Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Terrible Season

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Ok, I saw saw the post of BabyGoth later. I wrote mine and sent it after when I saw that we were talking about the same thing
    I have the site open but I watch it from time to time.
    I 'm not an expert in formations, just give you some examples.
    Last season semi finals in CH.L. . Playing against a guy who always played 4-4-2, 1/2 star less than me. First game out, 4-5-1V, draw 1-1, second leg I played 4-1-2-1-2 ND, through the middle. When my ST and then my AMC scored, he realized that he accepted many attacks from the center, subbed his DL with a DMC but it was too late.
    Also when I face an oppo playing ND or 4-3N-3 I 'm using 3DC-1DMC. There is no reason using DL/DR.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 12-13-2014 at 03:00 PM.
    cookizzz and dave1311 like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Dang View Post
    But u need to be more flexible..dont just stick only on 442C ...Coz many formation can counter 4-4-2 C easily especially with the teams higher quality,bro...our teams can beat the 4-4-2C very very easily...

Some of the examples...

My level 14.. Dangbros United:

Or my Level 13: Tuan DM FC

My 4-4-2 is not too rigid. In general, I will make some in-match changes if I found the opponent is vulnerable in some positions. Well, usually I will be more attractive in wing position if the opponent is weak there. But I seldom attack through the middle because I usually do not intentionally employ AMC (though my L16 have 2 at this moment).

In this season, I often face the formation that you showed above. But the opponents are usually weaker than my teams. Actually, I consider this formation is weak in wings. So I usually move one of the AR/ML to AR/AML. Sometimes I even set to attack on both flanks. For defense, I think my 4 defenders is generally sufficient in most cases. Anyway, I monitor the statistics. If the opponent control the match and have more shots, I may try to substitute a midfielder/striker with DMC or even an extra DC.

I don't pay too much attention on counter formation before because I think any counter formation which is considered favorable against mine has their vulnerable area. I start with 4-4-2 because it is balance. In fact, my team is usually conservative, defensive minded. It will be slowly turned to more attractive only if I found it clearly control the match, or it really need more goals.

Anyway, thanks for your advice.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 12-13-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Jult52 View Post
    Draw an "X" in the middle of the DC/DMC/MC formation. An AMC with very good shooting is a valuable commodity.
    I agree that my team has concern on AMC of the opponent. If the opponent is clearly stronger than my team, sometimes I will use a DMC to replace one of my MC and set the tactic to hard defense. But in general, I start with 4-4-2. If the AMC is really very active, I may firstly set one of the MC backward, and next consider to add a DMC.

Thanks.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Ok, I saw saw the post of BabyGoth later. I wrote mine and sent it after when I saw that we were talking about the same thing
    I have the site open but I watch it from time to time.
    I 'm not an expert in formations, just give you some examples.
    Last season semi finals in CH.L. . Playing against a guy who always played 4-4-2, 1/2 star less than me. First game out, 4-5-1V, draw 1-1, second leg I played 4-1-2-1-2 ND, through the middle. When my ST and then my AMC scored, he realized that he accepted many attacks from the center, subbed his DL with a DMC but it was too late.
    Also when I face an oppo playing ND or 4-3N-3 i 'm using 3D-1DMC. There is no reason using DL/DR.
    I do feel that DR or DL is wasted if the opponent has no ML/AML/MR/AMR. But I am defensive minded and do not feel comfortable to start without DR/DL unless the opponent also has no AMC and only have a ST. I usually make necessary changes in matches. Even in matches, I seldom alter my defenders, unless I notice that a defender is very inactive and opponent score a lot.

Guys, this is all very useful advice and exactly what I was looking for. I guess my 4-4-2 is quite rigid and predictable. I do occasionally bring on an AMC and go 4-3-1-2 and I do change tactics during a game too. Many thanks for all the constructive comments here.

FC Loella. Server 121. Level 13
    10 League Titles
    2 Champions Leagues
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12