Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Possible to realiistic play this game without the auctions as a T35 player

Quote Originally Posted by An Bainisteoir View Post
    That is great going did you study the competition for a while or did you just get your timing right?

Incidentally I threw 3 tokens at a 5 star (30) player who was thirty plus during the busy time (evening). It is very hard to make yourself stop bidding when the action thing starts. Thankfully I stopped at three when I released they seem to have tokens to burn.
    Well, answer is both and more.
    When I open TM, I usually put on shortlist few players whose auction is near end. Then I track those transfers to find out how active market is, who are buyers etc. before bidding. If market activity is high, don't even try to bid, There are a lot of small tricks which I've learned through months of playing TE (this is my 32nd season),
    Of course, you always need luck, but you need to be wise. There are various types of bidders and auctions. Key is to try to predict could some auction become token war or maybe could be over in 1st round.
    As far as I can understand how other players think, high number of players is stubborn on auctions. I don't know why, but some of them are talking about "pride", which could be explained like "I'll bid for that player until last token"
    I'm 35T player, I don't have will to farm (I used to do it sometimes), so I'm quite careful with my tokens. Once I managed to have av. quallity 5* team and ~70 tokens which were from sponsor only + few bought jerseys and crests!
    I usually finish my auctions in few rounds and spend up to 3T per auction, sometimes few more, up to 6.
    For me, it would be quite complicated to write guide about auctions because you can't learn that from guide. Auctions are more related with psychology and "reading people" than with game itself.
    Keep in mind that no matter how many tokens you spend on some player, you get no guarantee that his form will be good. Problem is that most of bidders don't understand that, they think that TE is based on quallity, but actually TE is based more on form than on quallity.
    You need to change way of looking at players (I don't mean managers). For me, player isn't worth much tokens until he comes in my team and proves his form. Then, I won't sell player like that unless someone gives me big token offer for him, and even then I'll think twice. Just keep in mind that the best players aren't one with 3 positions, 18 years and special ability, but one who has form 8-9
    Last edited by t11_fan; 06-01-2015 at 08:37 PM.
    Ex top eleven player

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    Well, answer is both and more.
    When I open TM, I usually put on shortlist few players whose auction is near end. Then I track those transfers to find out how active market is, who are buyers etc. before bidding. If market activity is high, don't even try to bid, There are a lot of small tricks which I've learned through months of playing TE (this is my 32nd season),
    Of course, you always need luck, but you need to be wise. There are various types of bidders and auctions. Key is to try to predict could some auction become token war or maybe could be over in 1st round.
    As far as I can understand how other players think, high number of players is stubborn on auctions. I don't know why, but some of them are talking about "pride", which could be explained like "I'll bid for that player until last token"
    I'm 35T player, I don't have will to farm (I used to do it sometimes), so I'm quite careful with my tokens. Once I managed to have av. quallity 5* team and ~70 tokens which were from sponsor only + few bought jerseys and crests!
    I usually finish my auctions in few rounds and spend up to 3T per auction, sometimes few more, up to 6.
    For me, it would be quite complicated to write guide about auctions because you can't learn that from guide. Auctions are more related with psychology and "reading people" than with game itself.
    Keep in mind that no matter how many tokens you spend on some player, you get no guarantee that his form will be good. Problem is that most of bidders don't understand that, they think that TE is based on quallity, but actually TE is based more on form than on quallity.
    You need to change way of looking at players (I don't mean managers). For me, player isn't worth much tokens until he comes in my team and proves his form. Then, I won't sell player like that unless someone gives me big token offer for him, and even then I'll think twice. Just keep in mind that the best players aren't one with 3 positions, 18 years and special ability, but one who has form 8-9
    Interesting that you mention psychology.

I find that I bid much better in auctions if I only have 1/2 tokens stored.
    If I have double figure tokens available I have a tendency to go the extra (mostly unnecessary) few bids. When I have a greater amount of tokens I am tempted to bid at the busy times of the server. This turns out to be a false sense of security and I waste tokens.
    In contrast when I have double one/two tokens I immediately aim for free agents or players at the quiet time of the server.

Rookie
    Play this game with only 35T is impossible at least on my server, I have too buyer token and equipment 1 level unless have better players than me. To this we add that there is little market and you need to pay a lot of tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by ciri View Post
    Play this game with only 35T is impossible at least on my server, I have too buyer token and equipment 1 level unless have better players than me. To this we add that there is little market and you need to pay a lot of tokens.
    Have you tried at different times on your server?

Find the quiet time have a quick glance at the transfers at the quiet time.

Also keep an on any free agents with the (F) marked (the F is not shown when using the mobile app).

I found the free agents are a great way to get squad fillers and the occasional bargain that people did not spot.

I have played this game foe a while now and think I know the ins and outs of it.
    I am towards the end of level 2 the game play itself is enjoyable but the auctions are a joke at times.
    First I lost a total of 10 tokens in two separate auctions in the dead zone at the quiet time of the server 4am/5am local time. ( 3 and 7 tokens respectively - I am aware 5 is the notional limit)
    It was extremely annoying.

