Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Has there been a change to the game or have i just signed a team of flops?

Quote Originally Posted by dudapples View Post
    Ok so i am now in season 9, and it's suddenly went all wrong!
    I won my first 7 leagues and narrowly missed out last season, though i put that down to my team being old and under-starred. I signed most of my old team in season 3/4 as scouts and they did me proud also taking home 2 champions league titles and 1 cup, 1 treble included.
    I felt it was time to replace my old squad as they were all around 30 years old and would be down to 2/3 stars this season, and after struggling last season i decided they were to go.
    I now have a new squad of 20 players (2 from old squad survived the cut) They are a mix of 6 and 5 stars with a few close to 7 stars. Many are scouts, almost all have special abilities, and a few have their main training section raised much higher than the other 2 sections (these type players have been awesome for me in the past)

Anyway i am now sitting 11th in the league with only 1 win despite having the highest average rating by far, am out of the cup already even though i'm in the same cup level i was the past 2 seasons where i managed last 16, and champions league group looks like being very tight between all 4 teams.

Am using my same approach, i always have but my team is struggling badly, thought maybe it was because my new team need time to gel but the teams beating me seem to have bought their teams at start of the season too, the have no special abilities and are rated way lower yet are comfortably beating me.

I change my formation to suit each opponent and make changes during the matches if things are going bad... a lot of the teams beating me don't even turn up yet still put 4 past me.

What's gone wrong???
    I also had a bad start, some weird results against weaker teams (I even decided to give up at half time to get the being dominated award), I got a draw against a stronger team. Now my team is doing better, two big wins (5-0, 0-7), so maybe it was bad luck. Tomorrow I play the number 1 (but looking at his results, it's not a default loss, lower wins against teams I've beated). Maybe it's bad form or bad luck.

Rookie
    Sorry to say this but when your time is up its up
    Had team with 2 league win at 3rd season even though I used all same with new 5* players (replaced 5 members with 2-3* who survived both season) what ever I do what ever format position tactic health moral opponent 2* against my 4* team that's big difference in season 3 but still I managed 10th in the table and this season even most player are scout level and replaced bad form members still I struggle

@Abu Latifa Don't think that negatively.
    2 seasons ago in OMA league at the beginning of the season my team was objectively one of the strongest and one of main favourites for the title. However performances were very bad, at around a half of the season my team was 9th placed. I tried various formations, tactics, morale was high, but nothing had effect, no feedback at all. I though I won't get promotion. Then I sold my MC's and bought completly new MC line (all new ones). Form immediately changed, in few days I had climbed up to 4th place, finished that season as 3rd, but 2 points behind champion.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I'm having the same sort of issues this season in the league (level 24).

I'm two wins, two draws and two defeats from my first 6, putting me in 8th. Won all my cup and CL games however.

It just seems I'm getting no consistency what so ever in the league. There are 3 teams with better squad quality than me overall, but I've only played one of them so far (and drew with them so that wasn't an awful result!), yet I've really struggled to get going. Both wins have been by a single goal too.

I'm confident that I will improve over the season without the need to bring new players in, but I doubt I will be challenging for the title this year. I'm going to have to focus on qualifying for the CL to keep my consecutive seasons in that going.
    dudapples likes this.

Rookie
    todays matches were all fake results

Well scraped another draw against another lower rated team today

Am seeing a pattern emerging in these games now... even when i have good formation and tactic and am dominating a game, something changes and my opponents are suddenly all over me until they either win or draw... so frustrating... especially as these managers aren't even watching so can't possibly be making tactical changes...
    mani8005 likes this.

Quick update:
    I decided to get rid of the 6 star scout with the 4/5 form ratings, by the time i did this 2 or 3 others in my squad who had been performing well were beginning to drop to 6/5/4's
    anyway i sold my MC with dodgy form and set my team to a 4-4-1-1 formation to try and bring stability for a while( i normally change formation for each game)
    After a couple of wins the players were starting to get back to normal ratings and after a few more wins i am now starting to regain my confidence in my team... am currently on a 7 game win streak, 11 undefeated
    Also bought a replacement for the MC i sold and he has scored 6 goals in his first 2 games with ratings of 8,9
    Have a few tough matches coming up so will know where im at exactly in a few days time...

On a side thought.. the dodgy MC i sold who was a 6 star scout with playmaker special ability... could it be the special ability which allowed him to affect my team so badly??

I have this problem now, I keep losing to teams and have no real idea why they are no better and their manager doesn't watch it. If you check the reviews on the app store a lot of people complain about this.
    mani8005 likes this.

Hi du dapples, I've got exactly the same problem this season, I'm lvl 7. And currently in 12th place, lost 8 outta 12 matches, with 23 GA.
    I have a player in MC, 5-5-6-5-4 form and a skill of playmaker. Skill level of 5stars
    Now on the selling list.
    Let's see what happens once he's gone...

I'm sat in 5th now. A slight improvement from earlier on this season, but its shocking how poorly I am doing considering I have one of the best teams in the league. I've had simply no consistency what so ever.

With that said, stormed the CL, topped the table there. Also still in the Cup which is very odd as I often go out of that pretty early.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast