Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Tanking

Dreamer
    When I was level 16 I pretty much had no motivation to play the game. What I did was login only once each day, and TOTALLY NOT USING ANY TOKEN. My self-imposed limit was so complete that at one time my team only had one foreign player, everyone else was spawned from my academy.

My money grow to 2.1b max in less than 3 seasons once I sold out all but one of my foreign players, and the max cash stayed there for many seasons to come. I wish I could buy something without using token, there is none so I end up paying max bonus to the players in every game. Still, it just won't drop, as youths are very cheap to use and I have to sell 2 players per season due to new academy spawns.

From there I learned many things by playing a low quality team. With 5~15q deficit for nearly every game, I perfected my tactics and managed to level up once every 2 seasons.

Despite being a 35-token player with no farming, eventually I have enough tokens and money to buy a whole team of scouts. But what did I do?

I bought 5 players for 5 tokens and proceed to win the league with it.
    There is nothing more satisfying than consistantly beating teams full of 5* and a few scouts using mostly 4* players.

Now I don't buy scouts like I once had, it will spoil my fun
    cookizzz and Spyros like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    no, buying tokens to better your team is for losers and cheats. If you cant do it with the daily tokens and ads, then you are a cheat and a loser, not necessarily in that order. Any other way is just ingenuity and smart thinking.

how else do you suggest that one competes in a game where spending money gives you a better team? If I can find a way to have a better team without spending money, how is that cheating? we are not manipulating the game or how it works. We are not using external applications to change things. We are just losing on purpose to stay on the same level and build the team over 2-3 years. People who buy tokens can do that instantly, so I repeat, how is tanking considered cheating?

And I do have to admit that cheaters are losers, but losers are not necessarily cheaters.

And believe me, I do enjoy the game much more when I have a great team ready to compete. Sure, we all love to cheer for the underdog, but who wants to always be the underdog?

and I just love your nonsense example with golf. Golf is a real game where there are rules and everyone knows them and they all know how to play the game. T11, is not like golf. Sure you have rules, but they dont explain the game and its rules to the point where everyone knows what is what. Nobody is "chopping strokes" as you say. They are purposly shanking and missing putts so they dont get promoted. Consider it "practice"...we prefer to stay on the course and get better at it before we win it.

I still cant believe there are people out there bitching about tanking. It is a fair thing to do. Some call it unsportsman-like, but then again, so it buying tokens and using them to make your players better.

So just leave tankers alone and take your own advice: enjoy the game FFS

I have never tanked. I don't buy tokens, never spent a penny on this game. Take it season to season, using the daily tokens and ads, and seem to be pretty successful. I don't need 2-3 seasons to 'rebuild'!

Plus I didn't say this game is like golf. I used golf because when you cheat in golf you're just cheating yourself....and if you're going to tank and win the league every 3 seasons because you 'cheated' your way into an inferior league, then you're cheating yoursel also....
    Season 21
    League winners: Season 2,3,4,5,7,8,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19
    League runner-up: Season 6,9,10,
    Season 13-5th!, 20-4th!
    Champions league: Season 3-3rd,4-3rd,12-1st,14-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd,17-1st,19-3rd,20-2nd
    Cup: Season 6-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    using the daily tokens and ads
    how many T and boosters are you farming every season ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Not that many to be honest....I don't get caught up in bidding wars, I don't have a high turn over of players, and usually the boosters I get normally are enough, if anything I probably farm the injury boosters more than the others, and that's still no that much. I don't power train. Right now I have 53 tokens, none of which have been farmed....
    Season 21
    Season 13-5th!, 20-4th!
    Champions league: Season 3-3rd,4-3rd,12-1st,14-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd,17-1st,19-3rd,20-2nd

Quote Originally Posted by mojo121 View Post
    I have never tanked. I don't buy tokens, never spent a penny on this game. Take it season to season, using the daily tokens and ads, and seem to be pretty successful. I don't need 2-3 seasons to 'rebuild'!

Plus I didn't say this game is like golf. I used golf because when you cheat in golf you're just cheating yourself....and if you're going to tank and win the league every 3 seasons because you 'cheated' your way into an inferior league, then you're cheating yoursel also....
    you focused on the most non-important point: golf, and neglected to really address the main point which was that tanking is NOT cheating, unless you also agree that using tokens to increase the quality of your team is also cheating. But even if you tank, it is not cheating, no matter what, simply because you are choosing not to progress to the next level. It may be viewed as unsportsmanlike, but it is 100% not cheating. Using tokens, on the other hand, to increase skills is 100% cheating. It is giving an advantage that the majority do not choose to use because it uses real money in a free game.

How you can fail to address this is just proof that you have no clue what tanking is and what its purpose is.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    Tanking is strategy which managers use to avoid promotion in order to strenghten their team for next season on same level. They put illegal formation and players on wrong position (red triangle).
    Yeah this is really annoying and basically cheating booo

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    you focused on the most non-important point: golf, and neglected to really address the main point which was that tanking is NOT cheating, unless you also agree that using tokens to increase the quality of your team is also cheating. But even if you tank, it is not cheating, no matter what, simply because you are choosing not to progress to the next level. It may be viewed as unsportsmanlike, but it is 100% not cheating. Using tokens, on the other hand, to increase skills is 100% cheating. It is giving an advantage that the majority do not choose to use because it uses real money in a free game.

How you can fail to address this is just proof that you have no clue what tanking is and what its purpose is.

Using Tokens is part of the game. that's what they are there for. Whether you choose to buy them (which I dont) or use the ones you are given, also watching videos or downloading apps, this are all legit....Tanking however, is purposely losing to gain an advantage, which I would consider, a form of cheating. I don't want to compare this game to real football, because most of the time it doesn't compare, but a lot of people make the comparison, and so taking that into account, how many managers, in the real world, deliberately lose....?
    And as I said before, where's the fun and fulfillment in purposely losing for a season or 2, just so you may win 3 seasons later, in an inferior league....Face it Bubba, it's a form of cheating....!
    Season 21
    Season 13-5th!, 20-4th!

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I think that as everybody has a personal style of playing the game, has a personal view about such things.

But when I see some cases, I just call it ridiculous - like last seasons league of a friend of mine

Tanking-smith-5-teams.jpg

it's Lee, Mark, David, John and Paul Smith, all from London England

is it the Matrix on t11 ?

Tanking-matrix-agent-smith-clones.jpg

no, it's only The Smiths (like the Kellogs ).
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 03-12-2015 at 05:17 PM.
    Buffs Mad, Cat Harrison and khris like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

(Lol Nick - beats my experience of 1 guy in my CL with 4 teams with Manager names starting Stuart X, Stewart X, Stu X and Stuie X....all from Dundee )

Tanking isn't cheating or exploiting....its an intended feature. Changes to things that affect it are not to stop it - they call it balancing >.< f2p games developers now that an important aspect alongside cash spend is population - the bigger f2p players swell the population the more competitive the environment for friends of Shirley B.

In f2p games in general you have time and money and folks find their own balance.

Unless you actually think that shiny trophies in the game actually mean something beyond an entertaining foot-note.

The only caution against ppl spending cash on too many T is that most then end up quitting. #harpooned

Famous
    I don't understand the problem with tankers and token buyers.

Without tanking, it detracts from the game play experience of a large percentage of the player pool. Smaller player pool equals less players that can influence other people to play. Tanking also allows managers to step away from the game for a couple/few months and come back with what should be a competitive team for 2/3 seasons.

Without token buyers, there is no game.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast