Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is this high value 18 yo training worse than 23yo's?

Addicted

Why is this high value 18 yo training worse than 23yo's?

I bought an 18 year old the other, an MC. He is 5-star and his value is 1.7 million
    The problem is, he is a **** trainer. Whenever i train my t4eam, he gets the lowest training. He is 18, yet he receives less training than my 23 year olds. If the average gain if 30% (i.e. Practice Match), he will get 28-30. If it is 20, he gets 18-20.

I played a game today. He scored the winning goal and got an 8 rating. In turn, he received only 53 in skill training for the game, while 19 year olds in my team who only got 7 rating for the game, received over 100 in skill training.

People told me that buying a player who has a higher value (eg, an 18yo who is 5 star can have less value than a 3 star 18 yo, despite being equally good) means that the higher valued player will train much quicker. But this player of mine is the exact opposite! He is worth a lot more than other 18yo's his age, yet he trains 2-3 times worse than them every single time!

My questions are: is something wrong with the game? Should I sell this player and just buy a new one who trains normally?

Just because he's an 18 year old, doesn't mean he's going to be a fast trainer. Look at their price, is it similar or is the 23 year old more expensive? If yes, then the 18 year old is a slow trainer. You have to take in price as a factor.. A slow 18 year old trainer is as useless as a player retiring next season, you don't need him

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Apprentice
    Not sure if he is expensive, but from your description he seems like the free 2 star player from the youth academy of another manager. Those players are not expensive and are very slow trainers.

Apprentice
    Whether expensive or not should be compared to players of same age and quality.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcfmb View Post
    Not sure if he is expensive, but from your description he seems like the free 2 star player from the youth academy of another manager. Those players are not expensive and are very slow trainers.
    agree with this !!

Actually, 1.7M for a 5* 18yo, dosen't seem very high.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Addicted
    im in league 2. 18 yo's usually cost between 500k and 1,4 million. Very few cost more than that. I thought that since this 18yo cost more than other 18yo's with 5 stars, his value must be higher becoz he is a fast trainer.

turns out i was completely wrong and the game set a high value for no reason lol. I'm gonna sell him asap, coz even if he is the best player on my team right now - in 2 months others will have caught up with him easily i guess.

thanks for the help guys!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    im in league 2. 18 yo's usually cost between 500k and 1,4 million. Very few cost more than that. I thought that since this 18yo cost more than other 18yo's with 5 stars, his value must be higher becoz he is a fast trainer.

turns out i was completely wrong and the game set a high value for no reason lol. I'm gonna sell him asap, coz even if he is the best player on my team right now - in 2 months others will have caught up with him easily i guess.

thanks for the help guys!
    Just an advice since you are still in lower level. Keep the player for a few seasons. Anyway he is still 5 stars and performing well. Performance is better than quality points. You can have 3 star players that get better results than 4 / 5 star players. Just get lots of trophies while still in lower levels.

Jesus wept! give the lad a chance.
    Probably still wondering wish way to put his jock strap on.

For your level 5* is high, in other words you will not see the best from him until next season when his head shrinks back to normal and he's a 4*.
    I'm guessing he is one of if not the highest in quality in your team, bit of a primadonna.
    18yo players are for the future, take what you can now, or PT him to scout, he'll only get slower though.

P.S SP and gains from a match have absolutely nothing to do with performances in the game, they are pre programmed before the game starts relative to his gains % in the training bar.

Case in question, my DMC tonight, last four games form 5-5-4-4 in his last match today gained 2 skill points 156% gains and was injured in the 20th minute.
    MF player Sherwood 24yo injured; 30th minute in second game, 1 sp and 75% gains, his normal Avg for 90 minutes.
    Last edited by Accyrover; 02-23-2013 at 12:38 AM.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Addicted
    judging by the two last posts above, i'm guessing that a 5* players usually trains slower than a 4* player?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast