• 1 Post By cookizzz
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 2 Post By khris
  • 1 Post By cookizzz
  • 2 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: Choosing a striker to sell

Famous

Choosing a striker to sell

I have hard time to select one of following 3 strikers for sale. Welcome for some advice, thanks in advance

Leeb, age23, either feet, game28, score15, average trainer, 1 skill point to 5* (hold 9 skill points), good form
    Amir, age19, right foot, game30, score22, good trainer, 1 skill point to 5* (hold 3 skill points), good form
    Minh Duc, age19, left foot, game25, score11, good trainer (marginally best among 3), 2 skill points to 5*, average form

The other 2 strikers in roster use right foot. My team usually starts 2 strikers and keeps 4 for rotation.

My analysis
    Confidence on them according to previous performance: Amir > Leeb > =Minh Duc
    Foot: Leeb > Minh Duc > Amir (The team prefers left foot striker)
    Future Development: Minh Duc > Amir >> Leeb
    Present ability: Leeb >= Amir = Minh Duc

Personally, I prefer to sell Leeb, because of his age and training efficiency. I will miss his ability to use both feet. But the others are more worthy to be kept for more seasons, and are likely close to next star at season end (i.e. they will be easy for selling again).

In last season, despite my team always stayed in top 2 in league, our goal difference was clearly behind the other top teams until my team scored 26-2 in last 3 matches against the bottom 3. The team eventually finished 3rd in goal difference and got the league title. I did not satisfy with my strikers and decided to quickly upgrade about 2 of them. I have already sold a 24-year-old both foot striker. But the remaining strikers are looked good in early matches or training sessions that makes my decision more difficult.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 03-11-2015 at 04:37 PM.

Famous
    Sold Leeb, because he played 2 consecutive matches during match simulation caused by server crash (I guess) and was very tired. I accepted a negotiation offer on him as I at least can save one or two green packs.
    Paul Dahlin and Cat Harrison like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    (The team needs left foot striker)
    well, I 'm not sure about that. If using 2 ST both with right foot can also works (for me).
    I believe that is more psychology, our idea, football logic, but I don't know if there is t11 logic.
    cookizzz likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Yes. The team just prefers one more striker who can use left foot.

I agree this is not a must. But some managers advised that player using both feet performs well. Besides, I notice commentary sometimes states that the striker changes to use left/right foot to shoot, and at that time those player with this as natural foot seems having advantages. So I feel more comfortable with one more left foot striker.

In last season, this team has 3 both feet, 1 right and 1 left foot striker. After selling Leeb, now it has 1 left & 3 right foot strikers.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I like either foot for MC and ST, but if it's not a great player it doesn't help you. I would have sold Leeb too.If you use two or three ST though it might good to have one of each, depends which works really.
    cookizzz likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

all depend of who can play with who. I'm convinces that the game creates a "ranking" of players, as we know we never see a team with players at "excellent level" due this ranking, like when we select a man for corners/fouls that works, and when we buy a new player sometimes these players start failing because the ranking changed... well.. is ma theory... so, you have to keep the better player and who can be the best companion, or, at least, can keep the same level if the better ST is injuried.
    And till here ma space where I tryed to explain ma theory. LOL

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    all depend of who can play with who. I'm convinces that the game creates a "ranking" of players, as we know we never see a team with players at "excellent level" due this ranking, like when we select a man for corners/fouls that works, and when we buy a new player sometimes these players start failing because the ranking changed... well.. is ma theory... so, you have to keep the better player and who can be the best companion, or, at least, can keep the same level if the better ST is injuried.
    And till here ma space where I tryed to explain ma theory. LOL
    That's an interesting theory. Probably after a new player joined a team, the roles of original players or the formation may be altered and this affects the performance of original players.

I tend to believe that players have cycles of good and bad form with difference variance. The changes in performance is affected by movements in this cycles. And I think ages or general qualities of opponents have some effect because some players have prominent change in performance in new season.

At all times, the most important factor for players is their proven performance. But age (training efficiency) is also important factor especially for higher level because this affects how long a player can be kept.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Yeah Leeb should have went.

I've got 8 Either-footed players this Season and it was not intentional - 1 with 1on1 stopper, 1 with FK, 2 with CK & 1 winger with SS. The rest no SA. Must be more around because I didn't look for them.

I have a leftie MC with Playmaker who is the first left-footed MC that I've had that plays consistently....well so far, maybe he'll self-destruct later.

When I look for players I use some loose rules but once signed I just treat them as individuals. Signed many a player I thought was perfect and they flopped.

New players can affect the balance either because they're duds and thats what they do or because they're glory hunters (Khris' rankings ) and they take the spotlight (and you can get penalised for not spotting their brilliance).