Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Steppenwolf

Thread: Changing Players names

Question Changing Players names

I know changing a player name can sometimes help with selling.
    My question is does changing a players name and nationality change his performance if you intend keeping him ?
    Not a daft a question as it may seem just wondered if anyone had seen a dip in performance or an increase in performance.
    Some of my signings I've made have had stupid names so I've changed them straight away so I've not got any comparisons

Apprentice
    no .....

no, i change mines a lot, about 90% of my team players are name changed but they dont improve their ratings or make them play worse.Even Scouts i changed their names too sometimes and they play the same.Performance is a long story to talk about,I sell/remove from the team anyone who get 6 ratings 2 times in 5 matches for ex.And specialy when their perfomance is 6 or 5 when i face a much weaker team, then i start to hate that player and only a man of the match in the next games can keep him in the team.When i transfer new player i seek the MOST EXPENSIVE ONE as this is a NORDGEN or somebody ACADEMY youth player and they perform good with minor exceptions.But its a transfer strategy that will cost u MONEY and lots of TOKENS but in my opinion will get you trophies after trophies.Good Luck!
    Last edited by Valentin Oprea; 12-08-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin Oprea View Post
    no, i change mines a lot, about 90% of my team players are name changed but they dont improve their ratings or make them play worse.Even Scouts i changed their names too sometimes and they play the same.Performance is a long story to talk about,I sell/remove from the team anyone who get 6 ratings 2 times in 5 matches for ex.And specialy when their perfomance is 6 or 5 when i face a much weaker team, then i start to hate that player and only a man of the match in the next games can keep him in the team.When i transfer new player i seek the MOST EXPENSIVE ONE as this is a NORDGEN or somebody ACADEMY youth player and they perform good with minor exceptions.But its a transfer strategy that will cost u MONEY and lots of TOKENS but in my opinion will get you trophies after trophies.Good Luck!
    Thanks for the reply
    Pretty much what I'm doing I've found the frees can be pretty useful for selling on, and making a quick buck along the way, when I'm buying frees I stick to a strict rule of no players over 25 to make selling on easier

Yes buyng free players are best choice to make some money but i havent seen a single one these days.And selling them is becoming more difficult now with this new transfer market.I try to sell 3 players of 81 quality (im lvl 13) for more than 2 weeks and nothing.No one buys them,one has special ability (dribling MC) and without succes.I try to get them to 84 quality to be able to sell them but that will take about 1 season or more.Is risky strategy now with these free players unless their ending is in 4 or 9..

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin Oprea View Post
    unless their ending is in 4 or 9..
    What do you mean by ending in 4 or 9 ?

VIP
    I had lousy defence and then I changed my goalie's name to Gandalf and four defenders names to You, Shall, Not and Pass... Since then I didn't concede any goals...
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.

in player quality , next to a star , like 44 or 49 Quality. LOL Steppe