Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Steppenwolf
  • 1 Post By RJSlow
  • 1 Post By Panzani

Thread: Conceding lot of goals!!!!

Conceding lot of goals!!!!

I keep conceding a lot of goals despite wins narrowing my GD margin and also matches of close draw I lose out.

my league table

I use 4-1-2N-1-2 narrow diamond mostly and sometimes switch to 5-3-1-1.
    Mentality - normal
    Through the middle
    whole pitch
    mixed passes
    force counter attacks
    no offside traps

My DEFENCE has rating of mostly 7 and few 8 and rarely 6
    and most of the time they keep tackling and blocking as it shows in match comentry
    my keeper too is good enough ( 4 star rating and one on one stopper) but gets rating of 6 and 7 makes quite a bit of saves.
    I may be just frustated but u tend to get frustated wen u are sailing with alead of 3-0 and suddenly in last 10 mins its comes down too 3-2.

please any suggesstions. oh and yes my defenders are 5 stars and two are three stars (one of them is DW)

Mentality normal....Try to advance to offensive,to increase your chances to win the game...And by the way,try to tell us your level,because formations and mentalities are changing in increasing level...Put a picture with your level,and maybe i can help you..

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    Mentality normal....Try to advance to offensive,to increase your chances to win the game...And by the way,try to tell us your level,because formations and mentalities are changing in increasing level...Put a picture with your level,and maybe i can help you..
    I am on level 4 and i also switch to attacking it works but sometimes drains my players and also lead to injuries.
    as i said earlier i win games but the win margin gets reduced which is the actual problem.

VIP
    Narrow diamond is vulnerable on the flanks, any V formation can be trouble, especially if your team's mentality is normal or attacking and no offside traps... and I'm not sure full press goes well with counter attacks, you need to let opponent's team closer to get more space for counters...
    Ami 47 likes this.

yeah the counter attacks and whole pitch pressure are counter productive to each other. Looking at your stats I would say drop force counter attacks, and also dont be afraid to use defensive sometimes
    Ami 47 likes this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Dreamer
    damn, since your players gets good rating then it's a formation and orders problem !! I prefer defensive mentality with ND + counter attack try it 3-4 matchs.
    Server 52

Thank you for ur inputs and tips STEPPENWOLF,RJ SLOW AND SHERIFON i implemented them in today's match

Defensive mentality,own half pitch ,offside trap with counterattacking

my today's result

I ma not complaining that ur tactic didnt work in fact i am glad and thank you again ur tips were fruitful my players did well and i am happy though i lost coz now i understand the tactic flaw i was doing before.

As for the result i hav accepted that it is the demerits of being a NON TOKEN buyer or else i should train my players to get low rating so that they could score.

Quote Originally Posted by Althaf Yaseen Shibli View Post
    Thank you for ur inputs and tips STEPPENWOLF,RJ SLOW AND SHERIFON i implemented them in today's match

Defensive mentality,own half pitch ,offside trap with counterattacking
    Don't use offside trap when you play counterattack
    RJSlow likes this.
    13 seasons

League: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ,9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    CL: 2, 3, 4, 6, 11, 14 (also 2 lost finals and 3 semi-finals)
    Cup: 1, 4, 8 (also 1 lost final and 1 semi-final)

FORZA JUVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Panzani View Post
    Don't use offside trap when you play counterattack
    Panzani is right, these are not meant to be used together. When you play defensive and counter attack works together, and whole pitch pressure with offside trap work together. There are other factors but these are good to begin with

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

There's nothing wrong with using offiside trap and counterattacking. Won the league last season with both orders on (NFC Kuching), finished second with Go Leo.

Real Messy has joint least goals conceded in their league and is currently sitting 2nd but level on points with leader, NFC Kuching has the best defence in their league - unfortunate to have 2 very high Q team with them.

The only way you could get punished for using offside and counterattacking is if A) The team is WAY WAY stronger than you or B) You come up against someone playing ULTRA DEFENSIVE + COUNTER, which is quite rare.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T