Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Stickman72
  • 1 Post By Tactician
  • 1 Post By Biggie Siang

Thread: Can't Win Anymore. Ideas?

Can't Win Anymore. Ideas?

Firstly I've been looking over these forums for a little while now and I'd like to say a big thanks to all who have contributed. It makes playing this game much easier for noobs like me.

Now to my problem. As the title suggests I can't seem to win games anymore. My team was cruising along nicely until a few days ago. I was second in my league on goal difference, through to the quarter finals in champions league but had been knocked out of the cup in the quarters on away goal rule.

The day my CL game was on I had a league game 3 hours before it but unfortunately I was called in to work and wasn't able to get internet access during the time between my games. Consequently my team went into the CL game in poor condition and the team I was playing was also the team leading my league. Previously we had played twice for 2 draws, the only points either of us had dropped. Given the poor condition of my team we obviously got beat quite soundly. Since then I have only won 2 games, against the bottom 2 teams in the league. I tried a couple of friendlies against teams weaker than mine and got beat there too. My record since that CL game is 2-10

I had the bonus up high although I'm not sure how effective that is because my other team has the bonus set at zero and they've only lost 1 game in all 3 comps this season. At first I didn't alter the team but after 3 straight losses and 1 win against a bottom team I changed it up but still can't win other than against bottom ranked teams. I usually play 442 but do change it to a 3N142 if the opposition plays 2 strikers and a AMC. This change in line up has never affected my teams before and I've used the same line up against teams I previously beat but now I get thumped.

My players ratings haven't been too bad (not that they mean much) with only 2 players recording a 5 in all those games. I always make sure their condition is perfect as well as their moral before a game and have players only playing in their primary positions. I have 22 players in my squad, my main squad which are all 5 or 6 star players and my back up squad which are all 4-5 star players. I swap between teams if I have 2 or 3 games close together on 1 day using my back up team for the weaker oppositions. This has always worked successfully for me in the past and ensures my players don't get burnt out.

After another 2 losses today I am at a loss to figure out how to fix this short of selling them all and starting fresh. Any ideas or thoughts?

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Thanks for that bakri but I have seen the counter formations before and have loads here myself. I'm just wondering why all of a sudden my team won't work. I've tried a few counter formations after the first 5 or 6 losses but still no joy. I can't understand how I could beat a team lower than me in both league position and player quality in round one then lose so badly in round 2 when we both kept the same formations. I could understand once but 4 times? My team just seem to be in a losing slump and I'm not sure how to get them out of it.

I had that a couple of seasons ago - winning everything, then all of a sudden, 5 defeats on the trot, no plausible explanation. Drew the sixth game and then went back to 'normal'...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Dreamer
    Feels like my team this season, every team I play the 2nd half of the season that isn't clearly abandoned has been a draw or loss.
    i have no idea why, but a bunch of players that had been good (especially my keeper and my 2nd striker) turned to trash all at once.

Its just one of those things.

I've had my team go through the whole 1st half of a league with no home win, this season I had 6 draws in the first half.

Injuries can sometimes destroy a players form.

Thanks for the replies all. It had me baffled but at the start of the next season they started winning again. It seems as though my second team now has the same problem. Been playing really well with no losses and 1 draw now they've had 2 losses in a row with none of my players rating above a 7 with my entire backline only getting 5 or 6. The 2 losses have been against teams I've beaten before. In both games I had the majority of the possession, more shots on goal and on target but can't score (I had 3 of the top 5 goal scorers before this as well as 3 of the top 5 ratings players and 2 of the top 5 in assists). I'll keep trying but it's really getting annoying when they start to consistently lose for no explicable reason. I can understand an off game here and there but when it becomes regular it makes you really wonder.

This game is really starting to annoy me. I cannot find any explanation for why things happen. My team is still losing games. They dominate the possession, total shots and shots on target yet cannot score whilst the opposition in my last 4 games have had 1 shot at the start of the game and score every time. My team's scoring % is 10 or less since this streak started before that it was consistently 30%+. My leading goal scorers were all scoring at or close to 1 goal a game now all 3 haven't scored in 6 games. Changing them over had no effect.

I have had an issue like this with all but 1 of my teams which went through undefeated. Other than that they go through an extended streak of losing with no reason for it until I buy some new players. Maybe it's a way for Nordeus to get you to spend money on the game but I'm basically finished with it.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Some possible explanations are as follows.
    Wrong orders used (bad combination of orders, or orders are not appropriate for the formation used).
    Hidden programmed things to occur at some point. For example the percentage efficiency of your players has been lowered and this effect may be maintained for a certain period of time.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

as tactician says... its the formation and orders might be wrong... u can't play 4-1-2-1-2 ND and orders such as down both flanks.... i do have friends that plays like this and they wonder why doesn't it work for them.. I am no pro but logic does tell that the ball is definitely going through the middle as there is now ML/MR or AML/AMR...

and sometimes games are created in a way to screw players over... Imagine this... CL Quarter Final.. away I won 1-3... and home leg should be a walk in the park, defensive play... But the game in a way screws me over... even with normal tackling and very good moral in most players, i got 3 yellows and 1 red... and all the goals were scored with free kicks... they opposing team won 4-3 on aggregate.. i was watching the game and the opponent isn't...

So sometimes the game does try to screw you over. Take it and move on. I know it gets frustrating but do look at your opponent's strategy and think of a counter... Not 1 strategy beats all... If you have no idea what to play, play normal mentality.. 4-4-2.. Forced counter, mixed passing.... You should be able to just get by...

Good luck! Just my 2 cents...
    Buffs Mad likes this.