Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: Season 67 - Week 4

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    So I have this other FB account I was going to use to put another team in - start again on the same server as the Casuals or OMA?
    Thats your decision xD OMA Server have not a active league right now, but you can join the server 57 by accepting request of one of our teams if you wanna join, and maybe in some time if more managers join this server or in a future new version we can change server we can do something LOL

Rookie
    So I just had the CL final. But that wasn't the interesting part, it was the tactical battle leading up to the match.
    As you know, the formation you lead into a game is of vital importance, because changing during the game (which works fine) takes time and messes things up. So last night I saw he had 4-4-2 set. I therefore changed to a 4-5V-1 etc to counter it. With 60 mins to game time I noticed he'd gone to 4-3-3. So then I quickly changed to a 3-5V-2 defensive etc. Again I thought I better refresh and what do you know, he'd changed to 4-2-2-2 Butterfly. So then now I countered this with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow diamond. The match then started..

Season 67 - Week 4-screen-shot-2015-06-26-3.38.06-pm.jpg

I was there watching near the start, with one supporter making it +2 possession. It meant a big bonus 38-62 initially.
    My counter formation quickly took advantage of his and off a corner, Steimel delivered a beautiful ball, which Bunce met with a header.

Season 67 - Week 4-screen-shot-2015-06-26-3.40.08-pm.png

And then he came into the game. It was on. He quickly realised what I'd done and changed to a 4-5V-1 counter. It is a good counter but 3-5V-2 is better. I think he did it because he was aware of me potentially then changing. A supporter also joined him, meaning possession was now 45-55 to me. He quickly started to have a few more shots on goal, so to be sneaky I made a substitution...to 4-5V-1 as well

Season 67 - Week 4-screen-shot-2015-06-26-3.43.20-pm.png

I think at this point he realised he couldn't get a foot in the door. Now that we had the same formations, my star player Bunce shone through and scored a brilliant solo goal in the 45min. It would go into the half like this.
    The game then went through the motions as all the big plays and counter maneuvering had been done. He made one last change to 4-3N-2W-1 at the end but it was too little, too late. Just to make sure, I quickly subbed my AML, attacked down the right flank and placed an extra MC in.

Final score? 2-0 buddy! Now 5 CL trophies in a row!!!!!!
    Pretty stoked, this was by far and away the most interesting game I've played, and I'm glad it occurred on the big stage

Season 67 - Week 4-screen-shot-2015-06-26-3.48.03-pm.jpg

Sorry about the mega long post. Just wanted to convey this game properly!
    Last edited by Blackkiwi; 06-26-2015 at 03:53 AM.
    "One day, in the not too distant future, something amazing will happen. Not just amazing, but spectacular!
    And when this day happens, I will retire, and the world will celebrate long into the night" - Blackkiwi Manager speaking about his elusive Triple.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackkiwi View Post
    So I just had the CL final. But that wasn't the interesting part, it was the tactical battle leading up to the match.
    As you know, the formation you lead into a game is of vital importance, because changing during the game (which works fine) takes time and messes things up. So last night I saw he had 4-4-2 set. I therefore changed to a 4-5V-1 etc to counter it. With 60 mins to game time I noticed he'd gone to 4-3-3. So then I quickly changed to a 3-5V-2 defensive etc. Again I thought I better refresh and what do you know, he'd changed to 4-2-2-2 Butterfly. So then now I countered this with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow diamond. The match then started..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 3.38.06 pm.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	48028

I was there watching near the start, with one supporter making it +2 possession. It meant a big bonus 38-62 initially.
    My counter formation quickly took advantage of his and off a corner, Steimel delivered a beautiful ball, which Bunce met with a header.

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 3.40.08 pm.png 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	48029

And then he came into the game. It was on. He quickly realised what I'd done and changed to a 4-5V-1 counter. It is a good counter but 3-5V-2 is better. I think he did it because he was aware of me potentially then changing. A supporter also joined him, meaning possession was now 45-55 to me. He quickly started to have a few more shots on goal, so to be sneaky I made a substitution...to 4-5V-1 as well

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 3.43.20 pm.png 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	48030

I think at this point he realised he couldn't get a foot in the door. Now that we had the same formations, my star player Bunce shone through and scored a brilliant solo goal in the 45min. It would go into the half like this.
    The game then went through the motions as all the big plays and counter maneuvering had been done. He made one last change to 4-3N-2W-1 at the end but it was too little, too late. Just to make sure, I quickly subbed my AML, attacked down the right flank and placed an extra MC in.

Final score? 2-0 buddy! Now 5 CL trophies in a row!!!!!!
    Pretty stoked, this was by far and away the most interesting game I've played, and I'm glad it occurred on the big stage

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 3.48.03 pm.jpg 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	48031

Sorry about the mega long post. Just wanted to convey this game properly!
    It seems that he did made an effort though to counter your formation, but he came late in the game. Post the ratings and starting lineup of both teams.

Champs league final today, though 5th in the league and may not even get promoted lol. Have been trying to gain promotion without any power training or buying any players (so had 1 5* player, the rest 4 n 3*). Dipped into the transfer market mid season n bought 3 players verging on 6*. Object was to gain promotion and save packs and tokens, icing on the cake would be champs league with such a diminished team, though my opponent has a much better squad and has had at least 1 supporter during his matches so not confident!
    talisman likes this.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

This is a very slow season for me, I'm not watching many matches, and I have to wait until Day 19 to sign a really "useful" players into the team.

Well, I may have won the league with the late signings and gaining myself some interests into the game, as well as Donkhee City shockingly throwed the league lead with a 2-0 away defeat to bottommarker JJ Guanteng FC, despite having won the first leg at home 9-0 with the same team and same formation.

I actually thought that FC Zelenit (currently 2nd) should have comfortably won the league with his fully loaded team, 4-5-1 V-style team, with four 6* players, but however, his team were left with 1 free replacement player, a DC, in the starting 11.

The Champions League is definitely not in my radar, since I discovered how my team is performing, I may have topped the group with 12 points, but the two games I lost were the 2nd placed team in my group, Patrang City. He should have topped the group instead of me, but he slipped up. He lost 1-0 home to Luncai United, who finished bottom of the group, drew and lost aganist Polonne FC, 1-1 (A) and 2-3 (H), and he got knocked out aganist Hot Shot FC, with a 5-0 aggregate.

My late boost of interest really helped me won the Champions League once again...

AEPRE FC WON 2nd CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TITLE IN 120 MINUTES

AEPRE FC have won their 2nd Champions League title of its rebirth, and 3rd title overall, after a 2-1 extra time victory over Fufe AG. Jim Chapman becomes an overnight hero after scoring the goal that wins the team this title.

Both teams have a fair amount of attacking attempts stopped by each other's defense, until the 33rd minute, Rafael Couso tried to clear the ball, but instead the ball went to Jan Matejka, who is in the attacking position. With his solo run, he gets into the penalty box and scores the 1-0 lead for AEPRE FC.

A Tan may have an attacking chance in the 51' and get through most of Fufe AG's defense, but the Turkish side's defender Adam Zakharov have made an unacceptable style of tackling on Tan at the edge of the penalty area. The referee pointed to the spot and awarded Fufe AG's 6* defender a yellow card.

Mouhcine Zahoud, AEPRE FC's goalkeeper who have just recently became the last first 11 players to score at least 1 goal in any competition yesterday, taken the penalty. But instead of increasing the lead and gives the players and manager a bit of breathing space, his shot was too weak, and the ball finds Keith Healy's save hand. One minute later, Fufe AG equalizes and increased their hope of winning the title, when Connor Franta gives the ball to the opposition, and Zakharov scored a goal of redemption, after giving away the penalty which eventually missed.

Fufe AG's MC Kevin Vogt tried to counter-attack in the 67', crossed the ball to one of his teammate who is waiting in the box, but Zahoud instead went in front of him and made a clean save without making a contact with the opposition.

Vogt fouled one of the attacker, the referee awarded him a yellow card, Zahoud taken the free-kick, hoping to win the title within 90 minutes, but his shot founds one of the defender who made up the defensive wall. Corner kick awarded, but were headed clear by Couso. Oscar tried a long-ranged shot before the regulation time whistle, but that was not powerful enough.

In the 94', the atmosphere at the Yut FCFC Stadium has completely changed, when Vogt tried to attack, but instead made a mistake by giving the ball to Tan, who is in the perfect position for attack. The Singaporean AMC took his chance quickly, before assisting Jim Chapman's winning goal. His teammate ran into him in celebration, as the mood were completely different for Fufe AG, who now have to desperately do everything to score a goal for penalty shootout, or two if they want to turn this around.

Vogt then tried desperately to get through the defense, only to find out that the ball were stopped by AEPRE FC's defense, who only needed to get the ball out of their own half and hold the scoreline.

Then the full-time whistle sounds from the referee, AEPRE FC have won the Champions League title once again, an unexpected journey in a season full of uncertainities. But all the players will really be proud of what they have achieved in the season that their performances are seemingly under their target and expectations. For the manager himself, his temper has really done it again, he never thought that the job is done before the game, after learning all the previous mistakes he have made, and he is the man who have made the fan happy, for the 2nd time in its return.

Captain Borja Bartra, is the man who lifted the trophy.

It will really be a happy ending for Shai Miari, who will hang his boots after this season, and possibly Alfie Deyes, who will now look for a new club after serving the team for four seasons.

Match Highlights

Man of the Match Zahoud (9)

Road to Final

Player of the Season Nominees

Unlike previous seasons, the nominees will now be announced on the day before the end of the season, rather than the last day of the season. The three nominees still however, comes from three different fields, defense, midfield and attack. The nominees have also already won the Season Awards for their category.

Defenders (GK, DL, DC, DR, DML, DMR) Mouhcine Zahoud (GK)
    Midfielders (DMC, ML, MC, MR) Jim Chapman (MC)
    Attackers (AML, AMC, AMR, ST) A Tan (AMC)

The winners will be announced tomorrow along with other Season Awards and End of Season report.
    Last edited by pnr8555; 06-26-2015 at 10:18 AM.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Thats your decision xD OMA Server have not a active league right now, but you can join the server 57 by accepting request of one of our teams if you wanna join, and maybe in some time if more managers join this server or in a future new version we can change server we can do something LOL
    OK, looks like a second team on same server for now, then. Thx
    Peter Renn likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Congratulations PNR!
    pnr8555 and Peter Renn like this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Congratulations PNR!
    I never thought that I'm going to win this one, especially a very tough semifinalist.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Quote Originally Posted by pnr8555 View Post
    I never thought that I'm going to win this one, especially a very tough semifinalist.
    Lately nothing is 100% sure in Top Eleven

Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast