Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Transfer value

Transfer value

Hey all,

I've been playing the game for 1 season now. Read a bunch of posts in my first season and won the league and cup in my first season. Second season I'm still the top contender for the league and have a good shot at both cup and CL. However I've run into an issue I don't know how to address.

Last season I read training young players isn't worth your time and I'd have an easier time buying (semi-)oldies for less money. So I've been doing so. I figured that if I buy *4 or *9 players I can use them for two seasons. Refreshing half of my squad each season.
    So I've been trying to buy, amongst others, a skill 29 midfielder between the age of 25 and 30. However, they are difficult to find without getting into a bidding war. I've 'lost' 20 tokens so far, without obtaining MC.

So training without buying greens isn't possible (can't find enough videos either) and buying an older one is costing me tons of tokens. Now I was wondering. If I buy a younger and more expensive player around 26/27 skill and train him until the end of the season he should gain a star. Still being usable next season as well.

Only question is though: how much will he decrease in value if he ages a year? Will I lose a couple hundred thousand on him or is the increase of skill making up for him aging a year?

Other option is: buy those players at the start of the season, sell him at the end before he ages a year. Is that something that works well?

Thanks guys!

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Bram Houtappel View Post
    Hey all,

I've been playing the game for 1 season now. Read a bunch of posts in my first season and won the league and cup in my first season. Second season I'm still the top contender for the league and have a good shot at both cup and CL. However I've run into an issue I don't know how to address.

Last season I read training young players isn't worth your time and I'd have an easier time buying (semi-)oldies for less money. So I've been doing so. I figured that if I buy *4 or *9 players I can use them for two seasons. Refreshing half of my squad each season.
    So I've been trying to buy, amongst others, a skill 29 midfielder between the age of 25 and 30. However, they are difficult to find without getting into a bidding war. I've 'lost' 20 tokens so far, without obtaining MC.

So training without buying greens isn't possible (can't find enough videos either) and buying an older one is costing me tons of tokens. Now I was wondering. If I buy a younger and more expensive player around 26/27 skill and train him until the end of the season he should gain a star. Still being usable next season as well.
    There is not definite answer for any question. It varies according to your style of team building.

As you concern about losing 20 tokens, I guess you are at least not token buyer or active farmer. If you only have 35T per season, taking care of the token is utmost important. You may need to slow down buying player when the market is crazy.

Older (say, 25 or above) *4 or *9 players are good for current season. But they are slow in training. They are difficult to naturally gain a star through matches and training. They will be 4 star next season, and 3 or 4 star in 2 seasons later. You must understand this progress.

The 'high prized' young player are faster trainer in general. They can gain 1 star and even more especially they are not even 4 star player. A 18 or 19 years old fast trainer can be useful for 6 years or even more. These players are expensive and may appear lower in quality at first. But they may be worth for the money, depending whether you have sufficient cash. At very low level, as I remember, cash is a problem.

Anyway, if constraint is token, I would rather make sure I buy any useful players with least tokens as possible.

Only question is though: how much will he decrease in value if he ages a year? Will I lose a couple hundred thousand on him or is the increase of skill making up for him aging a year?
    In low levels, I think the players generally dropped about 10% in value. But young players' values will resume and exceed after improving qualities. I believe players aged under 21 generally will increase values in every seasons (except some usual slow trainers).

Other option is: buy those players at the start of the season, sell him at the end before he ages a year. Is that something that works well?

Thanks guys!
    If you buy near the end of season, there will be less competition. But players' basic value may be high. Also remember the player will soon be 1 year older. If you buy season beginning, players' value will be lower than previous season. But usually there are more bidding wars. So the final prize can be far higher. So your decision depends on the number of active managers /bidders.

If you prefer buying young players, I suggest to buy in early season if possible. The young players then have more time to train in the current age.

BTW, I think smart strategy to earn cash through player sales is buying at *0 *5 and seeling at *4 *9.

