View Poll Results: Which route have you taken?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Younger Players

11 64.71%
  • Older Players

1 5.88%
  • A mixture

5 29.41%
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Expert
  • 1 Post By Joshiko

Thread: Old or Young Players?

Old or Young Players?

What route have you taken?

1)old people with high qualities (the cheap route)

Although young people are expensive they also increase in quality a lot faster.
    However as each player is expensive and are high in demand one can only buy a few at a time due to the loss of tokens and money.

Result: Team with lower quality but higher value

2)young people with high qualities (the expensive route)

Although old people are cheap they slowly increase in quality.
    However as each player is cheap and low in demand one can buy these quality players in bulk.

Result: Team with higher quality but lower value
    Hassan FC and Giroudstar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Expert View Post
    What route have you taken?

1)old people with high qualities (the cheap route)

Although young people are expensive they also increase in quality a lot faster.
    However as each player is expensive and are high in demand one can only buy a few at a time due to the loss of tokens and money.

Result: Team with lower quality but higher value

2)young people with high qualities (the expensive route)

Although old people are cheap they slowly increase in quality.
    However as each player is cheap and low in demand one can buy these quality players in bulk.

Result: Team with higher quality but lower value
    My team is young and has a high quality. I prefer fast trainers, they can level up quickly and can stay for longer

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

as a token buyer i buy only under 22 y/o for better train and to use them at least 2 seasons

as for myself

season 1,2 : old
    season 4 : young
    season 3,5 : mixed

if you're not a token buyer, young players perspective is definitely not your best interest. moreover in my server, there's a lot of token buyers around who like to target youngsters. it's hard to get good youngsters without getting involved in bidding wars. and trust me, you'll never want to get involved in bidding war of youngster. the value can increase so much before you know it.

a little different from what you've written, i think old team results in higher quality but lower value and young team will result in higher value. young team quality will increase faster so in the end of the season you can get even better quality than the old team will has. but of course if you compare those two teams with the same budget, you can only afford 1 or 2 youngsters and in that case your team quality will be lower than the old team, even at the end of the season.

i like to do many experiments in this game. that's why i always change my views and tactics every season and i always find new things and strategy. fyi in this season i force myself to get highest rating old players before the playoff drawing of cup. this is important to get better pool because i don't want to be on the same pool with the highest rating token buyer in cup (which i don't understand why i always encounter fat token buyer every season.. ). i'm doing this since i realized that not only the drawing of champions not random at all, but also cup drawing. but after cup drawing is done (like now), i will start to get good youngsters and offload my old players.
    Last edited by Joshiko; 02-21-2013 at 11:44 PM.
    Giroudstar likes this.

I am used to wake up very early in the morning and I always aim at younger and most expensive ones. If a SA is included better for me. My average age atm is 21,1.
    At current season I do not need more sign ups, so all I do is sit and eat popcorn while having fun at bid wars on the market

Best thing for me is, my roster will carry me for 2-3 more seasons at its worst without searching the market :P
    Last edited by Spyros; 02-21-2013 at 11:58 PM.
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

av 22.9 so not bat,prefer young players,last for couple seasons