Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By George Watson
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: Watching games...

Watching games...

Is there any point in watching the games I am now level six and have noticed that I lose more games then I watch, then when I don't. So it asks the question, is there any point in watching, apart from a morale boost.

Dreamer
    Today I join the game half time, leading 4:0 at 36'

No point scored the second half. Although, with that lead I intentionally send-in a player (DR) with bad form to see if he improved, he gets 6 as result.

Looks almost like the opponent's flawed defense became patched all of a sudden once I joined the game (or that player enter the pitch).

Yes, there is. You can change outcome of the match (if you know exactly what are you doing).
    Few days ago my team played match and I started watching it at 70'. Result was 2-1 for opponent (home team). He was present, used 43n12. My formation before match was 4411. Then I made 2 subs, changed formation to 3142 and won match 2-3, both goals scored in last 10 minutes.
    Important thing is to avoid players in bad form. No matter how high their quallity is, they are useless!

Ofc what you can not know is what would have happened had you not watched a match you viewed or watched one you didn't - bigger loss or bigger win, who knows.

I can't say that it makes a difference just like no one can say it doesn't so for me the answer lies in the whole point of a game - entertainment.

If you are not entertained by watching, don't enjoy thinking about what's happening/making changes, don't care about boosters or don't think there is any advantage....then don't watch.

I've joined games after HT where I was drawing and then lost 3 goals in 6 minutes and got humped; and a few games ago I've joined just as we went 2 behind and then made changes and won 4-2. It all depends on whether its the simulation/luck thats going against you or the tactics. You can't change the luck but you can change your tactics.

Btw, I think it makes a difference but sometimes the difference is not enough (and sometimes the difference is me making the wrong changes >.< )

PS. Some matches you could pause and buy 14 high performing 9* players; shove them on in a perfect formation; invite everyone from the Etihad to watch.......and still not win.
    t11_fan likes this.

Sometimes it can make a difference but in most cases it is a disadvantage. The only advantage of watching is the free motivation bonus.

I don't know, but this season is strange. I'm fighting to promote, currently at the 7th position (reaching top 3 in all other years).

Maybe it's because I watched many games in the beginning. I got two draws against a team who won all the other matches (in both matches, he watched the game and I didn't so I probably won't be watching any matches against better teams anymore). From another team I lost 4-0 in a game I watched and won 5-1 when I didn't watch (with almost the same formation). In the beginning I lost all the games I watched but when I stopped watching the games, I got good results (7 wins in a row and a draw against #1).
    Last edited by Kevin van Zutphen; 12-30-2014 at 10:38 AM.