• 1 Post By andreas diplos
  • 1 Post By EmilZ
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 2 Post By BridgeGoth
  • 1 Post By Gert Funck
  • 2 Post By Amane Ito

Thread: wrong position

wrong position

if i put a player (mc) to a wrong position (mr) how bad will he play ???
    if anybody knows ...
    Laftan Anla likes this.

VIP
    probably very bad... MC can play ok in AMC and DMC position...

i want to play against a 4-4-2 classic and my team is with 4-1-2-1-2 narow diamond , do i have chance ?

VIP
    Try 4-2 DMC-2 MC-2 through the middle...

wrong position-2.jpg
    Last edited by Steppenwolf; 05-16-2015 at 05:01 PM.

I have a DMR who has been with my since day one (generated at my club). He is the only remaining Bulgarian in the squad and has just reached five stars for the second straight season (he started at three stars). He used to play at DL, which isn't that much of a difference and is only a yellow alert. However, I've started to play him at DC (I bought a five-star DL that quickly became scout) and he is just as good, if not better. He consistently gets 7-8 ratings and has 6 MOM this season so don't be scared to put a player in the wrong position, it doesn't always affect their performance.
    cookizzz likes this.
    Spartak Varna ФК (Bulgarian Club)
    Level 2
    Level 1: League Runner Up

Come on ya Spartans! Come on ya Spartans! Spartans RISE!

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    It is less common but yes, some play better not in their position.. the majority really don't do well, a few do ok, with like 7 ratings.
    But even some of the OK guys don't like play OOP (out of position) long term.

I've only had a couple that really didn't care for their own role.
    cookizzz likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    I've been using a striker at AMR and he's been really great.

I try avoiding putting players in positions where they have the red exclamation mark, if its yellow they normally performe fine

personal note: ( its strange that a AMC or MC gets red in a wing position, IMO it should be yellow, because it the nearest out of position)
    Cat Harrison likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by andreas diplos View Post
    if i put a player (mc) to a wrong position (mr) how bad will he play ???
    if anybody knows ...
    I had a MR playing as MC in Port Vale FC and was excellent LOL... you can perfectly divide the players in 3 lines ST's/MC's and DC's... and I use MC's and ST's as AMC ...LOL..... no differance or something wrong looking the normal job they do and what they do as AMC's.. is the same as select ST spot, right center left spot, probably all depend more of the player that is near to determine if theres a decreasing in the performance...

Dreamer
    As long as the position is of the same color the penalty is slim, besides the possession penalty, it's unnoticeable.
    I think the performance penalty for that specific player is close to nil. The form is more related to that player's recent status.

Sometime ago there is a questionable tactic floating here, which is basically making OOP intentionally to get some possession penalty, so that the counterattacks become more effective.

I'd rather put an OOP player with good form into play than putting a bad form player who plays the position. The performance gap between good and bad form player is much greater.
    Laftan Anla and Cat Harrison like this.