Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Video Tutorials

Dreamer
    What do you all think is a good length for the videos?

The intro is about 10 minutes long,
    I was in the middle of recording the 2nd part (Lineups and Orders) and Top Eleven servers went down in the middle of my recording! I suspect it was going to be about 20 minutes. I'm going to start again now.

I am trying to be very very thorough.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    don't go too long, I think 10 minutes is good length for attention & retention of info.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    Video #2 was 18 minutes. I'll try to keep them shorter, though going through all the buttons on the Squad menu was pretty in depth.

Note: They are going to take a long time to edit and render with Vegas, I'm going to record them all at once, but I'll post them 1 by 1 as they are made.

I updated my list with the progress of each video, the ones that are recorded say so, i'll update them to Edited and Posted as they go.
    Last edited by BridgeGoth; 03-03-2015 at 08:10 AM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    18 min it's very big. I agree that 10' must be the max, so try to brake it into parts.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    Here is a thought:

Create a link library like a FAQ page. The links will point to the exact time the questions are answered.

I tried to make the videos as quick as possible, but there's just a lot to do, but if I make links to specific time stamps, it'll be really easy to navigate.

Pretend these were links...

How do I view my roster?
    How do I see the transfer list?
    How do I change the language?
    (Those would be all in video #1)
    How do I see my free kick takers?
    What do the stars mean?
    What do the out of position warnings mean?
    (Those would be from video #2)

etc.

So you could click on any of them and it would instantly take you to the part of the video where a specific question is answered. That way you don't have to watch an entire 18 minute video looking for 1 thing to be answer, or search all of them.
    nikolgiorgos and Cat Harrison like this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    That's awesome, I didn't know you could do that (not very knowledgeable about videos.)

When you do have 'em ready to go we should put links to them in the Tutorials section so they can be found.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    Yeah I'll do that.
    I've recorded everything except the part on auctions, I'm going to wait and do that Saturday night so I can get some live footage.

I started editing the first one and the software made me so angry I rage quit. I'll work on it again tonight, It'll work eventually, just being a PITA right now.

Dreamer
    Ok I should have some videos up tonight!

Finally won the war with Sony Vegas, and didn't have to rage quit a 3rd time because of 1 stupid button that didn't want to do what I wanted.

Anyway, I'm going to post them all "as is" at first, then come up with the link library later.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Dreamer
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...BXY956PkH7_p-6

There is the playlist, I got 4 videos in there so far.

Please everyone, feel free to comment, but also note this is still a work in progress. I'll make a post in the tutorial section for individual videos and for specific questions. Right now i'm just trying to get everything edited and processed and posted.

Also help me out by liking and subscribing, i'm a new channel and I really appreciate the help you all can give.

I have 11 or 12 videos recorded, so i'll work on it more tomorrow.

Great work! I liked the videos about stadium and training, and I'm eagerly waiting for those about tactics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast