Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Terrible Season

Terrible Season

Well my worst season ever is complete. Lost my last 3 games (2 of them troll inflicted defeats) and finished 8th. The 3 teams behind me all had a superb late run and overtook me. My strikers been crap all season.
    I have never finished outside the top 4 till now and won 10 Leagues out of 12.
    This is the same squad which won me the League easily last season and the CL.
    I would welcome any tips as to how to approach next season ? Squad clear out ? I feel like sacking all the under performers right now (but I'll stay off the game for today till my anger subsides).
    Has anyone else had such a fall from grace ? If I'd known this season would be so poor I'd have tanked.

FC Loella. Server 121. Level 13
    10 League Titles
    2 Champions Leagues
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

what can i say? i am no expert. but 1st of all: i guess it's in the mechanics of the game, that winning teams got bad times. i am playing since two month and i read such posts nearly every day.
    2nd. how can people give you advices if they don't know what you did?
    did you watch your matches? which formation did you use. who got more stars on the field. were your team motivated and full condition? did they perform 5 or 8? there are so many facts that involves the result. you find enough advices in that forum. if you need special advices, you should ask more specific.

greets Baby
    dave1311 likes this.

Yeah.... i also experienced same thing as you.. Last season i won the leage with perfect 26-0-0 score and +110 GD
    This time also i didnt make any great changes except adding 2-3 new players to my starting XI and in first half of the season i was at 10th position , then i changed some orders and tactics and bought some more new players and replaced them with under-performing players in starting XI and atlast i managed to secure 4th position , finally !! I was fearing worst of getting below 7th pos. , but thanks to late wins (Won 4 out of last 5 matches and drew 1 )
    Overall i finished fourth with just 14wins (compared to last season's 26)
    Hope it would not be the same next season also :/

P.S :- i also experienced a lot of injuries this season( big ones 5days+) compared to last season ( 500% more)
    In first half of the season , i had like 1 injury per match or my best player would get his second yellow card just before some imp. match and he is banned for 1 match
    Though last seven matches i had only 2 injuries (small ones)
    dave1311 likes this.

Level 6 Season 6

Terrible Season

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGoth View Post
    what can i say? i am no expert. but 1st of all: i guess it's in the mechanics of the game, that winning teams got bad times. i am playing since two month and i read such posts nearly every day.
    2nd. how can people give you advices if they don't know what you did?
    did you watch your matches? which formation did you use. who got more stars on the field. were your team motivated and full condition? did they perform 5 or 8? there are so many facts that involves the result. you find enough advices in that forum. if you need special advices, you should ask more specific.

greets Baby
    Watched all my matches. Ratings mostly 7-8. Team always on 99% for everything. I use 4-4-2 (always have). Use defensive counter attacking against stronger teams and normal against teams around my level. All players are 5 star with a few scouts and one 7 star.
    The team were ok in the CL as I got to semi-final but collapsed from a 2-1 away win to a 1-4 defeat at home in the 2nd leg.
    My point is that I had the same squad last season and bossed it in both comps. I was unbeaten in the League as well.
    I just wondered if anyone had been in the same situation and how they dealt with it.
    I would say 10 League titles out of 12 means I have been doing ok up till now ! My team and tactics haven't just gone bad !

FC Loella. Server 121. Level 13
    10 League Titles
    2 Champions Leagues
    Last edited by dave1311; 12-13-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

ok. i would say the problem is your formation. if you got good opponents they check your league history, see you play always 4-4-2 and they just see that and counter you. the second thing is. i don't know how match-making works. maybe you had a good season so you get good opponents this seasons. last thing i could imagine. you bought strong players but slow trainers. you enemy bought weaker players that improved well and so they came out strong late in season so you lose now.
    dave1311 likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I use 4-4-2 (always have)
    ok, maybe this could be the answer in your problem.
    After lv2-3 I stopped playing 4-4-2 only and I watched my opponents, their formations and if I could use a good counter formation.
    Of course this is the more balance formation but your team was too predictable using the same in every game.
    dave1311 likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyGoth View Post
    ok. i would say the problem is your formation. if you got good opponents they check your league history, see you play always 4-4-2 and they just see that and counter you. the second thing is. i don't know how match-making works. maybe you had a good season so you get good opponents this seasons. last thing i could imagine. you bought strong players but slow trainers. you enemy bought weaker players that improved well and so they came out strong late in season so you lose now.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    ok, maybe this could be the answer in your problem.
    After lv2-3 I stopped playing 4-4-2 only and I watched my opponents, their formations and if I could use a good counter formation.
    Of course this is the more balance formation but your team was too predictable using the same in every game.
    Could you briefly advise the general counter formation for 4-4-2? I also adopted this for 16 seasons because this is easy to manage and avoid illegal formation (but now this point is meaningless). Instead of changing formation & players for different opponents, I tend to ensure the players on field are in good form & good condition and avoid them playing out of natural positions.

Anyway, as dave1311's team is good for many seasons and my teams are not bad, I still believe teams playing with 4-4-2 can be competitive.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    Could you briefly advise the general counter formation for 4-4-2? I also adopted this for 16 seasons because this is easy to manage and avoid illegal formation (but now this point is meaningless). Instead of changing formation & players for different opponents, I tend to ensure the players on field are in good form & good condition and avoid them playing out of natural positions.

Anyway, as dave1311's team is good for many seasons and my teams are not bad, I still believe teams playing with 4-4-2 can be competitive.
    But u need to be more flexible..dont just stick only on 442C ...Coz many formation can counter 4-4-2 C easily especially with the teams higher quality,bro...our teams can beat the 4-4-2C very very easily...

Some of the examples...

My level 14.. Dangbros United:

Or my Level 13: Tuan DM FC

Last edited by Brian Dang; 12-13-2014 at 02:07 PM.
    cookizzz and dave1311 like this.

Dave- in the same boat as you. I won my league and the CL last season. As of Thursday I had not lost in a week, was preparing for the CL final and was in 3rd place in my league. Two losses later 2!- I am the CL runner up and in 5th place so won't qualify for the CL next season. Maybe I need a therapist!?

I am still pondering what to do but trying to approach things analytically, will be investing big $$$ in a new MR and aggressively training my existing players. I also need to understand tactics better because my gameplan for the CL final was misconceived and probably lost me a winnable game. So don't tear things up - you have a good team- stay the course and make intelligent squad improvements.

Btw, I feel like I can beat the 4-4-2 mostly, I think it is a vulnerable formation.
    dave1311 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    Could you briefly advise the general counter formation for 4-4-2? I also adopted this for 16 seasons because this is easy to manage and avoid illegal formation (but now this point is meaningless). e.
    Draw an "X" in the middle of the DC/DMC/MC formation. An AMC with very good shooting is a valuable commodity.
    cookizzz likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast