Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Why is champions league so much harder?

  1. #1
    bNy
    bNy is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10

    Why is champions league so much harder?

    Hello, I have a pretty good team (rank 2).



    In the league I crush pretty much everyone with numbers like 7-0 and so on, but when it comes to CL I get result like 2-2, 2-1 etc.

    The opponents seem to be same rank as me and have equal teams to the ones I crush in the league.

    Find it weird, anyone else experienced this?

  2. #2
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    176
    you have a very good team for your level. are you giving match bonus. i think since cl andd cups are using knock out format, your opponents are maxing the match bonus. so if they advance to the next round, they can recover the money. i think you should at least give one level higher than the minimum match bonus. also cl is more competitive. a lot of managers watch their matches. plus some change their formation to counter their opponent's formation. based on your player list, you don't normally have 2 strikers in the first team. maybe you should get another striker so you have that option.

  3. #3
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    176
    you also don't have enough backup defenders. maybe you can sell one of your aml. try to have a backup of each position. also get dc/dmc if you can instead of just dc. dmc is effective against formation w/ amc.

  4. #4
    bNy
    bNy is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcfmb View Post
    you have a very good team for your level. are you giving match bonus. i think since cl andd cups are using knock out format, your opponents are maxing the match bonus. so if they advance to the next round, they can recover the money. i think you should at least give one level higher than the minimum match bonus. also cl is more competitive. a lot of managers watch their matches. plus some change their formation to counter their opponent's formation. based on your player list, you don't normally have 2 strikers in the first team. maybe you should get another striker so you have that option.
    Thanks, could be it. I don't give out match bonus, didn't know it effected that much. What's a good match bonus to set before CL games at my level?

    Also I have another striker, Pradubkul, he's pretty good, bought him cheap and he has 5*
    I've planed my player transactions so I can play virutally any formation I need to counter my opponent.


  5. #5
    bNy
    bNy is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcfmb View Post
    you also don't have enough backup defenders. maybe you can sell one of your aml. try to have a backup of each position. also get dc/dmc if you can instead of just dc. dmc is effective against formation w/ amc.
    Thanks, ye I think I need another DC/DMC as well. Only have one in that role (Cohen).

    EDIT: Also, how well do you think this team will stand up against teams in next division (pretty sure I will advance).
    Last edited by bNy; 03-01-2013 at 07:55 AM.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    12,881
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcfmb View Post
    you also don't have enough backup defenders. maybe you can sell one of your aml. try to have a backup of each position. also get dc/dmc if you can instead of just dc. dmc is effective against formation w/ amc.
    I don't think he need more then 4 players on defence but yes he can try with 5, dmc instand of AMC
    Learn how to play with us on www.topeleven.info and find out the best informations
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

  7. #7
    VIP July Fourth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,386
    Champions League is the most difficult competition to play in because you are playing against 31 other teams that were ranked 1-4 in the league from last season, therefore the Champions League has got more active and serious managers involved.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

  8. #8
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by bNy View Post
    Thanks, could be it. I don't give out match bonus, didn't know it effected that much. What's a good match bonus to set before CL games at my level?
    depends on how important is the match. for cup and cl finals, i always give the max bonus. same if i am behind in the second leg, or i am playing against a better team. if i am 10+ quality points higher, i don't give match bonus. if between 5-10 quality points higher, i give the minimum bonus. if less than 5 points better, i give the second or third to lowest bonus.

  9. #9
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    I don't think he need more then 4 players on defence but yes he can try with 5, dmc instand of AMC
    i'm referring to backup defenders. he only has 2 backup defenders currently. of course this is not so important if he uses red packs for each injury.

  10. #10
    bNy
    bNy is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcfmb View Post
    i'm referring to backup defenders. he only has 2 backup defenders currently. of course this is not so important if he uses red packs for each injury.
    Nah I haven't used injury packs so much, except when I've gathered enough, haven't bought any.
    But when I've had low defenders available I've just gone over to a 3 at the back formation (3-5-2).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast