Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: Season 66 - Week 4

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    But in the other group, things didn't go well, for me, and now I am facing Castle which is a level higher and 10 skills better
    now you must study the 2 games he lost
    He has great players names (he must be old school player like me )
    but wth is Materazzi doing among the others
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 05-15-2015 at 05:03 PM.
    Blackkiwi likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    now you must study the 2 games he lost
    He has great players names (he must be old school player like me )
    but wth is Materazzi doing among the others
    Maserati isn't that a car?

any who! I really got some homework to do, just to have a chance
    Blackkiwi likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Be careful trash talking of Materazzi and the hands of Maradona.
    Also suspect Platini - must have good relations with the referees

ok, no jokes now. 4-5-1 V, def/counter/flanks/long pass looks perfect for his formation.
    Gert Funck and Blackkiwi like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Be careful trash talking of Materazzi and the hands of Maradona.
    Also suspect Platini - must have good relations with the referees

ok, no jokes now. 4-5-1 V, def/counter/flanks/long pass looks perfect for his formation.
    Thax I will try that with wings
    he also lost agains 'Fine' playing 4-4-2

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

Addicted
    Update my end and a case of the purely unexpected on two ends.

Rhondda Rovers main team played the last Champions League game against our group rival, Big FC, for top spot. Unfortunately, I was unable to watch the match and we lost 2-1. However, due to a 2-0 win over them in the previous game, we finished top of the group and progress to the next round.

Season 66 - Week 4-screenshot_2015-05-15-18-07-40.jpg

Probably didn't help that we were dirty bastards mind.

Now for the League game. Unfortunately, due to being in work and completely forgetting, the same team and tactics used for the CL match were in effect, which was worrying as there would have only been one rest period between the matches and, despite the quality difference (they are a Q18 or so while mine's Q32), my players being tired and possibly dropping morale after the defeat should have made the match that bit harder (especially as they've only dropped 5 points all season).

Purely unexpected number one:

Season 66 - Week 4-screenshot_2015-05-15-18-07-50.jpg

Earlier this morning well, after a generally shocking transfer market that has seen very little good players worth looking at, it was a case of waiting ages for a bus and two come along at the same time.

Purely unexpected number two. We made two strong signings as a result. Firstly, a 19yo ST with freekick SA and should hit 6* by the end of the season that cost 3.8M and, breaking my own rule due to a check to see if the other manager who last second bidded with was still there or taking a quick punt, 2T:

Season 66 - Week 4-screenshot_2015-05-15-19-59-35.jpg

This saw the recent signing Pichinot leave for just under 2.5M.

Secondly, an 18yo MC that is very close to 6* and cost just shy of 5M and 1T:

Season 66 - Week 4-screenshot_2015-05-15-19-59-49.jpg

After strong consideration of which three of my four MC to sell (the 22yo that gets good rating and Q33 close to Q34, the 20yo that also gets good ratings and Q33, but has had injury concerns, or the 19yo with Playmaker SA who can be hit and miss with ratings at Q32 and recent injury concerns). In the end, for better or worse, the 19yo was sold for just shy of 4M.
    Last edited by Bluebird Hewitt; 05-15-2015 at 08:52 PM.
    pcmacdaniel likes this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Famous
    Season 66 - Week 4-top-elven-game2.jpg

We finish the group in 2nd place; lost the head to head tie-breaker. Doesn't matter much that we finished 2nd, instead of 1st. Only real advantage, is a better round of 16 matchup. However, its all survive and advance anyways and we survived the group stages! Granted, the group really only consisted of 2 teams.

Might be a good idea to do some power training at a position not named striker!!!

Season 66 - Week 4-top-eleven-loss.jpg

Suffered our first league defeat. I used 4-5-1 V-style; opponent used 3n-1-4-1-1. We're currently in 1st, 3 points ahead of Rexio!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-15-2015 at 09:08 PM.
    nikolgiorgos and Ayman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird Hewitt View Post
    After strong consideration of which three of my four MC to sell (the 22yo that gets good rating and Q33 close to Q34, the 20yo that also gets good ratings and Q33, but has had injury concerns, or the 19yo with Playmaker SA who can be hit and miss with ratings at Q32 and recent injury concerns). In the end, for better or worse, the 19yo was sold for just shy of 4M.
    What! but why? he can make the most and longest progress

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    What! but why? he can make the most and longest progress
    I was thinking that as I normally like to keep a young team, but his form has always been patchy in comparison to the other two and he has started to get injured a bit as well. I personally don't think it will be that big a loss.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post

4 PKs, 4 bookings and an injury is a whole heap of pain.
    That's nuts! Four PKs!?!?!?!?!

Is that a record :roll eyes:

Also 6 draws? I swear most people couldn't get that many if they tried. I feel for you man, it seems like Nordgen is trolling you this season!
    "One day, in the not too distant future, something amazing will happen. Not just amazing, but spectacular!
    And when this day happens, I will retire, and the world will celebrate long into the night" - Blackkiwi Manager speaking about his elusive Triple.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    What are your goals for this season?
    L22 – League Top 4 and Cup Top 8
    L14 – League Champion and Cup Top 8
    For both teams, the goal will be subject to review if I cannot actively participate.
    Quick Update before I cannot manage my team on next 2 or 3 days.

In this season, both my teams were placed interesting leagues with most teams with similar qualities (usually within 3 or 4 quality point difference only). I have less time to manage in this season. However, as both of them need not participate CL, I am rather relax and enjoy.

L22 Team
    Season 66 - Week 4-atable-22.jpg

The performance is far better than expected in this season. After day 13, it leads in league by 6 points and is preparing the 2nd Top16 Cup match

Because of difficulties in acquiring players through auctions (my only channel), about half of the players are still 4 star (including 4 just reached the up-star line). Average quality just reaches 5 stars. This is ranked around 4 or 5 in this league. New players are not young. The average age of the team increased to 22.6 (last season was about 20.5). Several 4 star players play very well & stably and are important to the success of the team in this season.

As there are less matches, less forced squad rotations for consecutive matches are required. I think stable lineup helps maintaining team form. Poor form players have chances to sit out and recover. For example, one of my DR played very badly in friendly matches in early season. He was not assigned to play in first few days. Since he starts to play again, he has not yet performed below match rating 7.

L14 Team
    Season 66 - Week 4-atable-14.jpg

Sadly the team was knocked out of Cup in qualifying (2nd) round, and only placed 3rd in league at this moment. But performances of players are generally satisfactory. In terms of qualities, my team does not have clear advantage but is one of the deepest and youngest team (average age 19.5) as usual. Comparing with last 2 seasons, there are less squad changes. My deep squad allowed me to sit out new or badly performing players and maintain consistent performance of the team.

But my team has some up & down in last few matches. It had good wins against the 5th and 1st (a big 6-1 win) team but lost to 4th and 7th teams. I am glad that it is competitive in all these matches and no player has o
    Gert Funck and nikolgiorgos like this.

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast