Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: How best to develop a player.

Famous

How best to develop a player.

How best to develop a player?

My academy just gave me a 24T youth. He's a duel role player, DML/ML. Height = 181; Weight = 77. Right footed.

Does being right footed on the left wing hurt the player?

What's the best special ability for him given his height/weight?

What's the best 3rd role?

Best stat distribution (defense, offense, Physical & Mental) for a player in these roles? My stat distribution, I means something like (0. +20, +20) or (0, +10, +20)!

Thank you for any advise provided!!!
    Adam T. Brown likes this.

Rookie
    Great questions, I'm very interested to hear thoughts...I'm a newbie compared to you and many others so my thoughts are just for my own checking later - I'm here to listen, not give advice! :P

No, right footed doesn't hurt him - from my experience playing more and more opposite footed players are being installed because they're very dangerous cutting inside.

I would make him a playmaker and get him ML eligibility.

I would probably go (0, +20, +10)
    Breached Protocol - look hard enough and you'll find one, somewhere, everywhere
    Season: 17. Level: 16.
    Competitions won: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16. Runner-up: 4
    Champions League won: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 16. Third: 15
    Cups won: 2 [Level 3], 4 [L6], 10 [L13], 14 [L17], 16[L19]. Runner-up: 7 [L9], 11 [L14], 15[L18]. Third: 6 [L8].
    TRIPLE CROWNS: 14, 16

Rookie
    BTW, congrats on the 24T Youth! I know you had just posted a little while earlier that you hadn't gotten one since level 9. I'm finishing up my second season and I can't wait to get my first 24T.
    Breached Protocol - look hard enough and you'll find one, somewhere, everywhere
    Season: 17. Level: 16.
    Competitions won: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16. Runner-up: 4
    Champions League won: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 16. Third: 15
    Cups won: 2 [Level 3], 4 [L6], 10 [L13], 14 [L17], 16[L19]. Runner-up: 7 [L9], 11 [L14], 15[L18]. Third: 6 [L8].
    TRIPLE CROWNS: 14, 16

Dreamer
    The best way to develop that player is to sell him and get a 5 star on the market.

Once you get that player, don't add abilities or positions, that's just a total waste. Just take the skill points and spread them around.

If you want to use the player do not spend anything on him until you know he can perform.

Too many people train (SA/Role) before they play.

The value of SAs/Roles v Attributes is questionable. And adding any blindly is folly, taking a punt.

IMO.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    First try him in training
    He must get some (at least) +130 in 3 bars/practice. If not, then when he 'll be 5* he wont gain much than an average trainer.
    Then try him to see how he performs and where.
    Then try him as AML (oop) to see how he 'll perform there. Second choice, I could say DMC.
    Then try him at corners or free-kicks to see if he has the "touch".
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    He hasn't been very good at the DML position. I'm in abit of a bind in that I have a good performing player at the ML/AML positions. But this player is 23, so i'm hoping I can groom this young lad to takes over that position for several seasons to come.

I do like the idea of a triple role with the DMC position. I'm not holding my breath with him getting good rating there however.

I'll set up some friendlies later, to test him out.

Thanks for the advice!!!
    Buffs Mad likes this.

VIP
    I didn't see 18T youngster and lower in last 3 seasons for all 3 teams... Last season I signed 3 youngsters (those close to beginning of the season) and this is what I got...

How best to develop a player.-39.png

How best to develop a player.-40.png

How best to develop a player.-41.png

All 3 were charged 24 tokens... Defender was good, but DMC and goalie disappointed... they couldnt hit single rating 8...

VIP
    So, 24 tokens doesn't mean he will be great tho...
    Cat Harrison and Buffs Mad like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    So, 24 tokens doesn't mean he will be great tho...
    Yep. Doesn't even mean he'll train fast.

And I agree with you on offered players so far. Buffs were offered 24T player end last season, alt got offered 24T one today....both released because last 2 tries the Buffs got burned with slow training sub-value players. So its no go for me antmore until the Market Value is visible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast