Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Tornado88
  • 1 Post By -NMR-
  • 1 Post By Gert Funck
  • 1 Post By cookizzz

Thread: Which field to upgrade? Points or special ability?

Which field to upgrade? Points or special ability?

Hey guys.

I am sure there is one topic on that matter, but didn't find it, so, sorry in advance for an eventual repeat.

Ok, here is the thing. Which choice is the best between choosing to upgrade the player's points, and to keep the upgrade for the special ability?

I was briefly trying to weight the advantages, and it goes to the upgrade of the player's points. Knowing that a good special ability accordingly to the position costs 50 skills (even 40 is just rubbish), it leads to 5 x 10 upgrades per line of field. This, meaning, that if you want to focus your DC onto defense, he will pass from 15 points of each line to 25 in average instead of a poor defensive wall special ability with still, his poor 15 points in defense.

Am I right, or did I miss something?

P.S. : The matter is then quite the same with the training of another additional position.

I always put skill points into a player's attributes.

Imo training skills and positions is a waste and I think most SAs are useless. That is just my opinion though...

It takes 75 points to gain 1 star. 50 points to gain a special ability. So it's really up to you. If you have a young 3 or 4 star player that trains really fast, you could consider saving the points to get him a special ability.

I would like to suggest to use SP for player's point at first..then to LEARN A NEW ROLE..it would be an asset for ur team

Well, accordingly to the time spent to upgrade the position, a mid-season equivalent, better to recruit another pair of legs with this ability to play 2 positions, unless the player is a top, but still.
    Gert Funck likes this.

always go for the next star, it is in my opinion the only way to train and use tokens. remember a star is always better than a SA or role. It is also very debatable if the SA's do any difference at all
    dave1311 likes this.

Famous
    I only train to improve attributes, not new positions or special abilities, because:

First, I don't trust or am not good at using special abilities.

Second, if you don't have a lot of skill points on hand for that players, the player have no gain during the training progress.

Third, improvement in skill points reflect in player's market value but not for improvement special abilities or new position. However, players with special ability is more attractive in auction market.

Forth, I am a poor manager. Rest packs & tokens are very limited and should be used on areas more likely have immediate effect. If I have excessive resource, I will be glad to create some special players for interest.

I suggest you decide to train special ability or new position only if you have a lot of resources (tokens, green packs), or you want to use the player for very long term & not for immediate sale, or there is a specific need in your team that you want to fill, or you want to create some special players like MC/MR, AML/ST, etc.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 02-17-2015 at 10:13 AM.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Once you have decided that you need/want a new position/SA for yr player, then all point allocation should go to that first, after all tht special allocation is completed, then you concentrate on skills.

Consider tht for SA, you have to make sure that yr player is already quite decent at wht he does (FK, CK, assists etc) before you choose a SA. If you simply give him an SA, it doesnt mean he will excel with that SA.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Dreamer
    SA or new position is player improvement without increasing his quality.

Because quality increase can be a bad thing in a management perspective (decreased market worthiness, harder cup draw etc) you can train SA or new post when you think it is profitable (i.e. player at 4 or 9 quality but you don't sell him now).

Special Abilities are a waste genrally. and i think some players have them even without the skill assigned. For example i have a defender who always clears out corners with headers and a gk who can score free kicks!

i do like to train players to have two positions.. normally DC to play DL etc and MC to play MR etc so can switch easily depending on opponent.

id invest in the attributes tho 1st, 2nd position is a luxury
    Arsenal for 3rd... a cheeky tenner says so!