Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Amane Ito View Post
    Isn't real sports teams tank to get a better draft?

If spurs didn't drafted tim on the first pick (because of an abnormally bad season) they won't have won so many NBA titles, is that cheating?
    the problem with that is that it is never official. they realize that the season is lost and they try to position themselves with more 1st round pick chances by coming in last. It is a great strategy but again, not official.

This is a crappy online football game, so there is no honor and no sportsmanship. I have 5 accounts and will support everyone all the time and when in the same league, I tank games so one of them can win the league. Who the hell cares? As long as I win, everyone can go screw themselves and cry to their moms.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    well you are wrong yet again - this is a right or wrong issue. Tanking is a strategy, just as buying tokens is. But if you want to call tanking cheating then buying tokens is cheating. They are both strategies to win. Whether you win or lose or buy tokens or not, everything you do in this game is for the sole purpose of winning. Some have to buy tokens to win, others have to lose to win.

How you cant understand that is beyond me.

And the audacity of you, saying I have to learn to be objective, when you cant be objective to save your life.
    So tanking is a strategy....? I dont care whether it's a crappy FB gemme, or the best football sim of all time, or any 'gemme', for that matter....You play to 'win'....and in some cases, a draw, but never to lose. Tanking is not a strategy, it's cheating, and it's done, not to be 'competitive', as you said, but to win everything, every 3/4 seasons. Although you can be competitive every season. You dont think your're gonna win the league, then you play for top 4 and CL qualification, cant do that then you try to get top 7 and promotion.

Tankers dont want that though, right? There's no fun unless you win everything and easily. So it becomes a cop out, a wimp out, you lose, on purpose, for 1/2 seasons, to gain an advantage into a weaker league/CL/cup, and then pump in the skill points you've been hoarding, and whoa, now your a super team in that league/level....Mebbies that's one of the reasons skill points are assigned automatically on the mobile app now, plus nor-dues dont make any money from tankers....?

You said everything you do in this gemme is for the sole purpose of winning. As it should be, you play to win, in any gemme. Your statement about some people have to 'lose to win'....really, make some sense out of that. I like to try and win every season, and i think i've been pretty successful, without buying tokens or cheating(tanking).

You also mentioned that you tank gemmes so your other teams can win, and in practically the same sentence, you said, that 'as long I win, I don't care how, and people can go greeting to their moms'....I understand they are all your own teams, but it seems to me that you are doing more 'losing' than winning....in the big picture....

But if that's how you want to play the gemme, so be it....as long as you're having fun, right....'cause that's all this is, a bit of fun, from a really random, 2 bit gemme....

It's beyond me how you cant understand, losing on purpose, for a short future advantage, is a form of cheating, or a wimp out....
    Last edited by mojo121; 03-29-2015 at 11:57 PM.
    Season 21
    League winners: Season 2,3,4,5,7,8,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19
    League runner-up: Season 6,9,10,
    Season 13-5th!, 20-4th!
    Champions league: Season 3-3rd,4-3rd,12-1st,14-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd,17-1st,19-3rd,20-2nd
    Cup: Season 6-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd

Quote Originally Posted by mojo121 View Post
    So tanking is a strategy....? I dont care whether it's a crappy FB gemme, or the best football sim of all time, or any 'gemme', for that matter....You play to 'win'....and in some cases, a draw, but never to lose. Tanking is not a strategy, it's cheating, and it's done, not to be 'competitive', as you said, but to win everything, every 3/4 seasons. Although you can be competitive every season. You dont think your're gonna win the league, then you play for top 4 and CL qualification, cant do that then you try to get top 7 and promotion.

Tankers dont want that though, right? There's no fun unless you win everything and easily. So it becomes a cop out, a wimp out, you lose, on purpose, for 1/2 seasons, to gain an advantage into a weaker league/CL/cup, and then pump in the skill points you've been hoarding, and whoa, now your a super team in that league/level....Mebbies that's one of the reasons skill points are assigned automatically on the mobile app now, plus nor-dues dont make any money from tankers....?

You said everything you do in this gemme is for the sole purpose of winning. As it should be, you play to win, in any gemme. Your statement about some people have to 'lose to win'....really, make some sense out of that. I like to try and win every season, and i think i've been pretty successful, without buying tokens or cheating(tanking).

You also mentioned that you tank gemmes so your other teams can win, and in practically the same sentence, you said, that 'as long I win, I don't care how, and people can go greeting to their moms'....I understand they are all your own teams, but it seems to me that you are doing more 'losing' than winning....in the big picture....

But if that's how you want to play the gemme, so be it....as long as you're having fun, right....'cause that's all this is, a bit of fun, from a really random, 2 bit gemme....

It's beyond me how you cant understand, losing on purpose, for a short future advantage, is a form of cheating, or a wimp out....
    wow, dude, you really are a few cards short of a deck.

tanking is a strategy. How hard is that to comprehend? You do it to make your team better next season and build up skill points to give your guys more positions/SA. How is that NOT a strategy?

And who is to say that tanking cannot be fun. sure you dont win the game but thinking ahead to the future knowing you will have a team full of scouts for next season...thats worth waiting for since I dont buy tokens and want to compete with the token buyers in my league.

more losing than winning? dude, again, you are not using the grey matter. I win more than I lose since when I tank, I still win games, and when I dont tank, I win the league with hardly a loss.

I cant help you if you want to remain ignorant about tanking, there are many now who do it because the benefits are there for everyone to see. I may not have a team full of 7-8-9* players, but I can honestly say I did not buy tokens to have my team full of scouts and they usually go to 7* if I can train properly and choose good players to buy.

Not only that, tanking makes it so much easier to stock up tokens and to buy players, because I buy players during a tanking season knowing they will not lose a * and I can buy anytime in the season and not at the start when you really need them to stay in the Cup/CL

Dude, you are just so out of it when it comes to knowledge about tanking. Sucks to be you I guess.

OK, i'm at level 15 and maybe 8 games ago my team just could not win.
    I came across this thread and decided to tank, putting players in wrong positions, playing weaker players etc but now i cant lose hahahhaha.
    Even my goalkeeper who i put in defence today was rated star man ! Looks like the tanking was no good as i still get promoted on goal difference.
    I'm just thinking there is no rhyme or reason to this game !!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345