Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Amane Ito
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By khris

Thread: Does a specific player has increased injury tendency?

Question Does a specific player has increased injury tendency?

Hello folks,

I am level 2 manager, and I bought a player, 23 years old 5 stars, no SA. That guy had best skill average within my team but for long term he's rather underperforming (6-7-7-6-8-7). One thing though worries me. He has been injured already 5 times during this season, even though I never train or put a player in a match if his condition is below 80%. In match I regularly swap exhausted guys around 70th minute. This guy has sucked most of my health packs...

So I put him on market as soon as he got his sixth star.

Obvious question - does each player has some tendency to get more injured than others?

Dreamer
    Higher quality players have greater chance of injuries.

MC has the greatest chance to get injured and receiving cards due to more frequent encounter with the ball compared to other positions.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Does that include training injury? He indeed is MC, yet 3 out of his 5 injuries were from training - where before training his condition was above 90%

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    he's rather underperforming (6-7-7-6-8-7)
    those rates aren't so bad for a MC. Get used with the idea that the rates of MCs (as GK/DMC) are -1 lower from your STs.
    You should think about it.

Obvious question - does each player has some tendency to get more injured than others?
    I 'm playing 11 seasons, doing a lot of training and having every season many games (extra CH.L. and Cup), I noticed only once a player who get injured more often than the usual (but he had a continuance in bad form too). So, I don't believe that's common.

A player who is good and active in the game, it's more possible to get injured.
    Even if you heal the player with reds, feed him green and blues, he still carrying his fatigue.
    Check this older thread, it's interesting for your case.
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...-he-sucks.html
    cookizzz likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Hanis Richtar View Post
    ... for long term he's rather underperforming (6-7-7-6-8-7).
    I agree that this statistics are not very bad for a MC even for long term. In my experience, some MC performed very badly, say 5-5-5, on joining the team but would eventually develop to quite good players. As I remember, 2 such MC were used to be my all time best assisters (for 2 different teams) before overtaking by others later.

Hello folks,
    One thing though worries me. He has been injured already 5 times during this season, even though I never train or put a player in a match if his condition is below 80%. In match I regularly swap exhausted guys around 70th minute. This guy has sucked most of my health packs...
    I generally believed that some players are more injury prone, and have no idea if the best players are easily injured. But I cannot remember very well because i don't have obvious injury problem in these 2 seasons. Now I use very red packs very cautiously. Generally I don't use them on injuries with players out for less than 4 days unless there is no replacement for that player. Eventually, my accumulated red packs rises significantly.

Hello folks,
    So I put him on market as soon as he got his sixth star.
    If you want to sell him, he is more attractive before promoting to next star. But this may be less obvious if you are in low level.

Yeah, my guess is that players have an embedded injury rate some higher some lower. If every action has a small chance of injury then those most involved will be more susceptible. I have an AMR/AMC that has just picked up his 6th injury in matches (see below).

Can't really comment on Training but I think Frequency of Training will have a greater impact than any player factor.

(Although I must admit I trained an alt team player obsessively using 80 packs just to see what happened - in second 'train' he got injured, I healed him and then all those packs later no more injury.)

In the last 3 days I've had 3 injuries in matches - 3 days my longest serving player, 18 days my left winger and 4 days my right winger. They are important players but 12 out of my 15 active players would be considered important - so not sure I can draw much from that.

As I always say and as I did when I trained Rozomashvili to the 9*, when one wanna train a specific pplayer, have to select other players of the reserve + subs' to train. Then if a injury have to appear the game select between all the players that we selected.
    I wasted +300 greens with Rozomashvili, till he obtained the 9*, and during the training, all the substitutes + reserves, had an injury, and Rozomashvili only had 2 injuries. I posted a pic of that, so is a good strategy train players that doesnt matter if injury.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    As I always say and as I did when I trained Rozomashvili to the 9*, when one wanna train a specific pplayer, have to select other players of the reserve + subs' to train. Then if a injury have to appear the game select between all the players that we selected.
    I wasted +300 greens with Rozomashvili, till he obtained the 9*, and during the training, all the substitutes + reserves, had an injury, and Rozomashvili only had 2 injuries. I posted a pic of that, so is a good strategy train players that doesnt matter if injury.
    I have had that thought, a numbers game, and my unscientific tests verify that thises

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Ultimately, over the long term, it won't matter how many players you train. Each player has a chance of injury per session.

In the short term this 'protection by numbers' can work if you are lucky. Its a bit like Train Hard 50 times or train 100 times Normal, but in reverse, ultimately the chance will get you.

It would of course be more of a tactic if the chance of injury was per session, increased by the number of players involved, but, at least in the simplest sense, that is not the case because you wouldn't be able to get more than 1 player injured.

Its another smoke n mirrors pattern like the Hard v Normal, but I still do that.