Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Sully
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By Steppenwolf
  • 1 Post By Sully
  • 1 Post By Steppenwolf
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: Not so N00bie questions, please help confirm a few things...

Not so N00bie questions, please help confirm a few things...

Been playing for a few weeks, and always read forums and help sites for tips on playing the game the best I can, so want to confirm a few things...

1. Tanking - Like the idea, but not possible any more! Top Eleven auto assign skill points before each competitive game. Correct?

2. Illegal formations - To get 20% possession, and prey ya lose you game to support tanking, but not possible any more! As there are no illegal formation with a negative "benefit". Just have to setup the team to play badly

3. Free Tokens from Videos and Surveys - Well manged like 4 tokens from videos in 2 weeks which is PANTS (they are never available at this time), and managed 22 tokens from surveys in 2 weeks as I get 5-10 mins into the survey answering like 20 questions for it to say "sorry you don't qualify" must of tried over 15 now, couple each night. So is there a site I should be focusing on, or this is as good as it gets in 2015?

3. Hard vs. Normal Daily Training - Is the benefit of HARD training with potential injuries worth it against NORMAL training and no injuries every day? I have been using a mini version of Power Training, using 22 extra rest packs for an extra 30% for my best first 11 team (I believe at least 3 are fast trainers) twice a week. Too many opinions on the forum so would like a few more please.

4. Watching matches - If I watch a friends match, I get nothing! if I watch my own I get packs if I do certain things, like make a few subs? Does not seem to be documented anywhere that I can find. Please confirm?

5. Fast Trainers - if a fast trainer is on the market, high value cost and say 5k wage. Then a bidding war takes over and the wage is say 10k at finish, does this effect the potential of the high trainer as the ratio of value to salary is altered?

Sorry for all the questions, but need to get a few things lined up. For a n00bie I like the new layout, but seem to be using the PC more, better content and filters etc...

HowieT

Churchtown Chips
    Level 1
    Team value 18.9mill
    Looking forward to play the game proper next season...

@Howard Thornley:

1. Tanking - Like the idea, but not possible any more! Top Eleven auto assign skill points before each competitive game. Correct?

Oh, you can still tank, just use a stupid formation and change your GK to play outfield. On one account, I have the 2nd best team and can easily lose 9-0 to an average team. Just be creative.

2. Illegal formations - To get 20% possession, and prey ya lose you game to support tanking, but not possible any more! As there are no illegal formation with a negative "benefit". Just have to setup the team to play badly

replacing your GK with an outfield player makes a big difference.

3. Free Tokens from Videos and Surveys - Well manged like 4 tokens from videos in 2 weeks which is PANTS (they are never available at this time), and managed 22 tokens from surveys in 2 weeks as I get 5-10 mins into the survey answering like 20 questions for it to say "sorry you don't qualify" must of tried over 15 now, couple each night. So is there a site I should be focusing on, or this is as good as it gets in 2015?

Cant answer as I cant be bothered to do this anymore. There are so many new cat videos what I would rather watch.

3. Hard vs. Normal Daily Training - Is the benefit of HARD training with potential injuries worth it against NORMAL training and no injuries every day? I have been using a mini version of Power Training, using 22 extra rest packs for an extra 30% for my best first 11 team (I believe at least 3 are fast trainers) twice a week. Too many opinions on the forum so would like a few more please.

I only hard train when the condition is above 80%. I find that below 80%, any hard training only increases the chance of injury. and if you tank every second season, you really dont have to powertrain.

4. Watching matches - If I watch a friends match, I get nothing! if I watch my own I get packs if I do certain things, like make a few subs? Does not seem to be documented anywhere that I can find. Please confirm?

You get nothing for watching any match other than your own. you get a red pack for no cards, a green pack for making a sub, and a blue pack for winning, blue pack for watching, and a blue pack if you win by 5 goals. you get an extra skill point for man of the match.

5. Fast Trainers - if a fast trainer is on the market, high value cost and say 5k wage. Then a bidding war takes over and the wage is say 10k at finish, does this effect the potential of the high trainer as the ratio of value to salary is altered?

I think, and someone will correct me if I am wrong, that when bidding on a player, it is only the cost to buy that increases and not the wage. If it is a FREE AGENT, then the wage goes up with the bidding. Usually free agents are near retirement age, so I dont think any of them are fast trainers and their value is what affects training, not wage.

Hope that helps.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Sully

Thanks for all the feedback, I will use the GK approach for tanking and being creative...

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post

I think, and someone will correct me if I am wrong, that when bidding on a player, it is only the cost to buy that increases and not the wage. If it is a FREE AGENT, then the wage goes up with the bidding. Usually free agents are near retirement age, so I dont think any of them are fast trainers and their value is what affects training, not wage.
    Hope that helps.
    I am only level 1 so some (not many as most are PANTS, picked up 3 in 1 season) FREE AGENTS hit the auctions ages 18 / 3 star (14) / 1.3 MILL / 2.4k wage. Sometimes a bidding war rockets the wage to say 4k or even 5k. Which was why I asked the question will the high wage start to effect the ability of fast trainer.

HowieT

Churchtown Chips
    Level 1
    Team value 18.9mill
    Looking forward to play the game proper next season...

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    @Sully is right for tanking.
    about vids, it's not the same for every country
    about fast trainers, in a bidding, only the Value (not the wage) of the player is changing and this is not perm. , it's just because of the bidding.

* same for the free agents. Free agents can be also young and sometimes can be fast trainers but they are only 3* so it's useless . Better to sell them and get the money (except if you're tanking so they can be later 5* players).
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 02-02-2015 at 06:13 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Niko

Thanks for that...

Playing a match against friends vs just training - Which gives the better output for skill points against condition?

VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Thornley View Post
    Niko

Thanks for that...

Playing a match against friends vs just training - Which gives the better output for skill points against condition?
    It's the same... it's always around 10% skill progress in exchange for 3% condition... You might play friendlies to farm boosters, but injury ratio is too high comparing to what you get...
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    It's the same... it's always around 10% skill progress in exchange for 3% condition... You might play friendlies to farm boosters, but injury ratio is too high comparing to what you get...
    No, it is not the same. In my dealings, friendlies make less skill point progress than training and actual games.

Again, someone with more info will correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know in my 17 seasons, friendlies are really only good for gaining blue packs, green packs and the rare red pack....and money. I had to do many friendlies when I was tanking to build up the money to finish my stadium. It pays off to do that because you get a ton of blue packs and money. I was making approx $2-5M per friendly depending on the level of the opponent, and now I get almost $18M per real game for the season because I have a maxed out stadium. So to recap: friendlies when tanking, training during normal season.

my advice:

get up in the morning and check out what time your game is. find out how many 3 hour blocks before the game and train accordingly. IF you have 3 blocks or 9 hours before your game, that is 15%, so you can train your guys down to 84% or lower.

I like having more than 20%, because I can go hard practice match and that brings me from 99% to approx 80%, then I just finish them off with a normal stretching.

After the game, hard practice match for the reserves/spares and normal practice match for first team, then hard cardio and hard stretching for all, but only if there is appropriate time until the next game. OR, you can do a friendly with someone and use your spares/reserves and give them some skill points, but from my experience, training gives you more skill points.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

VIP
    Trust me, it IS the same... In official games you get 70% average skill progress for 21% average condition loss... In friendly games you get half of it for half condition loss (two friendly games = one official game = 7 stretchings = two training matches & one stretching)
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I agree with Step. The gaining "profit" it's about the same.
    In high levels, friendly games give a good income (suppose the players have some extra reds for the injuries).
    But if you have only 2-3 fast trainers, it's better to train them individually (and maybe avoid to use them often in the games) because an injury is possible also in the friendlies and the team is getting tired.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 02-03-2015 at 03:18 PM.
    Steppenwolf and Cat Harrison like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Already great answers, but here's my opinion

1. Tanking - I put an ST in goal and nothing in ST slot.. haven't won with that yet.

2. Illegal formations - Yes many previously 20% formation now have more, since it appears they are adding up something for each guy out of position.

3. Free Tokens from Videos and Surveys - I watch videos. I don't qualify for surveys but once in every other blue moon. Occasionally I will do an offer if something I would buy anyway is available with bonus tokens.

3. Hard vs. Normal Daily Training - After you have had your players awhile (if you keep notes) you may notice they have a favorite style/intensity where they gain best.

4. Watching matches -From the official http://www.topeleven.com/support/how-to-play/:

"These are the requirements and the respective rewards from Live Matches:

- Winning a match (even if you didn’t watch it) -1 morale booster
    - Watching a Live Match -1 morale booster
    - Winning with a goal difference of 5 or more -1 morale booster (except friendlies)
    - Watching a live match in which your team didn’t receive any red or yellow cards -1 treatment
    - Performing a substitution during the match -1 rest "

5. Fast Trainers - I never pay attention to that ratio thing. If the player is a fast trainer he will only slow as he ages or gains stars.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]