Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Possible to realiistic play this game without the auctions as a T35 player

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    oh my yes do not buy scouts if you are on a limited budget! That team I pictured above wasted (and it was a waste! I got a lemon!) fifty T on a Scout.
    I've got plenty of tokens but would say to NEVER buy scouts unless there was no alternative.

Young players a few cones away from being scout quality and of the age of 18/19/20 will always be a better and more attractive offer than a Scout who will train slower and be older.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    I've got plenty of tokens but would say to NEVER buy scouts unless there was no alternative.

Young players a few cones away from being scout quality and of the age of 18/19/20 will always be a better and more attractive offer than a Scout who will train slower and be older.
    There is ALWAYS an alternative to buying scouts.
    Buying nothing for example is a much better solution

(Yes, scouts now really are THAT bad a deal)

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    So that is a grand total of 20 tokens wasted on nothing
    compare to that, a scout/list player who cost 50T and playing 1st season as 7* player, 2nd season 6* player, 3rd season 5-6* player, 4th season 5* player - without power training
    lol
    I 'm saying,
    don't buy a scout\list player if you don't know why you want him ...
    don't buy an expensive young nordgen if you don't know how to use him
    don't sign an academy player if you don't know what to expect from him
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 05-26-2015 at 08:56 PM.
    An Bainisteoir likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by An Bainisteoir View Post
    Ok update on the actions. Instead of the moaning I had yesterday about how terrbile the auctions were and how I got token bullied, this time I have a success story.

I relaise that using pc/laptop has an advantage over using the the moblie phone (besides the better connection). In that it shows the F for free transfers so it is quicker to spot them. This means that it "slows down" the people using moblie phones because they would have to click each one to see if they are a free transfer.

So I farmed out 3 tokens which gave me four added to the one I received from the token deal.
    My intention was to just look at the auction list and see which type are hidden gems to change my mindset.

I saw a Free Transfer guy worth aged 21 only 290k and a three star (level 2). Then I looked at his stats. His attacking were amazing 24.6 which is at "excellent" five star level.

Nobody had bid there was a half hour to go. I decided to throw my one token in. I reasoned that it might put off other bidders as they would then have to bid a two token minimum.

Nobody else bid and I got the player for one token.

Incidentally I think that not showing the "F" for free transfer on the list when using the moblie is a major oversight by nordus and a disadvantage for mobile users.
    I agree. I mentioned this when the app was launched.

Browsing the TM for FAs was one of the few reasons for me logging in on my crappy T11 phone.

Finally got the hang of this auction thing. Got a lot of players during quiet time of the server.So much so I was spoilt for choice for 2 tokens each max! I even got some for one token each. The four types I keep an eye on are
    1) high value young players (if I have the money) -
    2) free agents if I don't have money
    3) multiple position players
    4) players over 30 if they are exceptionally good
    Last edited by An Bainisteoir; 06-01-2015 at 03:34 PM.
    Gert Funck and Cat Harrison like this.

Yesterday I've managed to buy 15x 5* players for my level 6 team called Shakhtar. I've spent 33T on those auctions (all thogether, lost auctions included too).
    Ex top eleven player

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    Yesterday I've managed to buy 15x 5* players for my level 6 team called Shakhtar. I've spent 33T on those auctions (all thogether, lost auctions included too).
    That is great going did you study the competition for a while or did you just get your timing right?

Incidentally I threw 3 tokens at a 5 star (30) player who was thirty plus during the busy time (evening). It is very hard to make yourself stop bidding when the action thing starts. Thankfully I stopped at three when I released they seem to have tokens to burn.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    In these 2 days, I signed 8x5* + 1x3*(free agent) players with 13 or 14 tokens for my Level 15 team. For Level 22 team, auctions are more difficult. I signed 6x5* players with about 22 tokens. Of course the consumed tokens include those wasted in unsuccessful auctions.

I strictly followed my 2 token rule on bidding in these 2 days.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 06-01-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    In these 2 days, I signed 8x5* + 1x3*(free agent) players with 13 or 14 tokens for my Level 15 team. For Level 22 team, auctions are more difficult. I signed 6x5* players with about 22 tokens. Of course the consumed tokens include those wasted in unsuccessful auctions.

I strictly followed my 2 token rule on bidding in these 2 days.
    Certainly, I try to bid on quiet time. Bidding strategies are also adjusted with market environment and team plan/needs. For level 23 team, there are a lot of bidding wars in auction market. I should avoid the bidding war as far as possible. Generally, my target are less attractive, lower quality, up to mid-twenty 5* players. For level 15 Team, auctions are much easier. The team is quite rich that it can afford any highest prized 5* players at this level. Its transfer targets are those high prized, young fast trainers. Competition on these players seems less because many managers cannot afford them. This further improved the success rate.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by An Bainisteoir View Post
    That is great going did you study the competition for a while or did you just get your timing right?
    lol,
    he has a phd on that
    An Bainisteoir likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast