• 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By reddeviljohn
  • 1 Post By cookizzz
  • 1 Post By Amane Ito

Thread: Champion League or Cup

Question Champion League or Cup

Which cup is harder to win??

For me it's the Cup.

I've only been once runner up in between 24th season in charge.

Champion League or Cup-screenshot_1.jpg

During Cup draws, my club always facing teams which were one to two levels above me but understood Cup draws are base on average qualities, not manager level unlike champion league.

When can I ever win it??
    Last edited by VïncEnt Göh; 02-22-2015 at 09:04 AM.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Famous
    I heard different opinions. But there are much more complaints about difficulties of Cup. For me, in combining 30+ seasons, I only won Cup for one or two at very low levels.

In terms of no. of participants, a CL is competed by 32 teams while a Cup is competed by 128 teams.

Now I don't concern too much about Cup, because the prize is too low. I cannot see much benefit from it without winning it all.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Without any shadow of a doubt.... the Cup.
    My trophies: 15 League, 11 CL and only ONE Cup.

Now, if you start the Season with an average 3* or low 4* the Cup is more possible, because you can improve the team a lot, and likely won't face guys a level above. Or more.

But if you have upper 4* or above you are likely to face teams levels above who can easily improve their teams for a few tokens, and it's very hard to win it.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-22-2015 at 05:46 AM.
    Gert Funck and cookizzz like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by VïncEnt Göh View Post
    Which cup is harder to win??

For me it's the Cup.

I've only been once runner up in between 24th season in charge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	38792

During Cup draws, my club always facing teams which were one to two levels above me but understood Cup draws are base on average qualities, not manager level unlike champion league.

When can I ever will it??
    I won the Cup the first season I played, pure luck and with out really knowing what I was doing. Since then I have only won it in a few occations.

The CL on the other hand I have won several times. I must agree, the Cup is the hardest to win.
    Luck is a major factor, because if you draw a opponent who is several levels over you, he should destroy you with ease

Addicted
    Season 50 for me and I haven't won the cup since they changed the rules. I won it virtually every season prior to that. I haven't had much luck in the CL either, but heyho I just keep plodding along.

Champion League or Cup-cup.jpg
    Cat Harrison and nikolgiorgos like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    For me it's the same if you want to go for individual the trophies. The really difficulty is going for the treble.
    If you want to go for the Cup, then you must end with a low quality team so to have a draw with teams near your level and quality and then in the beginning of the season to enforce your team but the the league and the CH.L. will be very hard.
    The most I had, going for the Cup with a good quality team was 2 semi-finals and 2 times final 8.
    I 've played all my finals with a team of 6* and 2-3 (early) 7* players while my opponents had 5* and most 6* players.
    * of course it needs concentration and good luck

Champion League or Cup-league-history-day-12.jpg
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

The Cup
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Without any shadow of a doubt.... the Cup.
    My trophies: 15 League, 11 CL and only ONE Cup.

Now, if you start the Season with an average 3* or low 4* the Cup is more possible, because you can improve the team a lot, and likely won't face guys a level above. Or more.

But if you have upper 4* or above you are likely to face teams levels above who can easily improve their teams for a few tokens, and it's very hard to win it.
    I agree with you. My L19 will likely promote but will become a low 4* team next season. I may try to compete it. But I must be lucky to pass early rounds first. Then I should arrange some cash for (minor) roster upgrade later in the season.

However, Cup is not profitable. I must win with low or null bonus. It is still hard for me.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Dreamer
    I lost the cup drawing 2 games this season (3:3 home, 1:1 away) but still in CL.

CL is 8 groups of 14 players for a total of 112 (which 80 teams was eliminated already on the last season league),
    Cup is 128 teams.

1 in 14 managers win League each season.
    1 in 112 managers win CL each season.
    1 in 128 managers win Cup each season.

Cup is the most difficult only because it is exploited by tankers, who abandon league completely to gain an edge for the cup.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I have about 45-50 friends from the same server (t11, not facebook). We 've met in supporting/watching other teams and most of them are very active like me, meaning log in almost every day.
    Yesterday, CH.L. day, it was 14 (15 including me) finals with my friends.
    In Cup day, it was only 4 games.
    I believe Cup is more like a hurdle, a challenge, for the good teams and the active managers, than a reward, a consolation for the weaker teams.

Champion League or Cup-champions-league-friends.jpg
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html