I then managed to farm 10 tokens and found the perfect player I was looking for aged 30 cheap and verging on a 6 star. I had the guy tracked from way back.

I was all set to bid about 20secs in and the connection error appeared on the phone! (this happens frequently and nordus seem to fudge it - surely they could better with the 62m turnover they get a year)
    Next player I saw was a midfielder again 5/6 star would have to wait one hour,

I was confident with my 10 tokens...
    I looked at the squads of the other two they were obviously T35 players then. Other guys appeared and one completely bulldozed me with tokens (the two token tactic to avoid a 2sec bid), I got sucked into a bidding war.

So that is a grand total of 20 tokens wasted on nothing (not to mention lack of sleep 5am etc).
    I know people say not to buy the 4star youth player for 15 tokens. But I think it is worth it especially at a lower level and your sanity.

Which brings me to the point can the game be played by avoiding the auction completely after your squad is set up for a few years to come - for example average age 24.3. Then save the 35t spend no tokens the next two years and purchase players by the negotiations or buying a scout player.

Has anyone tried this strategy and avoided the madness of the auction? I am only level 2 and already seems like the wild west

I have watched Southparks "Freeium is not Free" about in app purchases and games online. I refuse to buy tokens on principle!
    Tank. plain and simple. TANK!

every second season, lose as many games as you need to come in 8th or worse so you can stay at the same level and build your players to scout and win the next season more easily. Tanking allows you to not really care about the time of purchasing a player since you have two seasons to do it and you usually only buy on a tanking season since that gives you a 5* player for 2 seasons instead of just one and being reduced to a 4* player upon being promoted.

When you tank, you can buy players anytime during the season and it pays to buy at the end of the season when people are trying to dump older or lower quality players on the cheap.

Also, use multi accounts. Start a new account one month after the other for a few months and friend them so you can pass down your players as they become older or lower quality. You can also purchase players and shovel tokens from your lower accounts to your higher accounts as a form of token farming. I have a level 20 account, two level 19 accounts, a level 18 account and a level 17 account. When I have a new youth from my system on my level 20 account he is usually 2* and becomes a 5* for my level 17 account to purchase for a few tokens. More often than not I just sell them on the market as they are usually not a position that my level 17 account needs, but it pays to have lower accounts that can do this for me.

Tanking allows you to be more selective in purchasing players and saves you a ton of tokens in stupid bidding wars....but not all the time. There are still times where I have to spend 30 tokens in a bidding war with some Turkish selfish token bully just to get a player I need (this Turk must have spent almost 60 and lost the player...he bid several tokens every round trying to tell me that he has many tokens to waste...but I wanted and needed that player and bid first every round to tell him that I wanted him...I spent 30 tokens and over $235M to get that 18YO, 117Q ST worth $106M and most likely a faster trainer)

Message me sometime if you are interested in that style of play. I have an excel spreadsheet that helps track and help manage players. Having that helps immensely as it helps me determine who needs to go and when, as well as who I need to buy.

and yes, scouts are a ripoff now that they have this new system. It was stupid before this new system, but now it is even worse. Since you dont buy tokens, this is a waste of time anyways, but it is worth mentioning.
    An Bainisteoir likes this.

Great common sense insight. I do not feel I need to tank the team at the moment as I feel my team is set up for a few seasons and is competitive. But I would consider it if I felt I was getting nowhere.

I do like the idea of a second feeder team a few levels below which will make it easier to sell off unwanted players that I know would play well at a lower level but might not sell in the market.

As for tactics I switch between three when necessary.

The major mistake I made in my first full season was trying to go attacking/hard attacking against similar standard/better teams. Throwing on extra strikers then wondering why I lost the game when it was going well. It basically cost me the league.

I have copped on that it is better to play defensive against teams of equal standard of better, During a game against one team I even managed to score during a game when I changed to hard defending to protect a lead. There might be hope for T35 managers after all!

If I get stuck with my current tactics I will message you. Young mangers occasionally need advice from the veterans! Having played football manager/championship manager in the past has helped me with this game as there ate plenty of similarities tactics wise.

Rookie
    Have you tried at different times on your server?

Find the quiet time have a quick glance at the transfers at the quiet time.

Also keep an on any free agents with the (F) marked (the F is not shown when using the mobile app).

I found the free agents are a great way to get squad fillers and the occasional bargain that people did not spot.
    the problem of My server is the market is dead, no matter when you connect no players like my level and when there get ready for the fight

Quote Originally Posted by ciri View Post
    the problem of My server is the market is dead, no matter when you connect no players like my level and when there get ready for the fight
    same here on level 20. I log in in the morning and check the market and there might be 10(ten) 5* players available and rarely any 18-21 yo of quality. If I want to buy a 5* player he will most likely be 29yo. Nordeus drops the ball on the market

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123