Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By PricopGeorgeCătălin
  • 1 Post By t11_fan
  • 2 Post By kynan

Thread: A big project

Question A big project

It's been a while since my last league win. 7 seasons now, and wasn't close to winning it in at least one of them.
    Tried changing the formation, the style, the approach every single week but nothing was working. I am now considering the tanking option, because it is always the same story. My team always looks so strong at the end of the season but then they lose a star (I know they don't lose quality, it is just ugly to see them lose a star) and enter a very difficult competition where they stand no chance. I was hoping to cause upsets sometimes, but I am starting to doubt this game, as I can't see weaker teams beating the stronger ones. That leads me to a conclusion that the most successful managers are maybe the ones that have most success in auctions and those who buy tokens. It doesn't look like they are great tacticians. The ones who struggle to buy in auctions have lost their battles for titles already.
    So I decided to come to this forum which has dozens and dozens of long-serving T11 managers who know better than me and ask a few questions:
    1. What is the most reliable, hardest to counter, strongest formation? Does it even exist?
    2. Does the defensive approach have any big benefits? What about counter-attack forcing and offside traps (never read offside in the live commentary)?
    3. Long or short passing?
    4. How risky is hard tackling? Because even my strong backline gets passed easily.
    5. Is it recommended to use arrows on all players and overall how should certain players be adjusted (red/blue)?
    6. How the $^&!# can I make sure my players take 1-on-1 chances? My opponents score from every opportunity, while my team scores from every 4th or 5th 1-on-1 opportunity. No wonder I end up losing some matches.
    I remember I saw a thread from someone almost a year ago. Can't find it, but he posted his team's (Bayern Munchen I believe, with real life names of Bayern players) achievements through all the seasons and was very successful. If someone could find that thread, it could also be very valuable.
    I want to start a new phase of the team, an era filled with titles like in my first 9 seasons. Please give me an assist.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    1. What is the most reliable, hardest to counter, strongest formation? Does it even exist?
    -I doubt about formations, I really don't think counter formations are working and no user can prove bad, because to rule a test and prove that you need to have 2 clone-teams with same evolution of the players.

2. Does the defensive approach have any big benefits?
    -Like I said, I doubt counter formations are working but sometimes defensive approach is working and I'm talking here about orders.

-Mixed all day long

4. How risky is hard tackling? Because even my strong backline gets passed easily.

-Hard tackling is not something that I will use because for it will bring you a lot of cards.

5. Is it recommended to use arrows on all players and overall how should certain players be adjusted (red/blue)?
    -I'm using blue arrows for all defenders and red for all players from middle line to strikers, always and for all formations.

6. How the $^&!# can I make sure my players take 1-on-1 chances?

-Well I'm always replacing my players that are missing a lot, try to look for players that are taking good notes, always 7+.

Good luck!
    DoctorRedDevil likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

1. Hard to choose, but maybe 451V.
    2. Defensive mentality is good when you are playing against stronger opponent. Forcing CA is risky because oppo can break CA and then your defence will be opened for his CA. For me it isn't useful, I tend to avoid it. Offside trap works for me against 3ST formations when I'm attacking. I haven't combined OT with defending so far. You can't read OT in comments. If your defence with OT works, you will notice lower number of shoots in oppo's team which means that OT breaks his attacks.
    3. I use long passing when I play against 5 mildfielders team or I'm defending. I can explain it in details if you want.
    4. This is related with defending part of game, it is all connected there: fouls, oppo's shoots etc. Hard tackling is useful if reduces opponents passing % and number of shoots. If not, then turn it off just to decrease chance to get card. Usually you won't get card if your team plays good in defensive part of game so your player won't be forced to make foul to stop opponents. That is why fouls is important part of statistic, usually underestimated and forgot. Keep eye on oppo's shoots, if he has too much, change something.
    5. I don't use arrows on all players, I think it is related firstly with strategy, then tactics. I try to counter every opponent so my setup is usually based after opponents. That means for example: If opponents has 2 wingers in team and they are in mildfield, I will probably use 4 wingers and red arrows on them.
    6. Hard to answer, usually it is random, but good form helps, morale doesn't help much. I saw great form ST missing 100% chance and bad form player scoring.

For me most important rule of success in this game is:
    If your players are out of form, formation, morale, quallity, tactics or friend's support won't help to prevent bad results!
    DoctorRedDevil likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

OK, these are just my OPINIONS, so don't take them as fact -

What is your strongest eleven in a formation that is solid? (As in you might have 5 MC's as your strongest players but you couldn't play all 5). For me I have never strayed far from the traditional 4-4-2 and look for players that fit in that formation. I then look for the weakest player in that formation and look to replace him. I personally never try to counter other formations - apart from changing mid game depending on if I am winning or losing. Personally I'd say have faith in your own team and don't worry about others.

2. Does the defensive approach have any big benefits? What about counter-attack forcing and offside traps (never read offside in the live commentary)?
    Offsides do exist in the game but the developers said they don't include them on the updates as it would annoy people (this was a reply to a question to the developers last year). I can't say I've ever bothered much to change the approach prior to a match, but often go either more attacking or defensive during games depending on my result. It's impossible to say if it has had any impact on my results but I'd like to think it has - as that is a big part of tactics. If what we do when the game is on is irrelevant then its a shame.

Why not both? If a team is predictable its easy to beat.

A few people tried changing from normal to hard tackling a while back to see what the increase in cards were. The result was that it didn't really impact on how much bookings teams got. Personally I find with hard tackling my defence plays better - but that's just personal opinion.

I've never bothered with the arrows. That isn't to say that they don't work but I like to keep it simple. Keeping it simple stops mistakes from being made long term.

6. How the $^&!# can I make sure my players take 1-on-1 chances?
    Nothing you can do about this. Its just the game engine - sometimes they will score, sometimes they wont.

T11 is still a very simple and basic game and therein lies its flaw. In every logic, there is always a 1% chance of an anomaly and it happens very often in T11. This is not FM we are talking abt but a web-based game.

- No such thing. It's is relative to the teams competing in the league, but if I was to make a suggestion 4-3W-1-2 or 4-3-2W-1
    - Yes depending on the accompanying orders and arrows
    - Short unless desperate
    - Zero risk. You'd get the same amount of cards if you play normal. Players probably tire faster but you get to attack quicker.
    - I have never tried putting arrows on all 11 players. Usually my AMx or wingers have them.
    6. How the $^&!# can I make sure my players take 1-on-1 chances? My opponents score from every opportunity, while my team scores from every 4th or 5th 1-on-1 opportunity. No wonder I end up losing some matches.
    - Impossible to control.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Top Eleven is...well not perfect.Am really looking forward to the update,because i think it would solve alot of problems and make the game more entertaining.

1.The most reliable formation for me is 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.This formation lets you give instructions that are basic but
    effective.This is also the best counter attack formation.

2.Defensive approach is something that i have toyed with alot with mixed results.For a defensive layout to work,in a 4-man defence(for example), you need all the defenders to b 4 stars or more ie.the better the quality of you defenders the more it should work for you.On the other hand a defensive approach leaves your MFs with more to do because of the added pressure from the Op.Team.My advise is,stick blue arrows on your defenders and play Normal.

3.Always mix

4.Its not advisable to use hard tackling.

5.Arrows and players,depends on the formation you deploy your players in.Using arrows on players has its + & - sides.I would say use arrows on select players(not all) because i notice one time that using arrows can affect the chemistry and tactics of
    your entire team.For example,i once stuck a red on an AMC in my team and for the whole game it was like my ST was red-carded;he never got mentioned in the commentary(i won the game somehow though,it wasnt pretty).

6.You want better 1 on 1 conversion rate?Use a 5 star + ST.If you have more than 1,play them both.

Rookie
    Before tinkering on formations , sometimes losses are caused by something not being set accordingly.

1 example, I aim to win the competition so I try to buy a good team, but Ive noticed that Ive lost matches, that I should no way lose.
    A lot of friendlies but also important matches.

I came to realise that setting a good winning bonus, makes huge difference. It affects their motivation directly.
    Ive won from better oponents, couple leagues up , and or with way better teams. Very often directly related to the differences in winning bonus set.

i tried it with a friend who was a couple of leagues up , with friendlies. To make a point, I didnt tell him after he had lost 6 games consequently. He was ready to go nuts hahahahaha.

I have my winning bonus set maxed out. This will give less revenue per winning match...however it will help you get further in leagues and end higher in competitions, earning more on the long run.

Offcourse formations, proper teams, and all that matter too. My point is, its an and-and situation, everything has to be set accordingly for overall best performance.

Hope this helps you.