Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Tanking

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    Tanking is strategy which managers use to avoid promotion in order to strenghten their team for next season on same level. They put illegal formation and players on wrong position (red triangle).
    not entirely true. your first sentence is true, but you dont have to play illegal formations to lose. It helps, but really, you can swap an ST with your GK and that helps even more than an illegal formation.
    Cat Harrison, khris and Kylos like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo de Clemente View Post
    Hi, a tanked season is always a failure and a waste of time,don't forget it.

I'd never arrange a whole season to arrive at 8 or lower positions.....
    Well then that is the difference between me and you. You see, I tank every second season and I now have 14 scouts(6*) and 1 world class(7*) in my team of 22 players, the rest are 5*

It may be considered a waste of time, but if you think of it as a team building venture, it is totally worth it. It wont guarantee I will win the next season at all, but it gives me a hell of an excellent chance considering I will be put in a weaker league because I finished the season is such a low position.

Tank and be proud of it.

Famous
    It's fine if it is fair for other managers in your league. Maybe using a consistent (and weak) formation, not applying skill points, or at least consistently ignoring your team.

Rookie
    Tanking is for losers and cheats....The one thing I hate about online gaming is people finding ways to cheat. I mean c'mon....for what? Oh yeah, look at me, I won the league....although i cheated, and what do i get for it....hhmmm, nothing!!

It's like cheating with your handicap in golf. it doesn't make you a better player to chop strokes, at the end of the day you're still a duffer....just enjoy the game FFS....
    Fail G and José Rose like this.
    Season 21
    League winners: Season 2,3,4,5,7,8,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19
    League runner-up: Season 6,9,10,
    Season 13-5th!, 20-4th!
    Champions league: Season 3-3rd,4-3rd,12-1st,14-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd,17-1st,19-3rd,20-2nd
    Cup: Season 6-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd

Addicted
    There are different forms of tanking. One way is to deceive T11 in to thinking you have a poor team and get into a league where you can win. The other,which I have employed, is to get promoted and then not improve your team for a couple of seasons. The reason I did that was because I did not have the tokens or money to improve my team. I spent a couple of seasons resting on my laurels until my money and tokens were sufficient to build a new team to be competitive. Is that tanking?
    t11_fan, Timmy Tee and Sully like this.

Dreamer
    Is it tanking or a consolidation season?

It has happened to me, I have missed out on promotion in a very tight league on the last day. After kicking furniture and swearing at the the cat, I take a look at my opposition the next season and cruise to victory.

I've not deliberately thrown a match (yet), but there's a lot to be said for staying down for a season.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo121 View Post
    Tanking is for losers and cheats....The one thing I hate about online gaming is people finding ways to cheat. I mean c'mon....for what? Oh yeah, look at me, I won the league....although i cheated, and what do i get for it....hhmmm, nothing!!

It's like cheating with your handicap in golf. it doesn't make you a better player to chop strokes, at the end of the day you're still a duffer....just enjoy the game FFS....
    no, buying tokens to better your team is for losers and cheats. If you cant do it with the daily tokens and ads, then you are a cheat and a loser, not necessarily in that order. Any other way is just ingenuity and smart thinking.

how else do you suggest that one competes in a game where spending money gives you a better team? If I can find a way to have a better team without spending money, how is that cheating? we are not manipulating the game or how it works. We are not using external applications to change things. We are just losing on purpose to stay on the same level and build the team over 2-3 years. People who buy tokens can do that instantly, so I repeat, how is tanking considered cheating?

And I do have to admit that cheaters are losers, but losers are not necessarily cheaters.

And believe me, I do enjoy the game much more when I have a great team ready to compete. Sure, we all love to cheer for the underdog, but who wants to always be the underdog?

and I just love your nonsense example with golf. Golf is a real game where there are rules and everyone knows them and they all know how to play the game. T11, is not like golf. Sure you have rules, but they dont explain the game and its rules to the point where everyone knows what is what. Nobody is "chopping strokes" as you say. They are purposly shanking and missing putts so they dont get promoted. Consider it "practice"...we prefer to stay on the course and get better at it before we win it.

I still cant believe there are people out there bitching about tanking. It is a fair thing to do. Some call it unsportsman-like, but then again, so it buying tokens and using them to make your players better.

So just leave tankers alone and take your own advice: enjoy the game FFS

Tanking-b26aa9ed90c8e477e1b6d89ce52e66e0.jpg

LOL I am the example of a successful tanking manager, that won 11 CL's of consecutive levels and 12 leagues of 17 different levels without stress... well yea, I was buying 176T some seasons just 4-5 or so too, because I liked that way really.

If we have to discuss here what is "cheat", will be a waste of time... really thats a game and everyone have to enjoy it playing like he wants.
    We can say that is a cheat, if you buy and I don't, if I tank and you don't, if you win leagues because you add lower Q. teams of your level as friends to have easy groups, if you decrease Q. of the team to have a easy level cup, if you win a T11 contest and you win 500Tokens, if you are moderator, if you are a developer..... if I am in Spain and can see only 2 videos per day but you in UK can see 100 and obtain 100 greens or 100T too is inclusive more interesting because you dont need to tank... so¿?

A fair game, ...really is a good place where to start.... because, did anyone know a game in what you can not do strategy to have a benefit in some sense?.. no. then, just enjoy people.

Tanking or do somethings that Ive mentioned in the list, is like to play with a bigger ball.
    Tanking-when-travel-goes-wrong-17.jpg

And I liked it 4 now.
    Last edited by khris; 03-09-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Its always the same in games - "F2P are no-life leechers" or "P2W are no-brain whales" depending on where you are. All are just people looking for entertainment, except ofc Khris , and f2p games need them all to survive. Its up to the devs to ensure that both exist and contribute.

Tankers are ppl too

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I agree, there is no "cheat" in the game and ofc it's not "fair".
    Some people tanking but not have a serial of titles
    Some people have a lot of time to spend while others not.
    Some people know english and have more info (from forum) while others don't.
    Some people can farm a little, some more, some none.
    Some buying T, some others can't or don't want.
    Some are grown ups and have a job while other players are juniors or unemployed.
    Some get paid 500$ /month , others 3.000$/month

It's just a game or a hobby for somebody and everyone must enjoy it with his personal way of playing.
    There is no "best" manager/player.

But football itself isn't a fair game. Barcelona or Real Madrid doesn't play the game with equal way (money,advertising, bank loans) but still can loose from Athletic Bilbao or the championship from Atletico Madrid. Ofc I prefer to watch them on tv and not At.Bilbao
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 03-09-2015 at 08:10 PM.
    khris and cookizzz like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast