Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Players from the junior school

Dreamer
    I don't have time to hunt for nordgens though, they mass spawn during my sleep...

Hunting those fast trainers from TL is too time-consuming to my tastes. My playstyle is just log for a few minutes, do everything and be done with it.

And if that involves a bidding war it can be very expansive in terms of in-game money while a token youth cost nothing but tokens.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    If signed at 4* near the beginning of a season, a token youth can gain nearly two stars by the end of the season, simply because a 4* player gain progress faster than 5*.
    if you buy a 18 y.o. 5* nordgen (with much less T) the first day, you can have him for 3 seasons as 7* player.
    Also (because I do much training for many seasons) training progress it's a fix value and I never saw any relation between gaining and participation in the games.
    Gert Funck and t11_fan like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    if you buy a 18 y.o. 5* nordgen (with much less T) the first day, you can have him for 3 seasons as 7* player.
    Also (because I do much training for many seasons) training progress it's a fix value and I never saw any relation between gaining and participation in the games.
    I totally agree, I would actually say just into fifth season
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 03-18-2015 at 07:13 PM.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

I totally agree, I would actually say more than 4 seasons
    yes, I mean with "normal" amounts of red & greens
    and want to add that a youngster is very fast trainer (over +150) because of his 4*. If he reach the 6*, the gaining will drop to +100, about the same of a 1st class nordgen.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Most Token youth players are fast trainers but occasionally there are lame ducks too. Neither mechanics nor voodoo will get the 'best out of him', just a flop.

The simple position is Token youths should be more competitively priced compared to Nordgens, given:

1 Your stadium investment has had a role in creating him; and
    2. There is more access to Nordgens than Academy recruits - 7 every 3 seasons.

A simple increase by 1 star would fix the whole thing. eg for me a Nordgen costs say 70m+. Bank loans are 52m for 25T. The equivalent cost savings in no cash fee doesn't make up for the shortage in Q. Ofc there are other ways to get cash and T or just use in a 4/5* team but these are the standards/compaitors that Nordeus set and therefore how they should be judged.

Imo its nonsense to expect them free but they should be competitive with the comparable alternative.

All that said I've had 3 or 4 in my main teak and I had a 35T team that didn't venture anywhere near the TM and only existed on Academy recruits - and it was very nice

PS. But ofc I have little access to Nordgens so I would want this wouldn't I.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 03-18-2015 at 07:38 PM. Reason: added 'comparable'
    Cat Harrison and Gert Funck like this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    The Academy is an option for those of us who have TL where bidding war is normal, especially for gens. Or if you just find bidding tedious. Obviously if you can get an 18 y.o. gem for one or two T, it is not as attractive. I really have only had one dud trainer token youth but he was still a good player. They tend to be a sure bet, instantly a good rated player where the gems I need to play and train more before they perform well.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    Many times I had youth signed, token or not, train very slowly so I put him on the starting lineup.
    If you are still wondering how did I made a 1* player the MOM?

Oh this one spawned this season so he is a 2*

Players from the junior school-2sfymom.jpg

I pulled ridiculous stunts before like replacing a 4* ST with a 1* on the second half, who scored 2 goals, gained MOM and secured my victory, in a cup quarter final no less. Too bad I couldn't see my opponent's face when that game ended.

If you don't notice the significance of the hidden "motivation" status I talk about all the time, you will never materialize the hidden depths these players possess.

Rarely, token youth may be a bad starter but he get better once you figure out how to use them.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Three of my team's key players are y21 academy products. They are good players and have all trained fast. I am level 15 and my experience is that as you ascend the levels, the academy is more and more important. The transfer market is simply not interesting most of the time above level 12.

I also think that the academy produced player who costs tokens is a very reasonably priced opportunity vs the transfer market. The

So I don't at all agree with quite a few of the comments here.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

The Academy is an option for those of us who have TL where bidding war is normal, especially for gens. Or if you just find bidding tedious. Obviously if you can get an 18 y.o. gem for one or two T, it is not as attractive.
    agree
    The transfer market is simply not interesting most of the time above level 12.
    I don't know about that, I 'm talking and comparing academy players with nordgens which I can find them every season, the first 3 days in my server, in a convenient (in my country) time.
    Hey Buff, your suggestions are brilliant so other friends of the forum, so there were great suggestions about scout-list players but they took it and made it worse than before so I prefer to leave academy as it is.
    Two times per season extra money or free low star players to drop the quality of the team for the Cup.

@Amane, my friend
    If you are still wondering how did I made a 1* player the MOM?
    Ok, a 2* player who got an 8 and MoM. As a 6*-7* player can get a 4, with a reverse process a 2* player can get a 8. I search and found 2* players who have great rates from the crap teams of my league. I don’t post a picture because everybody if search, can find them in his league.
    Having 1-2 players of 2*-3* in your team, with good rates, can have results, but it’s impossible to win titles with a team full of them.
    Because quality has a priority in the game.
    I ‘ve played (season 10 so far), 8 CH.L. finals (and semi finals of course), 2 CUP finals and 4 semi finals. I never faced a team with 2*-3* or 4* players. All the teams were 5*, few players 4*, few 6*. Never saw a team with 3* players winning a league.
    I ‘ve played and lost sometimes against 4* teams (while having a 5*-6* team), but having 1*- 1,5 * quality difference it’s in the game.

- Academy player, I had one. 1st season I trained him and having him as back up. Second season, as main GK, continuing with good rates and in the end of the season he finished with 5s . Starting the third season with bad rates and sold ! What else I could do ? To use him as DC ?
    * I don’t use second GK to rotate , it’s a waste position.
    Players from the junior school-academy-apostolou.jpg

If you don't notice the significance of the hidden "motivation" status I talk about all the time
    Motivation? Loyalty to the team? Hidden values ?
    Depth of the game ? Secrets and treasures that a manager must discover by playing ?
    That reminds me an old favorite tv serial …

Players from the junior school-want-.jpg
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 03-19-2015 at 09:25 PM.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast