Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Sell or keep ?

Apprentice

Sell or keep ?

ive got an aml/amc/amr who is atm 28 4* ... his contract is up this season and looks like i'm being promoted . Hes played well since i bought him and is a great goal scorer . But should i keep him next season or sell ? As he would be 3 stars .

Sell or keep ?-luna.jpg
    no info for you my watchers :P

3* and like he is, means that will train faster than now cos will loose a star and will recovery the 30Q =4* soon... so if is good scorer why not to keep him.... maybe give you a surpprise

Apprentice
    Yeah i noticed last season that one or 2 of my older players often had massive skill progress in proper matches . Rubbish everywhere else mind lol

Dreamer
    Keep all players that perform well on the pitch, stars do NOT matter in the slightest.
    Especially a guy like this who can cover 3 positions. If nothing else, he'll add depth as a sub and allow you to do more formations.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeGoth View Post
    Keep all players that perform well on the pitch, stars do NOT matter in the slightest.
    Especially a guy like this who can cover 3 positions. If nothing else, he'll add depth as a sub and allow you to do more formations.
    So keep him 1 more season and then sell ? Dont want to miss out of getting soem money back ... although that's not my main concern

VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    3* and like he is, means that will train faster than now cos will loose a star and will recovery the 30Q =4* soon... so if is good scorer why not to keep him.... maybe give you a surpprise
    He wont train any faster... Player who is 1-4* trains at the same pace and it changes when he gets 5th star...

Dreamer
    Keep until he no longer performs at a level you find acceptable.
    I've kept players until they were 2 stars before. (Note: my team average is always over 5, so I'm not low budget) One guy was a DC/DR with Wall ability, at 4 stars he got mostly 8s and some 9s starting most matches, at 3 stars as a spot starter and sub got 7s and 8s, as a 2 star as a pure sub he still averaged more than 7 on his form.
    Can you come up with any reason to ever replace this guy?

I've had plenty of 18-19yr old 5-6 star players bust, and my team now has several 4 star starters which i've had for 4+ seasons, and they are still doing awesome. 2 of them I reinsterted into the starting lineup after the replacements underperformed, and what do you know.... they are playing like beasts.

Sell or keep ?-vanloon.jpg

I seriously have no idea why this guy is playing like that this season, but he forced his way into my lineup, and even changed my base formation to get him more playing time about a week ago and he has not disappointed.

Now I have a 10 point lead in League and are still in CL.

So until that guy can no longer fill a need on your team, whether that be a sub or starter, I would keep.

Apprentice
    Don't sell great form players until he down to 2 stars

Yeah, whilst he is scoring close to every 2nd game & averaging ~ 7 form, I would resign, especially as he has 3 positions.
    Then assess whether you sell at end of next season, although may be best to keep him for 2 seasons as you have already paid the bonus if he has a good next season. Also they lose ~ 20% MV season on season.
    3 Teams - mid 40's, 40 & 40.
    Aims
    1. CL position every team, every season
    2. Assn in Gold 1 or Platinum

Famous
    In fact, re-signing this player is almost identical to acquire an useful 3* free agent player in next season. If this player is still important in your squad rotation, I suggest you keeping him until a replacement player is found.

When I was at your level, I found that the transfer market has been becoming more and more difficult. If your transfer market is similar and you are unlucky, you may need several days to find a suitable replacement player. At that time, you may miss him and his versatility.

If you do not plan to have add more player to your 19 player roster, I believe you have sufficient cash that you don't need to sell players before buying new ones.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast