Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 1 defender & 7 midfielders! I still lost!

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Amane Ito View Post
    ...I think harsh restrictions on formation was removed to prevent suspended (sent off) players to radically change the game result when a manager is offline - it happened in the past.
    This is a valid point. However, if Nordeus considers the procession ratio on illegal formation unfair, they may revise it to say 70:30 or 65:35.

If they have good match engine, ineffective formation like 2 or less defenders, no midfielder etc need not to be punished through illegal formation rule. The flow of the match should naturally punished the effective formation.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Hell, I am tanking with a few accounts this year, trying to lose games with stupid formation and I KEEP WINNING! oh, the irony!

I go with no strikers and swap out my GK for a ST, play defensive and easy tackling, and still win!
    Gert Funck likes this.

You are doing it wrong. I found a way to lose vs 32Q teams with OOP and bad tactics as 40+Q.
    Defensive and easy tackling makes for more blocked shots. All about the hard defending with offside trap with 8 attacking players. Put some **** free agents whose morale doesn't matter OOP and boom instaloss. The hardest part is keeping the decent players that you aren;t trying to ruin from getting reds/injuries and causing their morale to crash.

Lol.

An old alt of mine achieved Park the Bus with its Midfield Mayhem formation. Not the same situation ofc but....

I'm a novice to tanking but so far I'm finding attacking with low possession more successful (or should that be unsuccessful) than defending with low possession. In theory at least I'd rather have fewer chances to try to score and risk succeeding than more chances to try to defend and risk succeeding. But losing seems like hard work when you try to do it.

But as I said I know next to nothing about tanking. Theory Schmeory.

Famous
    I[ve never won a match with this setup.

2w-2w-2w-2w-2, hard attacking/through the middle/own half/easy tackle/long passing/m2m/force counters/no offsides. All players Out of Position.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12