Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Questions for more veteran players

Questions for more veteran players

First off I see a lot of you guys talk about selling players for tokens and at lvl 5 I obviously have the option to try to buy players direct.

Problem is that I have no idea how to go about selling them other than the traditional market for 0 tokens. There is a list that shows available players from other teams. Most of which have no offers. How on earth do players get on that list? How do you get someone to bid for your player?

I have players that are surplus to my needs but would definitely be valuable to other teams at my level and a couple that would be for lvl 4 teams. I am talking about fast trainers. Both Nordgen and Academy........

Is it just a matter of getting to a higher level where people start really sniffing around? If so why the list of other teams players? Almost none of which ever have offers and none are nearly as valuable as those I wish to sell.

I really need to get tokens and it is frustrating. I don't want to offload them for 0 tokens but I don't need these couple and want to open space for new academy players.

2nd important question: Does giving a player a contract extension cause them to immediately slow down in training??

I have seen that training speed seems to be tied to a value/salary ratio. So if that is the case than it would stand to reason that giving a player a giant pay raise would hurt that ratio badly and thus make him train slower........I am asking because I have still fairly young Nordgen fast trainers who have contracts expiring at seasons end and I do not want to sign them today if it means they will train slower the last week.

A somewhat related question is that it says that if you do not sign an expiring player before the season ends he becomes a free agent. That seems pretty black and white but I have been told that you still have the 7 day window to sign them after the new season starts before they would actually leave, just that they wouldn't be eligible to play during the window.

So which is it? Do they leave at the end of the season or 7 days into the next season?

Couple other small things. How on earth do you tell what server you are on?

Also does anyone keep track of how your fan base grows? I know that it is based on results but I wanted to know if there was a better way to see how the size of my fan base affects attendance and how to maximize my ticket income.

Right now I am right at 72.9k fans with 7 league rounds remaining in season 5. A total of 218 matches played which comes out to 334.4 fans added per game.

I dislike the level attendance limits very much. At the lower levels the income from games isn't that big anyway and it is annoying being stuck with 19k fans in a 43k seat stadium when I have nearly twice as many fans as I have seats.......

Does the game consider fans to be just supporters in general or more like paying club members. If it is the prior then you obviously cannot expect every single supporter to show up for each game or anywhere near half for that matter. I am a Chelsea fan but I can't attend matches because I live thousands of miles away lol.

But if it were more like club members then it would be a more accurate representation of demand for tickets.
    Last edited by David Grizzle; 05-24-2015 at 02:05 AM.

Famous
    I'm far from a veteran player, but to answer some of your questions:

How to find what server your on?

Go to the "add some friends" section, then scroll down to April 2014. The moderator, Cat has a link showing you how to find your server here.

How to sell players for tokens?

Negotiations list. You have to have your player only 1 token away from the next star level for them to appear on your list. Other managers also have the option to scroll through your roster and place a bid on your players. Best way to get bids is to leave your player one skill points shy of the next quality level. Unfortunately, I seldom get a bid offering tokens! However, i'm only level 12, maybe the list gets more usage at the higher levels.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-24-2015 at 02:06 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

About sell players per tokens (I don't do that because I usually keep players during all their career) is adding these players in negotiations list, don't adding the cones when the player is 1 cone of the 6*... then the player apperar in negotiations list....
    The problem now is that with the auto-add, if you have a player 1 cone to 6* and wanna keep this in the list you can not train the player or use this... then you will keep the player in the list. So is a little bit more complcated to control, one can do a mistake easy training LOL

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    ...2nd important question: Does giving a player a contract extension cause them to immediately slow down in training??

Nope. Age and Stars are what slows them.

A somewhat related question
    Do they leave at the end of the season or 7 days into the next season?

Their contract runs out at Season end, and you have the first week of the new Season to sign them. (I usually sign them before it runs out so I'm not sure, but I think first two days it's only a 2yr contract)

http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...ghlight=server

Also does anyone keep track of how your fan base grows? ...

Keep your tix low enough for full attendance and win matches/Championships. Also in friendlies you can gain a few.

I dislike the level attendance limits very much. At the lower levels the income from games isn't that big anyway and it is annoying being stuck with 19k fans in a 43k seat stadium when I have nearly twice as many fans as I have seats.......

You built too fast. NEVER rush building. (I made the same mistake, btw...)

Does the game consider fans to be just supporters in general or more like paying club members. If it is the prior then you obviously cannot expect every single supporter to show up for each game or anywhere near half for that matter. I am a Chelsea fan but I can't attend matches because I live thousands of miles away lol.

Fans are as you say supporters in general, they wont all attend like a season ticket holder.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    ...2nd important question: Does giving a player a contract extension cause them to immediately slow down in training??

Nope. Age and Stars are what slows them.

A somewhat related question
    Do they leave at the end of the season or 7 days into the next season?

Their contract runs out at Season end, and you have the first week of the new Season to sign them. (I usually sign them before it runs out so I'm not sure, but I think first two days it's only a 2yr contract)

http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...ghlight=server

Also does anyone keep track of how your fan base grows? ...

Keep your tix low enough for full attendance and win matches/Championships. Also in friendlies you can gain a few.

You built too fast. NEVER rush building. (I made the same mistake, btw...)
    [/I]

The one and only reason I overbuilt was to get to lvl 7 and unlock the top level youth academy. I have mentioned before that I play games for the "immersion". I badly wanted to build a club from the ground up. Hence the entire roster of Nordgen fast trainers and token academy players.

So far the top academy hasn't given me any better results which is sad. I was hopeful that I would at least have more 4* prospects, ones close to 5*, and ones with higher value than at lower tiers of youth academy. To date my only homegrown product to achieve anything came during season 2 and he was better out the gate than any of the 4 from the top academy to date. I get another set in 2 days so fingers crossed.

I did sign two of them, a ST and a LB who are currently low 4*. They have combined for 1 competitive appearance so jury is out. Doesn't help that I have had fewer resources this season and had to focus on my starters who get more expensive to maintain every season. Even the difference from 19 to 22 is a lot.....Too much if you ask me. Real players grow the most during this stretch all the way up to about 27 or so. It makes no sense that players slow down growth at 21-22 and are nearly worthless by 25 unless you are either not promoting or willing to break the bank for them.

Thanks everyone for your answers!!!! They helped a lot.

For the sake of clarity when talking about adding them to negotiation list did you guys mean one away from next * as in 44Q vs 45Q for example? Or did you mean one point as in 1 of the 15 points you need to get from 44Q to 45Q?

Like 44.9

er.. .8 (see below)
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 05-24-2015 at 07:51 AM.
    khris likes this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Like 44.9

1Q= 15 cones

so if 44= 5* then;

44Q + 14 cones = 6* -1 cone LOL maths for this spanish morrninng LOL

Better show than tell:

Questions for more veteran players-bobo.jpg

Now I'm going to get to reject offers...
    khris, Gert Funck and nikolgiorgos like this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    So far (lv12) I had only one T academy player, I never bought from nego list and sold only one player (for 10T) which I didn't want much
    so, I wouldn't miss those sections of t11 - but it's my personal way of playing.
    It's nice to know in which server you are but there is nothing useful about this.
    It's better to "know" your server managers/teams - season by season you 'll start to meet some same teams in league or CH.L., players who are going after nordgen or free agents or having common friends.
    There is no rule or advice when to renew a contract because it depends from the player, age, maybe gathered sp, the plans and the targets of the manager. For me it's different every time for every player.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 05-25-2015 at 02:26 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    So far (lv12) I had only one T academy player, I never bought from nego list and sold only one player (for 10T) which I didn't want much
    so, I would miss those sections of t11 - but it's my personal way of playing.
    It's nice to know in which server you are but there is nothing useful about this.
    It's better to "know" your server managers/teams - season by season you 'll start to meet some same teams in league or CH.L., players who are going after nordgen or free agents or having common friends.
    There is no rule or advice when to renew a contract because it depends from the player, age, maybe gathered sp, the plans and the targets of the manager. For me it's different every time for every player.
    If I could farm nearly unlimited T then I would not be asking many questions lol. I am unfortunately in the US and can only farm a few tokens per week from videos......Though facebook did allow me to farm about 50T worth of green packs yesterday and if it keeps that up I will be a happy man. Green packs at this point are about 95% of what I need T for.

Outside of that there are only the increasingly rare player purchases which require T for either the auction or from the academy. Most of mu team is set for the next 8-10 seasons if I can afford to keep them gaining at least 1* per season that long. They are all fast trainers and the oldest is now 22. We shall see how hard it is when they get into where an athletes prime should be......

One quick ?........Is there a top flight in this game, or do you just keep going up forever? If so at what lvl do you stop promoting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast