Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kynan

Thread: 703

Since the beginning of last season (So a bit shy of 6 weeks) I have been trying to sell my unwanted players. Only had 6 that I wanted to get rid.

I have listed the players again and again in this 6 week period to get them sold.

As I relist them yet again I make it the 703rd time I have listed these players in total. In that time I have sold a grand total of ONE player.

I'm going to just sack my deadwood now and pay the fees on the contract, but I'm quite annoyed at how poor this game has become that it just dies its death on the higher levels. I know for a fact that 3 other users would gladly take my players, but they can't afford them due to the cash problem - and the stupid game won't allow me to give them away, slash the price down low so someone can afford them, or even give them away in a quick sale option.

Its ridiculous that I can list a few players HUNDREDS of times and not get a single bit of interest. I've been watching the transfer lists for the past three weeks and can see its not just me. The same players are listed on there day in day out with people having the same problem. Can't sell players, thus can't buy others = Nordeus, its costing you long run as we all have tokens we can't use.

Its now a situation where in the high levels you fall in to one of two camps - you either have loads of game cash, thus can buy players and compete, or you have no game cash and you can't buy players. Either way, the knock on is that even those with cash can't do anything as they can't get rid of the players they don't need.

Well done in making the game so unrealistic and by setting prices so high that its simply ruined. A proper cock up.
    Last edited by kynan; 05-16-2015 at 06:37 PM.
    cookizzz likes this.

Famous
    I will likely give up the team in this situation.

VIP
    Did you try to get them as close as possible to the next star? That's why I never train slow players to scout star. I keep them 1 skill point less and add SA or new position... And if I want to sell them next season, I either get negotiation offer or sell them easily at the beginning of new season...

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I will likely give up the team in this situation.
    Thankfully I have no problem with game cash, (even after sacking one player, which cost me just under 80M!) so I don't have to worry too much about going bankrupt. I've got 5.54B left after sacking one player, but its now a case that unless I can get buyers for my other players I am not going to bring any new players in as I have a full squad of 22 (And the only reason I sacked the last one was because I was on day 7 of letting a new signing go for free).

Out of principle I'm not going to release all the players I don't need and lose out on the cash - It will just mean that Nordeus miss out on me using my Tokens.

Its just a shame that cash is such a major problem in this game and they are doing nothing about it to the point that I've seen many competitive rivals simply destroyed by it - and they all just quit the game as its not worth playing any more, so long term all Nordeus are doing is pissing off its players and losing them.

I would be tempted to start with a new team, but with over 14,000 Tokens and 5.5B in my account I can "buy" my way out of trouble so to speak, but its just taken all the competitiveness out of the game as its now a case of a handful of players who know how to play the game and make game cash and those that don't and are quickly losing it.

The transfer market is a complete dead duck now. No need for anyone to buy any scouts as if you have money and can maintain your team then its more than good enough to be competitive even with average players as the majority of teams are abandoned or ripped apart due to debt. I've seen 3 players get bought off the market in the past 7 days (1 which I bought) and must have watched the end of over 1000 auctions to find users who are bidding.

What a waste. I've spent ages on this team and I assume others have on their teams over the years and its a shame to see it all end up being screwed over by unrealistic figures. How many 100M footballers are there in the world? Yet I have 22 in my squad - and stupidly they get paid nearly 100M for a three year contract too - again totally unrealistic, meaning getting rid of them is too much.

In real life if I had a 100M player I'd have plenty of clubs after him. In this game a 100M player isn't even rare.

I also have players on 45M a season contracts FFS! That would work out at around 850K A WEEK going on a 52 week paying year. I don't know a single player on earth that can command anywhere near that - Not even Messi or Ronaldo - yet in my team players that aren't even good enough to sit in my reserves are picking that much up.

SO BLOODY STUPID.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    Did you try to get them as close as possible to the next star? That's why I never train slow players to scout star. I keep them 1 skill point less and add SA or new position... And if I want to sell them next season, I either get negotiation offer or sell them easily at the beginning of new season...
    4 of them are on 164, just under the next star, with between 1 and 4 cones needed to hit it.

There is simply no players on that can afford to bid for the players, or if they can, they are in the same position and need better players than the ones I can offer.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Reading so many posts about this, I admire players of higher levels but it's something I 'm not intend to do. After taking my 1 year achvm, around lv 15-16, I 'll take over a new team.
    This game suppose to be a football manager, not a financial manager
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    This game suppose to be a football manager, not a financial manager
    That is basically what the game has become!

In the past month and a half I've been focusing on making game money on this game as its so clear how important it now is - thus any video that comes up instead of watching for a pack, its for cash.

I'm needing to play 3/4 friendlies a day if I am drawn away in competitions just to cover my daily wages. If it wasn't for the videos then I'd be lucky to make a profit.

Realism isn't the problem - there can be no realism when ability/performance is not the driver of value, its potential (training). Quality becomes an artificial representation of value only at caps.

To fix the MV issue they'd need to separate training rate out from value and find another mechanic for it. (In an mmorpg they'd introduce a secondary currency (and means of getting it) and make that a premium so Player Value would be Cash for Q and Credits for Rate. )

The game has no true ceiling so trying to create one artificially breaks the cash flow. Attendances are capped, values are capped, prizes are effectively capped but the market diminshes and the player churn continues. So the celing is actually when the game becomes unplayable or when a manager loses the will to go on.

If it was me I'd build a test version of the game release the caps and see where it went. Then try to fix it. These caps look like a temporary fix that was allowed to be permanent.

Meantime I'd put in a Scrap Value for players. Although care would be needed to prevent FA Exploiting.

Well I have moved from more of a purist football manager to 50/50 football/financial management of my teams (esp Lvl 19).
    I don't mind this change in focus that much especially at this level you have played ~ 800 games, but I agree it changes the idea of the game.
    I have not had Kynan's troubles selling players, but I am changing the team far less often at higher levels.
    I suppose that the game has an inherent design flaw that means one would consider takeover in the high 20's levels for us non T buyers.
    all these issues are tied in some way to the in game cash situation which just gets worse the higher you go.
    That is why I give great respect to non T buyers who persist with high level teams (>Lvl 25).
    3 Teams - mid 40's, 40 & 40.
    Aims
    1. CL position every team, every season
    2. Assn in Gold 1 or Platinum