    b3) If the skill additions are pre-determined (but not in a ratio) you cannot know if you're buying a turkey or not.

so far, there's been no concrete answer to say if it's A or B.
    And then if it's B, which way round.

My current hunch is that it's probably A, and that it is all "for show", and whilst I'll accept that, it's still a shame to have named them. My current reason for my hunch now is due to the answers given so far, the general ambiguity and the lack of dedicated goalkeeper skills.
    t11_fan likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12