Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fmldotcom

Thread: Dilema between players and formation

  1. #1
    Dreamer gkassimis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    431

    Dilema between players and formation

    what do you think is more effective. play the right formation to counter your opponents but having to put 1-2 players in wrong positions in order to play this formation or play the formation that suits your players positions even if you now that this formation is not so good against your opponents?
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

  2. #2
    Famous fmldotcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,026
    Firstly you should have a squad that's versatile and competent of playing atleast 3 different formations depending on your situation and mentality. Then the sub bench should be 1 star below your starting 11 incase they need to fill in it wont make much of a difference because if the 2nd choice player of yours is starting and he's visually standing out as a weak link he will be targeted and most likely perform poorly. Lastly if you are stronger you don't need to change your formation, he's the one that needs to. Only tweak your formation to gain advantage such as finding a different route to the goal if he parks the bus in the middle. Another thing is knowing your squad's strength to maximize the player's abilities. Use short passing with wing attacks if you have dribblers or skillful players. Long passing when you have fast and tall ST. These small details are often taken lightly and I believe if something exists, they must matter to a certain extent.

  3. #3
    Dreamer gkassimis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    Firstly you should have a squad that's versatile and competent of playing atleast 3 different formations depending on your situation and mentality. Then the sub bench should be 1 star below your starting 11 incase they need to fill in it wont make much of a difference because if the 2nd choice player of yours is starting and he's visually standing out as a weak link he will be targeted and most likely perform poorly. Lastly if you are stronger you don't need to change your formation, he's the one that needs to. Only tweak your formation to gain advantage such as finding a different route to the goal if he parks the bus in the middle. Another thing is knowing your squad's strength to maximize the player's abilities. Use short passing with wing attacks if you have dribblers or skillful players. Long passing when you have fast and tall ST. These small details are often taken lightly and I believe if something exists, they must matter to a certain extent.
    if i had versatile players then there wouldn't be a dilema. i have a huge problem to find the right players. it's not because i am lacking of tokens but because there are no disent players. i don't have a problem when i am stronger. i have a dilema when i have to play against stronger and equal teams.
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

  4. #4
    Famous fmldotcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by gkassimis View Post
    if i had versatile players then there wouldn't be a dilema. i have a huge problem to find the right players. it's not because i am lacking of tokens but because there are no disent players. i don't have a problem when i am stronger. i have a dilema when i have to play against stronger and equal teams.
    Then those games don't come often, you can play your player out of position once in awhile it don't matter. I just shuffle around when I had to and I was OK. I wanted a back 4 but I played DR, DC, DC, and DML and it's the same. I could of put the DML back to DL but I didn't. If I felt pressure on the left wing I put an arrow blue on him but I rarely had to. I usually turned that left wing into attack as attack is also a form of defense. All up to you how to handle internal matters as only you know what's best my friend.
    Kique Empire likes this.

  5. #5
    Dreamer gkassimis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    Then those games don't come often, you can play your player out of position once in awhile it don't matter. I just shuffle around when I had to and I was OK. I wanted a back 4 but I played DR, DC, DC, and DML and it's the same. I could of put the DML back to DL but I didn't. If I felt pressure on the left wing I put an arrow blue on him but I rarely had to. I usually turned that left wing into attack as attack is also a form of defense. All up to you how to handle internal matters as only you know what's best my friend.
    the fact is i don't. i am only level 6 and the problem is that i have a very easy server with just 2-3 difficult games (totaly in all 3 competitions) every season. i have tried playing with players in wrong positions but all my games were against weaker teams. it was effective against them. but now i have to play against an equal team who kicked my but last season and i have to change formation.
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

  6. #6
    Famous fmldotcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,026
    Thats a boring server...but against an equal team shouldn't be stress, even an opponent 5 quality over you is considered level.

  7. #7
    Famous shwanko07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,208
    formation first
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)