Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with the game? Player quality going down like mad

Pro

What is going on with the game? Player quality going down like mad

Good day,

I was number 2 in the competition before the update. Then a stroke of bad luck hit me like a truck going 200 miles per hour. I was loosing games where I had 25 shots and 11 on goal and didn't score, while the advisary had 9 shots and 3 on goal and he won 2:0. I was ok, that happens. Since the update I have won like 3 games, tied 3 and lost 6-7. Almost every game I dominated by 10 to 40%. I couldn't believe what was happening. What happened though was that my all my players from midfield to strikers went from solid 8's to 4-5 players. The statistic would look like this 7-8-7-8-9-5-4-6-5-4-4. And that didn't happen to one player, no it happened to 8 players from my team. What kind of nonsense is that?

I dropped from place 2 to 7. The game that I lost and dropped me to place 7 was again a game where I was stronger, more shots on goal, his goalie made 7 saves, I was already going 9 shots and 3 on goal and his first attack/shot is of course a goal. My stamina and morale was max. My bonus was max. I was attending and had 60% possession, etc... This was against the number 13. So for the last game of the season I thought, screw it, I don't want to promote. I put up all my replacements, removed the bonus, didn not increase the morale nor the stamina. So I had players with 50% morale and went up against the number 2 of the competition. This player had the same formation as the number 13 and guess what. I lost this game only with 1:0. This is just ridiculous. I should have lost this game 10:0 or something.

I guess I have to thank my defense for that since they keep performing well (7 to 8 on average) but overall I have 73 quality strikers in the 65-69 class that cannot score goals against 3 or 4 star defenders. Am I the only one experiencing this. I have never seen 8 players get out of shape like this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    The home and away makes a difference, last season I got a draw only at a weak team, then trounced him at home.

You are not the only one who said their players slumped after updating, so I dunno. I was thinking those teams that were holding a lot of points and had them auto assigned might change how they play, and maybe not all for better. But managers that don't save any SK have said similar to you experience, too.

Also I had a couple players slump the end of the last Season but that's pretty average.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pro
    I didn't save any points but I am somebody who invest in attack on midfield to strikers and defense on defenders. All attackers have terrible scores but the defenders still perform well so that can't be it. I think that my whole midfield/AML/AMR/strikers dropped about 1,5-2 points on average. And it was for all of them except for the few matches where I won but my strikers still only scored 6's there while they scored 1 or 2 times. My goalie also dropped like mad and scored 4's even with 5 saves. All my substitutes didn't perform well either. To bad I can't see that last game anymore.

My first cup match against a stronger opponent was mediocre again. My AML 4, 1 striker 5 and all others 6, except for 3 defenders 7. For me this is uncanny. Haven't had scores like that in the 8 seasons before that ever.

Dreamer
    Any player should not be on the pitch if he got form 4 or lower in the previous game. Even if you replace it with an out-of-position player you'd better off.

With slump this severe you should sell the player, or put him on the bench and play only friendly to see if he recovered.

If many players are failing try to replace your captain. I recommend constant performer with high creativity stat, aging players are usually better.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    Good day,

I was number 2 in the competition before the update. Then a stroke of bad luck hit me like a truck going 200 miles per hour. I was loosing games where I had 25 shots and 11 on goal and didn't score, while the advisary had 9 shots and 3 on goal and he won 2:0. I was ok, that happens. Since the update I have won like 3 games, tied 3 and lost 6-7. Almost every game I dominated by 10 to 40%. I couldn't believe what was happening. What happened though was that my all my players from midfield to strikers went from solid 8's to 4-5 players. The statistic would look like this 7-8-7-8-9-5-4-6-5-4-4. And that didn't happen to one player, no it happened to 8 players from my team. What kind of nonsense is that?

I dropped from place 2 to 7. The game that I lost and dropped me to place 7 was again a game where I was stronger, more shots on goal, his goalie made 7 saves, I was already going 9 shots and 3 on goal and his first attack/shot is of course a goal. My stamina and morale was max. My bonus was max. I was attending and had 60% possession, etc... This was against the number 13. So for the last game of the season I thought, screw it, I don't want to promote. I put up all my replacements, removed the bonus, didn not increase the morale nor the stamina. So I had players with 50% morale and went up against the number 2 of the competition. This player had the same formation as the number 13 and guess what. I lost this game only with 1:0. This is just ridiculous. I should have lost this game 10:0 or something.

I guess I have to thank my defense for that since they keep performing well (7 to 8 on average) but overall I have 73 quality strikers in the 65-69 class that cannot score goals against 3 or 4 star defenders. Am I the only one experiencing this. I have never seen 8 players get out of shape like this.
    Me too. Exact same problem. In fact I'm glad it's not just me.

I was Top of the table and unbeaten when the new update arrived. I finished 5th and lost 8 games out of the last 13, including a 4-1 loss to the team second bottom who had only 2 wins all season. My central midfielders all went from 7/8 ratings to 4/5 ratings. What's more, I've bought FOUR replacement CM's, all of 5 stars, 2 of which were £104m (which seems to be the top price for my level) and all are absolute gash.

WTF is going on?!

Nothing I can do solves the problem.

Same here for last season... out of the blue, from 1st place to 5th... no winning for 6 games in a row including 4 loses, draw (0-0) with a team placed on the #13 place after shooting 24 times and 11 on target, it was unbelievable, I had 5 free kicks that the goalkeeper saved, 1 double corner with no goal and another corner with head and no goal as well.
    5 players that had average of 7-8 every game got 4-5 and my top scorer scored 2 goals in 7 matches...

"good" to know that it is not only me.

I sold most of my team and hope it will "solve the problem".

I was wondering about the bad form of my Dumagueteños. I was leading the league comfortably, but suddenly (after update of course) started to loose games in the league. One of the few games we won was a crazy game against the eventual winner, Aura FC. Won 4-3 and their star missed a penalty, they were better in all aspects. After that we went of with our loosing streak and came 2nd.

Thanks to not attending we manage to win the Champions league semi- and final. My theory was that I voted No I dont like it and posted about it. After that everything deteriorated...

But could have been the update itself, logging into the 2015 app caused al lot of weird things happening with my players, lost form, deciding to retire all of a sudden, didnt respect their contracts etc...

Yeah, should have sold the players instead of renewing their contracts...

Hmm. I just rolled right along after the update. I had maybe one player finish a game with less than a 6 and my starters averaged over a 7 consistently.

My STs were the best performers on the team. Averaged a little over an 8.

I rebuilt half my team at the start of the season and crushed a team two levels above me in the cup. 72% poss on the road for a 4-0 win. The second leg is about an hour away.

Pro
    I just bought some replacements and the first scores are 2 six's. It is madness to sell quality 73 players when you are in the 65-69 league if you ask me but it looks like I am forced to do so. I am close to saying goodbye to this game as this is ridiculous. I thought I had just bad luck but 9 players now that score below average is just pfffff, I don't know. Selling a complete team that was performing outstanding is not what this game was about.

@Amane: I put every replacement in I had and they scored as equally bad. My topscore with these players and the replacements have been a few 6's and 1 or 2 7's.
    Last edited by Killroy; 02-09-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast