Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Teda
  • 1 Post By Teda

Thread: prepare for next season

Addicted

prepare for next season

win league, semi-finalist in CH, kicked out of cup at early stage - this is my current season.

Need to start preparing for the next one, when do you all start buying players at the new season/ The first couple of hours after server maintenance completed or wait for more hours or 1-2 days?

I might start searching for 1-2 scout players, and then look for my favorites in auctions after a couple of hours of the end of maintenance.
    Last edited by Teda; 05-01-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Famous
    If you have time on Day 1 and have a lot of tokens, you can try to bid for young norgen players right after the server start. These players are better than scout players but you may need large amount of time, tokens and money to buy them.

Remember that players who have not yet been re-signed will not be available for matches in new season, and Cup matches will be scheduled on any time on Day 1 & 2. If you are not available on server start and worry that your starting players are not adequately arranged, you should consider and arrange before new season day.

Edit:
    BTW, I would like to remind those who are new to this game that detail statistics of players, league table, CL/Cup trees, etc. of current season will be lost on Day 1 of new season day. So capturing these information before new season day may be one of your preparation work for new season.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 05-01-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Addicted
    I cannot agree more ...

All players are still with 3 years (will be 2 years after new season starts) contract with me so no need to worry about it.

I am not new to this game at all, but have never tried to bid right after the server start (what a shame!) - does anyone have any experiences of how soon can you get a desirable player? I.e., how the deadline look like? something like 1 hour 15 mins or 5 mins or something else?
    cookizzz likes this.

I buy nothing but these players. Most of the best ones tend to come out within the first 2-3 hours after server reset. Sometimes right at the start, sometimes after one cycle of players.
    This past season it had nothing at all on day 1. Then day 2 they all came. I don't know how unusual that is, I am only going into my 5th season but I started with the Nordgen fast trainers day 1 of season 2 and have built a whole team of them as well as another 10 on the bench/reserves.

Sometimes they will sprinkle one or a few of them on a random day during the season. It is always in the first couple hours after reset. They will be 18-19 and the most expensive players on the market.

At lvl 4 that was about $7M-$7.5M at the very top, anything over $6M was a fast trainer for this lvl. They will all come from computer generated team names that sound like something out of Snow White, like A.C. Sleepy.

These are potentially some of the best players in the game but they require investment. Scouts cost tokens up front but they are limited in growth and can only go up maybe 1-2 levels before being totally useless. Nordgens can be trained to stay much longer. They will slow down as they age but will always train much faster for their age than other players (except higher token youth academy players).

I have already started several of them for 3 full seasons now and have won all 3 competitions at least once with this group. Only 1 player on my team from season 1 and he was one of the random fast trainers that fell in my lap late in the season. He won the job the next season and is my all time leading scorer with goals in 3 seasons. I had 6 players score at least 25 goals this season and 5 were Nordgen and 1 academy .

Added to the trophy case below my posts will be 2 more pieces of silverware. My 3rd league title and my 1st Champions League title. I have been to 5 finals of Cup/CL and have 6 trophies and 3 runners up awards altogether now in 4 seasons.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Teda View Post
    I cannot agree more ...

All players are still with 3 years (will be 2 years after new season starts) contract with me so no need to worry about it.

I am not new to this game at all, but have never tried to bid right after the server start (what a shame!) - does anyone have any experiences of how soon can you get a desirable player? I.e., how the deadline look like? something like 1 hour 15 mins or 5 mins or something else?
    I do not always participate because I am a 35T manager and lack tokens. As I remember, after new season day operation completed, first auction will end in about 20 minutes. All players are young. This situation will last for several hours. When you start finding older players, I believe that those Norgen have already gone.

Good luck and enjoy. I will not participate tmr and likely will not be active in next season.

Famous
    I usually wait a few days to start buying players. I'm not a 35T player either! It's just that I can't see a players form history on Day 1, so I like to wait a few days to have a better idea what i'm bidding on. When I do bid early, its just on aging players that have a good goals per game ratio (career), for a quick fix to a roster deficiency.

Plus, its not like Nordgens are guaranteed to perform well either. So I'd rather wait a few days to hit the market for them, when they'll cost less (well should cost less). I usually don't acquire 18/19 years old either, thinking they'll lead my team immediately to the promised land. Players don't usually hit there peak form at such a young age, so I just try to find 1 or 2 that have decent form at that young age and start power-training them so I can get a few seasons out of them after they hit the age of 22+.

For example, on my current team I have an 8* 24T academy grad striker. He's spent two seasons at 8* so far, this one (20 years old) and the one when he was 18. When he was 18, his most frequent rating was "7", now that he's matured a little bit, he form usually rotates between "8" and "9" with the occasional "7". From my experience that's been the trend with my players, their form improves as they get older as long as i'm able to maintain their quality.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-03-2015 at 12:10 AM.