Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: How best to develop a player.

VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Yep. Doesn't even mean he'll train fast.

And I agree with you on offered players so far. Buffs were offered 24T player end last season, alt got offered 24T one today....both released because last 2 tries the Buffs got burned with slow training sub-value players. So its no go for me antmore until the Market Value is visible.
    I didn't have problems with them training slow, just disappointed with performance... For that amount of tokens wasted, they should, at least play for rating 7 the most of the games...
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Famous
    My new player looks like a bust so far. Rating of 6 in all 3 appearances (2 as DML, 1 as DMC). Still have more testing to do, but not encouraging results so far.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-31-2015 at 07:18 PM.

I'd rather have different approach;
    1st I would put my young player in game, after few matches I'd try to find out what is his prefereed position (unless he's able to play only one like GK) and his growth rate. Then I'd decide to spend or not to spend resources on him.
    pcmacdaniel likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

Dreamer
    For those same 24 tokens you can get a really awesome player on the negotiations list.

My friend last night got a 24yr old 1 point from scout with AML AMR ST and 1 on 1 ability. His attack is 85, her max on the market is 74. Scored 71 goals in 111 match for his team which was 3 levels above hers. She paid.... you guessed it! 24 tokens! He only got 2 goals and an assist in his first match
    The chance of this guy busting is zero. None, zilch, nada. Cannot happen. She is assured of getting a super star for the next several seasons.

The academy is such a rip off, especially at lower levels, can't figure out why people even think about buying those token players.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeGoth View Post
    For those same 24 tokens you can get a really awesome player on the negotiations list.

My friend last night got a 24yr old 1 point from scout with AML AMR ST and 1 on 1 ability. His attack is 85, her max on the market is 74. Scored 71 goals in 111 match for his team which was 3 levels above hers. She paid.... you guessed it! 24 tokens! He only got 2 goals and an assist in his first match
    The chance of this guy busting is zero. None, zilch, nada. Cannot happen. She is assured of getting a super star for the next several seasons.

The academy is such a rip off, especially at lower levels, can't figure out why people even think about buying those token players.
    I agree with you about 24T; You can buy a lot of players for that. Today I've spent 33T for 15x 5* players on level 6 (higher levels are less active)
    Quallity has nothing with form so you can't know for any player will he pay off or not. There is no rule about that, so keep in mind; number of tokens and money spent on player doesn't guarantee that he'll be useful
    Ex top eleven player

Dreamer
    From my experience, a bust player (who always give 6 or below form) can take up to two seasons to recover.

I keep them on purpose, never had any bust that won't bounce back 2 years later (that yield 7~8 average rating) while keeping them benched.
    Some of my best players were once busts. I suspect it is the stats value that can be lined up good or bad, so once a player is in excellent shape I stop using sp on him and just let unused sp pile up.

But, this is a lot to train and a lot of friendly to play...
    Last edited by Amane Ito; 05-31-2015 at 08:04 PM.
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Amane Ito View Post
    From my experience, a bust player (who always give 6 or below form) can take up to two seasons to recover.

I keep them on purpose, never had any bust that won't bounce back 2 years later (that yield 7~8 average rating) while keeping them benched.
    Some of my best players were once busts. I suspect it is the stats value that can be lined up good or bad, so once a player is in excellent shape I stop using sp on him and just let unused sp pile up.

But, this is a lot to train and a lot of friendly to play...
    I've had a similar experience with my academy grads. They're form is usually suspect the first season or two, then they start rounding into very good form. Its also why i'm willing to give this new guy some chances to prove himself (friendlies, league bottom feeders).

In short, he's getting more chances than my other acquisitions due to the success I've had with past 24T acquistions. However, I do understand its only three other 24T grads, so the sample size is small.

Regarding buffs comment about the growth rate, best I've hit is +128 at 3*. At stretching max intensity, max is +44. Probably a little underwhelming! If I ultimately determine he's not a very good player, at least I got a brand new nordgen goalkeeper who has been playing very well so far to power train (if I choose)!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 06-01-2015 at 02:28 AM.

if you want he perform excellent, let him take free kick or corner kick. And for consistency, make him captain or 2nd 3rd captain
    t11_fan likes this.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12