Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Tanking

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    One of the things I do like about this game is the many ways people can decide to play it.
    t11_fan, cookizzz and khris like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by mojo121 View Post
    Using Tokens is part of the game. that's what they are there for. Whether you choose to buy them (which I dont) or use the ones you are given, also watching videos or downloading apps, this are all legit....Tanking however, is purposely losing to gain an advantage, which I would consider, a form of cheating. I don't want to compare this game to real football, because most of the time it doesn't compare, but a lot of people make the comparison, and so taking that into account, how many managers, in the real world, deliberately lose....?
    And as I said before, where's the fun and fulfillment in purposely losing for a season or 2, just so you may win 3 seasons later, in an inferior league....Face it Bubba, it's a form of cheating....!
    sure using tokens is part of the game for both those who can afford it and those who want to cheat. Plain and simple. using money to make your team better when the majority dont do it.

Tanking is def not cheating and anyone who thinks it is is an ignorant fool. Tanking is a strategy. And there you go comparing it to real life, when this is simply a game. not many managers purposely lose, but then, they have a real team with real people and they wont purposely lose unless they are bent and are told to lose to win money. T11 managers, on the other hand, are put at a disadvantage because their players lose a star each time they are promoted, forcing one to either spend tokens to increase quality or play with what you got, which may or may not be competitive, depending on the league.

IF someone wants to purposely lose so they can build their team into something competitive, how is that cheating? This is a game and it is a strategy. I dont want to spend money on tokens and I dont farm tokens or packs. So I either tank or sit bottom or middle of the pack with an ever decreasing quality team.

and the fun and fulfillment in purposely losing is knowing that next season you will have a much better team as well as a crapload more reds/blues/greens and tokens because they were not needed. It is a team building strategy that does not use real money. How hard is that to comprehend? Obviously you disagree, but I cant help it if you choose to ignore the obvious facts on the matter.

Face it Bubba, its NOT cheating. ....!

Rookie
    Sully, you are 100% right about tanking, I completely agree with you on that. It's not cheating at all, it's a fine strategy that some managers choose to play with. From my second team, I remember back in level 2 or 3, I saw a guy who has a different strategy. At the season start, he brought in like all the scout players. At the end of the season, he only kept 15 of them and sold the rest, then bought 7 players with 3*. By doing so, he knocked his team rating down as low as possible. He has done it repeatedly season to season, he blowed out his opponents, took home all the trophies. I was one of his victims. hahaha.

My strategy is half the same like him; actually, I must admit I copied half of his strategy. I buy young players from bidding war, train them and let them sit there at 1 SP away from 6* player, them tank the rest for next season. Back then, I could tank over 2K skill points for each season. Soon the season end, I keep 15 key players then sell the rest and buy in 7 players with the lowest rate from the market. This is an only way that I can compete in Cup and stay a head in the game. Even with my good strategy, until this day, I still lose from left to right in this Cup tournament.

As you can see from the screenshot below, my current team Barca FC have to face this guy from level 18 in Cup. As the schedule released, his team rating was 97.8, he brought in 3-4 world class players (to me, those players are world class because I am only level 16, but to him, they are just a 5* players)...his team rating went up to 101. As soon I saw he has added those players into his roster, I trained my players to get the higher rating with green pack since I can't tank any more. Some how, I managed to beat him at home 4-0. Today, when I checked his squads, he again bought in 3 more 7* defense players. Now, I have to train my players even hard to match with his players. Amazingly, if he updates his team, I will easily see his team rating at 108 or 109.

Any way, do you see the point here? Planning and strategy are part of the game if you want real competition. Every body has his/her point of view, but tanking is NOT cheating at all. PERIOD!!!
    Sully likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    sure using tokens is part of the game for both those who can afford it and those who want to cheat. Plain and simple. using money to make your team better when the majority dont do it.

Tanking is def not cheating and anyone who thinks it is is an ignorant fool. Tanking is a strategy. And there you go comparing it to real life, when this is simply a game. not many managers purposely lose, but then, they have a real team with real people and they wont purposely lose unless they are bent and are told to lose to win money. T11 managers, on the other hand, are put at a disadvantage because their players lose a star each time they are promoted, forcing one to either spend tokens to increase quality or play with what you got, which may or may not be competitive, depending on the league.

IF someone wants to purposely lose so they can build their team into something competitive, how is that cheating? This is a game and it is a strategy. I dont want to spend money on tokens and I dont farm tokens or packs. So I either tank or sit bottom or middle of the pack with an ever decreasing quality team.

and the fun and fulfillment in purposely losing is knowing that next season you will have a much better team as well as a crapload more reds/blues/greens and tokens because they were not needed. It is a team building strategy that does not use real money. How hard is that to comprehend? Obviously you disagree, but I cant help it if you choose to ignore the obvious facts on the matter.

Face it Bubba, its NOT cheating. ....!
    Well I guess the balance is pretty close, people who think its ok and people who dont. Personally, I think its a form of cheating. Thats my personal opinion, and the opinion of many others. But as I say, many people think it's not, so mebbies this is a situation we can agree to disagree....
    But it's not cheating to buy tokens if you want, just because there are fools in the world who want to throw there money away, doesnt make it cheating. I mean you cant say Man U are cheating because they have more money than, say, West ham, and like to throw is away on idiots.

I guess if you buy correctly, look for the right players, yes there is always some duds, but more often than not, if you're smart in the transfer market, you can find good players that play well for many seasons. I have never been out of the top 2 positions in the league at the end of the season, so always being competitive. The CL and Cup i shrug my shoulders, especially the cup, even if you do have a far superior team, it's still a lottery most of the time. Anyhoo the league is the most important to win.

So it is possible to be competitive 'every' season, without tanking or buying tokens....but I guess 'horses for courses'....right?
    Season 21
    League winners: Season 2,3,4,5,7,8,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19
    League runner-up: Season 6,9,10,
    Season 13-5th!, 20-4th!
    Champions league: Season 3-3rd,4-3rd,12-1st,14-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd,17-1st,19-3rd,20-2nd
    Cup: Season 6-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd

Apprentice
    It amazes me that people that think delibrately losing is cheating . The way the game is set-up means long term you cant compete against token buyers. So you have to use strategy . Hell i had to lose 3 season to get to be competitive.
    no info for you my watchers :P

Well I guess the balance is pretty close, people who think its ok and people who dont. Personally, I think its a form of cheating. Thats my personal opinion, and the opinion of many others. But as I say, many people think it's not, so mebbies this is a situation we can agree to disagree....
    But it's not cheating to buy tokens if you want, just because there are fools in the world who want to throw there money away, doesnt make it cheating. I mean you cant say Man U are cheating because they have more money than, say, West ham, and like to throw is away on idiots.

I guess if you buy correctly, look for the right players, yes there is always some duds, but more often than not, if you're smart in the transfer market, you can find good players that play well for many seasons. I have never been out of the top 2 positions in the league at the end of the season, so always being competitive. The CL and Cup i shrug my shoulders, especially the cup, even if you do have a far superior team, it's still a lottery most of the time. Anyhoo the league is the most important to win.

So it is possible to be competitive 'every' season, without tanking or buying tokens....but I guess 'horses for courses'....right?
    so its not cheating to buy tokens because they are just throwing their money away, but for tankers, they are cheating because they are throwing their time away?

stop comparing it to real life with ManU and West Ham, since they all spend money regardless of their finances, while the majority of players in this game dont spend any money. In order for your example to be correct, you would have to mention ManU and a rec league team that plays for free. and that never happens...ever, so your point is invalid.

and while tanking is cheating being your personal opinion, it is hardly the opinion of many others. It is the opinion of a few people, frankly because it is not cheating. but you can make up any numbers you want to when you live in a fantasy land.

I have been on this forum for over 2 years and the majority know it is not cheating. But whatever makes you sleep better at night I guess.

Simply put: tanking is NOT cheating. you are wrong. no need to agree to disagree.

Tanking is difficult not cheating and anyone who thinks it is is an ignorant fool. Tanking is a strategy. And there you go comparing it to real life, when this is simply a game.
    Last edited by stevewilliams; 03-28-2015 at 03:54 AM.
    Sully likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    so its not cheating to buy tokens because they are just throwing their money away, but for tankers, they are cheating because they are throwing their time away?

stop comparing it to real life with ManU and West Ham, since they all spend money regardless of their finances, while the majority of players in this game dont spend any money. In order for your example to be correct, you would have to mention ManU and a rec league team that plays for free. and that never happens...ever, so your point is invalid.

and while tanking is cheating being your personal opinion, it is hardly the opinion of many others. It is the opinion of a few people, frankly because it is not cheating. but you can make up any numbers you want to when you live in a fantasy land.

I have been on this forum for over 2 years and the majority know it is not cheating. But whatever makes you sleep better at night I guess.

Simply put: tanking is NOT cheating. you are wrong. no need to agree to disagree.

I never made a comparison to throwing money away and throwing time away. If you want to buy tokens, that's your issue, if you have the money to waste, it's NOT cheating, losing on purpose IS cheating. Mebbies it's all in the character of the person, personally I cant bring myself to lose on purpose, eternal optimist perhaps, or mebbies that it IS just a gemme and I dont put thought into it. Win = great, lose = oh well, it's just a dumbass FB gemme. But still, it's fun....

Plus I'm not wrong, this isn't a right or wrong issue, it's opinions, my opinon is that's it's a form of cheating, your opinion is, that it's not....opinions, learn to be objective....
    Last edited by mojo121; 03-19-2015 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Typo
    Season 21
    League winners: Season 2,3,4,5,7,8,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19
    League runner-up: Season 6,9,10,
    Season 13-5th!, 20-4th!
    Champions league: Season 3-3rd,4-3rd,12-1st,14-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd,17-1st,19-3rd,20-2nd
    Cup: Season 6-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd

Dreamer
    Isn't real sports teams tank to get a better draft?

If spurs didn't drafted tim on the first pick (because of an abnormally bad season) they won't have won so many NBA titles, is that cheating?

I never made a comparison to throwing money away and throwing time away. If you want to buy tokens, that's your issue, if you have the money to waste, it's NOT cheating, losing on purpose IS cheating. Mebbies it's all in the character of the person, personally I cant bring myself to lose on purpose, eternal optimist perhaps, or mebbies that it IS just a gemme and I dont put thought into it. Win = great, lose = oh well, it's just a dumbass FB gemme. But still, it's fun....

Plus I'm not wrong, this isn't a right or wrong issue, it's opinions, my opinon is that's it's a form of cheating, your opinion is, that it's not....opinions, learn to be objective....
    well you are wrong yet again - this is a right or wrong issue. Tanking is a strategy, just as buying tokens is. But if you want to call tanking cheating then buying tokens is cheating. They are both strategies to win. Whether you win or lose or buy tokens or not, everything you do in this game is for the sole purpose of winning. Some have to buy tokens to win, others have to lose to win.

How you cant understand that is beyond me.

And the audacity of you, saying I have to learn to be objective, when you cant be objective to save your life.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast