Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First Season in Top Eleven Finished

First Season in Top Eleven Finished

Hey guys, I just finished my first season of TE, and it was really enjoyable. After joining midway through the season and being simulated at 14th, I ended up taking 2nd (only taking that position the last day of the season). I just wanted to upload a few pictures of my team and stats. I'm a non token buyer (although I farmed once this season, but don't plan to again). If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be open to them! I've attached pictures of different aspects of the club at the end of the season, although they haven't processed the results for this season day as it isn't over.

Club: Spartak Varna
    Nationality: Bulgarian (I live in the U.S. though)

Season 1 (Spartak Varna): Tough season for the new Bulgarian club. Got predominantly four and three star players, the star being Nikolov. Was simulated into last place when I joined the league, which changed many times, with new people coming and going. On the first day of the season, I bought two strikers, both future stars. Elçin Eyyubov, a young 18 year old, who after several underperforming games was dropped for Nikolov. Maciel, a 27 year old experienced Paraguayan, the most prolific player for the club in the first season, was bought for a good deal at 4 stars. The next day possibly the most important players were bought in the clubs rebuilding. Young Kevin Anastase, a French DC, was bought at four stars but was the clubs best defender and quickly went to five stars. Also, a Belgian, Mike Kadima Tshimbombu was also bought. He was a towering and imposing force at AMC and scored 8 goals. After making some more transfers, the club switched to a 2-2-3-1-2, a strange but very effective formation. Quickly rose through the standings in a run of 7 straight wins, including a thrilling 3-2 victory over REAL MADRID, the first place team in the league, who would ultimately go on to win it. After some stupid token wasting, I decided to do something I would only do once (and hopefully never again). I downloaded some apps for tokens. I ended up having so many I decided to buy a scout, an Italian MR called Lloris Montanari. Later I bought a five star DMC who trained his way to scout level. Although he was originally Argentinian, just for laughs I decided to make him American Samoan and named him To’afa Fain’u. I switched to a 4-1-2-1-2 wide diamond formation, but went through a rough patch in which I drew three straight games to lesser teams. However, I picked myself up to beat my rivals Iran Javan, the fourth and ultimately third place team, to finish second after 1st beat 2nd on the last day of the season. Thus I qualified for CL, and am very excited for what lies in store next season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Season in Top Eleven Finished-screen-shot-2015-05-02-8.25.28-am.jpg   First Season in Top Eleven Finished-screen-shot-2015-05-02-8.25.44-am.jpg   First Season in Top Eleven Finished-screen-shot-2015-05-02-8.26.31-am.jpg   First Season in Top Eleven Finished-screen-shot-2015-05-02-8.44.58-am.jpg   First Season in Top Eleven Finished-screen-shot-2015-05-02-8.45.13-am.jpg  

First Season in Top Eleven Finished-screen-shot-2015-05-02-8.19.47-am.jpg   First Season in Top Eleven Finished-screen-shot-2015-05-02-8.19.58-am.jpg   First Season in Top Eleven Finished-screen-shot-2015-05-02-8.20.30-am.jpg   First Season in Top Eleven Finished-screen-shot-2015-05-02-8.21.07-am.jpg  

welcome aboard.

The first seasons the learning curve is very steep

Quick advise: don't burn all your tokens in bidding wars

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Gert Funck. Haha yes, I learned that early on when I burned 9 in one bidding war. No more of that, 5 token limit now, and only if it's worth it
    Gert Funck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilZ View Post
    Gert Funck. Haha yes, I learned that early on when I burned 9 in one bidding war. No more of that, 5 token limit now, and only if it's worth it
    That is a wise strategy, setting a max before entering (1-10 tokens is always debatable)
    sadly or funny a bidding war of 9 rounds is nothing. I have experienced several wars going well through the hundreds and triple the price. In my opinion this is just ludicrous behaviour

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    That is a wise strategy, setting a max before entering (1-10 tokens is always debatable)
    sadly or funny a bidding war of 9 rounds is nothing. I have experienced several wars going well through the hundreds and triple the price. In my opinion this is just ludicrous behaviour
    Yeah, I've heard of those on this forum. I know that compared to that my puny 12 round war is nothing, but it's still quite a bit in the first season

Why do you not intend to farm anymore?

If you have found a good method of farming, then I would say do it until you have more than enough, as in the higher levels you may well need them. I keep farming even though I don't have much need for it as you never know when things might change.

My advice is to NEVER speed up any of your buildings. Take your time with them as getting them complete isn't something that is a priority.

deleted .
    Last edited by tongly45; 05-02-2015 at 04:20 PM. Reason: wrong thread
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    Why do you not intend to farm anymore?

If you have found a good method of farming, then I would say do it until you have more than enough, as in the higher levels you may well need them. I keep farming even though I don't have much need for it as you never know when things might change.

My advice is to NEVER speed up any of your buildings. Take your time with them as getting them complete isn't something that is a priority.
    I know some people think badly of it. There isn't that much farming I can do when I look at the offers, but I'll try to stock up. By the way what type of farming do you do (downloading apps, surveys?).
    Last edited by EmilZ; 05-02-2015 at 04:04 PM.

[QUOTE=tongly45;339357]i can safely say that i'm now champions of the league. even #6 isn't an easy opponent but we'll try the archivement "Park the bus"

Unless you concede 19 goals

Quote Originally Posted by EmilZ View Post
    I know some people think badly of it. There isn't that much farming I can do when I look at the offers, but I'll try to stock up. By the way what type of farming do you do (downloading apps, surveys?).
    Those that think badly of it are often the ones that are jealous because they cant do it. I say sod them, if you can get tokens for free by farming then I say do it and don't feel bad about it.

I've farmed for two years (albeit its harder nowadays than it used to be) and I will continue to do so to a degree until that option has been taken from me. I know others that have spent hundreds on this game (and there is even a couple on this site that have clearly spent plus of £1000) to get their advantage. I get a nice chuckle when my team, all funded by free farming is more than matching them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast