Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: Team Mentality vs Individual Mentality

Team Mentality vs Individual Mentality

Sorry i couldnt find the tread. I want to play super defensive, so i set Hard Defending.
    what about players? I planning to set all players arrow down, do i need to do that?

I need to counter attack, do i need to set one or two players arrow up, or all players arrow down except one or two players no need arrow down.

What if i use hard defending on team mentality but all players arrow up? what is the defference?

Thanks guys.

Its not an exact science and its impossible to say exactly what happens but my way of thinking is that Mentality sets a focus for the whole team and arrows allow you to provide an individual focus at player level.

I'd doubt its exactly this but I imagine that Hard Defensive with no arrows is similar to Defensive with all blues, but ofc not the same. Arrow assignment, imo, should be done on the basis of "What players do I want to act slightly differently to the team focus/others?"

Example: If I was playing Hard Defensive Counterattacking 352v with Man Marking against what I think will be an attacking ND of significantly higher quality I might decide I want 3 blues on the 2 outside DCs and DMC (the key 'markers') and either reds on the Strikers or Wingers or whoever ie the players I want to make the fast breaks.

You don't need the arrows for the system to work but you as a Manager have to decide if the advantages of the arrows outweigh the disadvantages.

In fact if the quality difference isn't much or if I was only trying to use Hard Defensive/Defensive to pull the opposition up the park (rather than because I needed to defend), in the above scenario, I'd probably drop the blues and focus only on my attacking players. (This system I sometimes use too if I'm facing a heavily defensive looking formation using multiple DMs, regardless of Q - force them up and get behind.)

Sory its a vague general answer but its hard to give anything else.

Thanks for the answer.
    i got a problem, because i want friends non stop of sending gift to me, i added a lot of active players.

I won treble 2nd season, now 3rd season ALL other teams are friends and many with much higher quality.

No choice but to play defence if they are much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Wcm View Post
    Thanks for the answer.
    i got a problem, because i want friends non stop of sending gift to me, i added a lot of active players.

I won treble 2nd season, now 3rd season ALL other teams are friends and many with much higher quality.

No choice but to play defence if they are much stronger.
    Just make sure that playing defensive when you need to doesn't make you cautious when you don't need to be. I'll admit I've sometimes fallen into that trap.

Friends leagues can be both a blessing and a curse - at best you know what you're going to get, at worst you might not like it. If you need to add friends that are not your level then I often look at who are arranging friendlies against my friends and if they are lower level I add them - keeps the active numbers up without the immediate risk of meeting them in leagues.

(You can also look at who's buying players (in box messages) and add as appropriate.)

Good luck
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 05-08-2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: added 'inbox'