Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Something a bit weird is going on.....

Dreamer

Something a bit weird is going on.....

For two consecutive league matches now my entire team has lost the ability to shoot.

2 matches, goal scoring opportunities in shedloads, but I keep getting "so and so is behind the defence" or something similiar, then "He must score". Followed by "But he puts it over the bar / wide / whatever". Whereas the other team has one opportunity and buries it. Yesterday, we managed to scramble in a 90th minute headed equaliser from a corner but today was a 1-0 defeat.

I'm not just talking about strikers, but I ended up with midfielders and attackers missing the target too. Tons of pressure and plenty of opportunity, condition tip top, moral pretty good, etc. These are players that have all banged in numerous goals so far this season, nobody is even close to me on goal difference.

What does Nordeus want me to spend tokens on now?

why do we always blame nordeus if things go unexpected? you're not the only one buddy.. i'm sure a lot of people also have the same experience. i actually do. just enjoy the game and be happy

Addicted
    this is happening to more than you. happened to me too today as i faced one of the worst teams in the league. Are you perhaps on top of your league just like me?

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshiko View Post
    why do we always blame nordeus if things go unexpected? you're not the only one buddy.. i'm sure a lot of people also have the same experience. i actually do. just enjoy the game and be happy
    The sarcasm was lost in that comment. See one of my previous posts "Nordeus ate my hamster"

I'm really not one to moan, it just seems strange that it happens two games in a row. As another poster guesses, I am top of the league, and we are running up to the end of the season....

I hate those days..... and the crap for sure comes in bunches.... enough to make me pull my hair out.... if I had any
    fmldotcom likes this.
    Newark City

Season 1 - 4th Place.... but hey....

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Tee View Post
    The sarcasm was lost in that comment. See one of my previous posts "Nordeus ate my hamster"

I'm really not one to moan, it just seems strange that it happens two games in a row. As another poster guesses, I am top of the league, and we are running up to the end of the season....
    come to think of it, it happened to me last season as well. my team had 20 shots fired - TWO hit the goal. I then lost big to a mid-table team I had beat easily (with the same tactics) earlier in the season.
    ice87s likes this.

Apprentice
    Just to add I'm top of league & in champions league semi final and guess what ?? The same as you guys my players in the last 3 games are missing so many one on one chances !! And I'm now starting to lose and draw matches !!

KEEP RIGHT ON

Dreamer
    And again. That is three out of three games. Tonight I lost 0-1 at home.

In real life, all players (especially strikers), go through phases where they can't do anything right. How often do we hear that this or that striker is going through a barren spell, and can't buy a goal, so why shouldn't it happen just the same here? These things just happen.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    In real life, all players (especially strikers), go through phases where they can't do anything right. How often do we hear that this or that striker is going through a barren spell, and can't buy a goal, so why shouldn't it happen just the same here? These things just happen.
    Very true. But a whole effing team? Seriously, free kicks that normally sail in, one on ones, practically every situation that we have scored in throughout the season has been denied over the last three days.

It is also true that when a team is successful and playing with confidence, luck tends to be on their side.

The fact that I am not alone in this, makes me wonder if the script has already been written and also to question my efforts in managing the team when its fate already appears to be decided.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast