Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Does ball possession even matter?

Dreamer

Does ball possession even matter?

All season I'll have usually between 60-65% possession, yet my opponent will have equal number of shots, and shots on target. After this joke of a result I just HAD to post something.

Earlier today I had over 60% possession but was out shot and beaten by a team of lower quality with no special abilities, when most of my players have one.

Seriously does ANYTHING matter in this game anymore or is it all random?

23 shots and only 2 on target? I don't even play soccer and I could do better than that blindfolded.
    0 corners? Really? He of course scores on a double corner, I've given up 7 of them this season. I've missed my last 4.
    Does ball possession even matter?-23to2.jpg

Well lol I had 63% possession and they had 38% and I attempted 20 goals, 7 on target, they had 16 shots, 9 on target and scored 2 - 0 against me.

They had 2/3 stars and a 5 star goalie, I had 3 5 star plays and 5 star goalie, and 4/3 and a 2 so I would say it is automatic.

Dreamer
    You had more shots but your players were underperforming.
    As unintrutive as it seems, morale appears to only affects possession, player performance isn't affected by morale and is dictated by hidden factors.

Try to train more (by green packs) or rotate your starting lineup.
    Replace bad players if they still consistently fail.

Pro
    I hate the hidden underperforming abilities. My top defender is all of a sudden dropping and scoring 5's again. Last season I had 8 players drop in their performance. I seriously mean 3 MC, AML, AMR and 3 strikers all from 7-8 players to 4-5 players. I had games with 25 shots and 12 on target and lost against the team with 8 shots and 3 on target with 2:0. The game is really random at sometimes.

I'd think ball possession doesn't matter that much,once someone plays defensive counter he'd goes with 35 o so,so it doesn't matter if someone has more the ball,u can have more shots n everything with less possession,why should more possession mean better stats,player can keep passing but don't come near a goal.., so for me it's just a statistic,meaningless for any final result
    Cat Harrison likes this.

It matters when its supposed to matter Possession is like troop numbers in battle its good to have but not a guaranteed win.

@OP Usually when I see my opponent getting higher corner count than me I turn down my Team mentality a notch. While a high corner count is not a guarantee that oppo is c-a it does raise my suspicions

I can't find screenshot, but I remember that only defeat when I played 1st season of OMA league. My team had 72% BP, more shoots but I lost that match 0-1. I'd rather have 28% BP and 3 points in pocket than 72% BP
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

Pro
    I am starting to wonder if anything even matters. Last season I lost a lot of games since all my players dropped in quality (8 players from 7-8 scores to 4-5 scores). I lost the forelast game against the number 13 of the league. I had over 70% ball possession and 40% more shots (max stamina, morale, bonus, watched the game, etc...). Still lost the game 2:0. So the next game I thought, I am going to put in all my replacements. Quality dropped like about 10 points or so. Some had red morale. Stamina was not max. No bonus. With this team I went up against the number 2 of the league (played the same formation as number 13 4-4-2). I lost that game only 1:0. Should have lost that one 5:0 or 6:0 based on everything. So that makes me question this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    I am starting to wonder if anything even matters. Last season I lost a lot of games since all my players dropped in quality (8 players from 7-8 scores to 4-5 scores)...
    Today I lost league match 3-2, opponent scored winning goal in 89'. Match was quite though, equall quallity opponents. After match statistics showed that my ST whose form was 8 got 4 rating in that match. How can some player in very good form suddenly get very bad rating?
    Ex top eleven player

Rookie
    Hear this one lv6 team played with against abandoned team all 30-34 old 2-3* I had 1 4* rest 5-6* and I drew looool

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast