Thread: Messi in T11?

Rookie

Messi in T11?

When you begin playing Top Eleven, you begin with a 3*-4* team, which means ranging between level 10 and 19 players. As you progress through the game and are promoted to the next level, your players are docked a star, to improve competition and to promote your team's skill, as well as your league.

Obviously your very first team from season 1 isn't F.C. Barcelona yet, but how far are you from being the equivalent of today's Barcelona in Top Eleven? This thread isn't about Barcelona the team itself, but its players, and calculating the average quality of Barcelona's players as whole would take too much time, so I would prefer to compare our season 1 newcomers to F.C. Barcelona's most famous player: Lionel Messi.

From numerous sources around the Internet, although they might be completely false, (in which case just go along with me) Messi's value (or "worth", as we see it in the Top Eleven Transfer Market) is approximately $50,000,000 ($50M). I don't quite remember how much you and your team are granted to begin your T11 career, but it's definitely a minute digit compared to $50M.

Your 4* players from your season 1 team were valued at approximately 100K-200K ($0.1M-$0.2M) each. That's just giving you a very quick glimpse of how far you are away from having a player equivalent to Messi in your team. You'd have to multiply your 4* player's worth by 500 to achieve Messi's IRL value. That's a lot.

Going into more detail, the approximate value of an 18-year-old 4* (Q15-Q19) player when you're in the first season is $1M. That's including all the qualifying players that are worth over and under $1M, of course. Now, I am not entirely sure about the next bit, as I'm not at this level currently, but I can give an estimation that an 18-year-old 4* (Q35-Q39) in the 5th season is worth approximately $5M.

Although the value isn't everything, as we can notice from the terrible, young players valuing more than the better, older players. Lionel Messi, who doesn't exist in the game unless you've coughcoughwastedcough 1T on player information changing, doesn't have skill that can be measured in any possible way, aside from lucky guesses, in the real world. Let's, together, make Lionel Messi a scout player, as he does stand out from Barcelona, and has received many prizes, medals and trophies himself and for his team, thanks to him.

So, a 6* player, called Lionel Messi, in this example, worth ~$50,000,000. What level in the game would you need to be to have a player like this?

Seeing as, in my last few estimations, we said that an 18-year-old 4* player for a level 5 manager is worth approximately $5M, and through some calculations and careful checking, the value of a player increases by about $0.3333...M every star gained, and depreciates by $50,000 ($50K) every year he gets older. Keeping in mind Messi's real age (25), a 25yo 6* player for someone in the 5th level would be worth $5.25M. I chose this as it represented as closely as possible Messi's worth, divided by 10.

That being said, all we need to do is to multiply everything we have said about this 6* player for a Level 5 manager, here by 10, in order to have a player worth $50M (or $52.5M, to be precise). So you would have to be, in theory, level 50 to have a player like this. What skill level would Messi be? Considering that a 6* player at level 5 has an average skill level of at least 45, meaning that Messi's would be 450.

Level 450: what is that? Aside from being Messi's would-be T11 skill level, it can be translated, for newbies who joined us this season, a player with 100 stars, or a scout with 94 red stars.

Unfortunately, it would be impossible to have a player as good as Lionel Messi in this game right now, seeing as we are right in the middle of the 37th season, so for someone who began playing this game on Day 1 (aside from the Admins, I don't really know any one who did...) and who was promoted every single season (not a very big chance of this having happened), he is still quite far off from having a Messi-equivalent of his team. 14 seasons, actually. And by then, in the 41st season (Saturday, 5th of April 2014 - Saturday, 3rd of May 2014), someone will have a 5* player, who is as good as today's Messi.

That's in quite a long time, and he's going to be pretty expensive.
    Last edited by Stafford; 02-24-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    Exeter FC - Season 2 (21.5)

Past 5 games: W - W - W - W -W

League:
    Season 1 - 7th (someone should have warned me about illegal formations earlier!)
    Season 2 - 5th (yeah, err, yeah. See above.)
    Season 3 - currently 2nd

Level 15 here and the best players are worth around $70m each. In a few more levels I will be seeing every player being worth just over $100m each (106-107m) which is the max market value for a player.

There is currently a League Level cap at 25, So 5* players are 144 quality max and 6* scouts are 149 quality, anyone over the level 25 is basically a visual representation but in reality they are still level 25. A 'Messi' at L25+ would need to have a quality of at least 9*160.

As for a 'Messi' type player in any league level, they would be your 9* players. So a player at L15 would need a 9*110 rated player in their squad to effectively have a 'Messi' style player. My best player is at 8*108 which is near 'Messi' type and most likely currently a Falcao or a Van Persie on quality rating system that we have.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 02-23-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Rookie
    1) Max Market Value? Why would they have one of those?
    2) I've only seen it go up by ~$1M/18yo/season, so I really don't see how one player could be worth so much at level 15.

$1M last season, and now most excellent players are at $2M, and the Level 3 teams have excellent-grade players worth $3M. It's all my naked eye could see in the vast and deep outer space that is T11's higher-levels.

It may just be because we're on different servers, but I doubt that's the sole issue.

League:
    Season 1 - 7th (someone should have warned me about illegal formations earlier!)
    Season 3 - currently 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
    1) Max Market Value? Why would they have one of those?
    2) I've only seen it go up by ~$1M/18yo/season, so I really don't see how one player could be worth so much at level 15.

$1M last season, and now most excellent players are at $2M, and the Level 3 teams have excellent-grade players worth $3M. It's all my naked eye could see in the vast and deep outer space that is T11's higher-levels.

It may just be because we're on different servers, but I doubt that's the sole issue.
    Answer to Number 1: There is an in-game money cap at 2.147 Billion (32 bit over-flow) so the players values are capped at just over $100million each to ensure squad values don't exceed this number.

Answer to Number 2: Exponential Growth.

i had more 2* and 3* at my first season
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Answer to Number 2: Exponential Growth.
    That wouldn't make much sense. Say income is doubled ever season, or increases by what your income in the first year was, the value of your players that you will buy would double, as they do, as I see it, and as I calculated it. It'd be a bit silly if suddenly, instead of going from a value of $10M, say, it goes to, in one season, say $50M. How could anyone afford it?

Income in first season: ~14K
    Income in second season: ~28K
    What third season's income should be: ~42K.

I'd say it'd only make sense. How much do you make per day, excluding expenses ?

League:
    Season 3 - currently 2nd

That wouldn't make much sense. Say income is doubled ever season, or increases by what your income in the first year was, the value of your players that you will buy would double, as they do, as I see it, and as I calculated it. It'd be a bit silly if suddenly, instead of going from a value of $10M, say, it goes to, in one season, say $50M. How could anyone afford it?

Income in first season: ~14K
    Income in second season: ~28K
    What third season's income should be: ~42K.

I'd say it'd only make sense. How much do you make per day, excluding expenses ?
    Its about $15million in per day on average for turnover during a season for me, $85million league bonus, $1.5m per league match, $6.4million for CL group games then increasing towards the $20m CL final, cup goes up from 1.6m to 9m in the final, plus theres $4m per match for ticket sales.

Rookie
    You make $4M per match, just in ticket sales? Barcelona's stadium capacity is 800,000 (isn't it?), and it's one of the, if not the, biggest stadiums evar. Don't tell me you have a bigger and better stadium than that. Otherwise you'd have to charge way too much for maxed revenue.

I didn't include the (very improbable) fact of winning, or coming close to winning, the CL and the Cup in the first seasons. If you buy or watch so many videos, my calcs probably won't concern you

League:
    Season 3 - currently 2nd

You make $4M per match, just in ticket sales? Barcelona's stadium capacity is 800,000 (isn't it?), and it's one of the, if not the, biggest stadiums evar. Don't tell me you have a bigger and better stadium than that. Otherwise you'd have to charge way too much for maxed revenue.

I didn't include the (very improbable) fact of winning, or coming close to winning, the CL and the Cup in the first seasons. If you buy or watch so many videos, my calcs probably won't concern you
    Barcelona's Stadium is 98,000. My Stadium holds 157,000 with an expansion due at the beginning of the season to take it upto 183,000. The max stadium size in T11 is 260,000. I charge $25 and I get full attendance each game, so it just leaves me shy of $4m per match.

I can make profit each season, I can expand stadium and pay current large wages of $6million/season/player a season with ease. Thats because I always seem to win the league and reach the later stages of CL and Cup every season.