I am a 35T player yes, and at the moment I have a little over 10 million. So expensive players don't have to be a problem at the moment, as long as I don't lose to much on them in the end.

So would it be 'safe' to buy more expensive players to train for a season or two and then sell? Perhaps a combination of cheaper older players and young trainers, as I can't afford an entire team of fast trainers.

Young fast training players don't need to be training-for-high-q-rest-munching-whores. Using their high gains to achieve longevity is a decent strategy. But only if they perform.

I'd worry more about conserving Tokens than 'next season' MV drop. Particularly from around level 3 it will become more important to try to sign and sell FAs for cash so every 1 or 2T saved is cash.

Be disciplined in the TM, try to recognise which managers will go the distance, which times are quieter and set your limits.
    (I buy tokens on my main but only once have I went beyond the 4th knockout round and until I'm much higher level I don't see me doing that again. I also play 35T teams (although not seriously last 3 seasons) and if I can't get a player for 2T (rare) or 3T I walk away.)

Famous
    I am a 35T player yes, and at the moment I have a little over 10 million. So expensive players don't have to be a problem at the moment, as long as I don't lose to much on them in the end.

So would it be 'safe' to buy more expensive players to train for a season or two and then sell? Perhaps a combination of cheaper older players and young trainers, as I can't afford an entire team of fast trainers.
    I usually use cash available to build a balanced team. If I have extra cash, I would rather invest on young players instead of keeping in bank. The value of young players will go up and I can earn a profit. My primary objective is building a competitive team. So the players in team should be 'useful'. You may keep an entire team with players with excellent qualities, or keeping some lower qualities but young players for future. This is depending on your style. Under constraints of resource, the team should be combination of old & young players. For a team like my 35T but rich level 15 team, transfer targets are always the highest priced 5 star players available in auction market. Certainly under-performing players will be considered to be sold even if they are young fast trainers.

Even though I don't prefer to use old players, they are value for money in short term, more statistics for reference, and, I believe, they are generally more stable.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Hey all,

Thanks guys!
    Age has a lot to do with transfer value as does training speed.

I have a 25 yo DC/DMC with Playmaker and he is 7* world class. I have had him for 7 seasons and he has always been 5* or higher depending on when I give him his skill points (tanking season or not). He is currently worth $105M. the max at my level is $106M.

I also have a 29 yo AML/AMC with Shadow Striker and he is 6* scout. I have had him for 10 seasons now and same as the guy above. He is currently worth $104M. That is excellent for his age.

Do this: go to the market and organize the list by VALUE. Look at the highest value. Since you are not high enough for negotiations, you cant properly tell if you can see the highest value players, but its a start.

My point: Try to buy the highest value players as they normally tend to be the fastest trainers. It is not always the case but the odds are in your favour. Once you get your hands on a fast trainer, then you have someone worth training. I dont always have to have a player with quality ending in 4 or 9, but it is nice when you get one with a high value. But over a couple of seasons, it becomes a non-issue if he is a fast trainer.

I currently have a spreadsheet with all the info and I can see who is worth what and how they progress. I wont even buy a player that is under $100M now as it is really not worth the time and effort to train.

So to your question. The older the player, the slower the training. What helps is the value. If he is old and is still high value, then he will train faster and might be worth keeping. I have another 25yo DR.DMP with Corner and he is worth $95.5M. He is a medium trainer and will not make it to 5* after I win the league this seaons and lose a * for all my players next season. But since I am tanking next season, he will have enough time to make it to 5* and most likely only lose a bit of value and I wont have to sell him or pawn him off to my lower level accounts.

Look at my DML/ML 20yo with Corner. He will not make it to 5* this season and will most likely not make it to 5* next season either as he will be booted to 3* when I win the league this season. $84M. Almost my lowest value guy and it shows.

If you want to keep guys around for a few seasons, choose the highest value players. They are worth every penny most of the time.

But then how do I train them? Power Training doesn't seen to be an option, since I don't have enough greens. Do they train fast enough to maintain the 5* status (or every other season 4 star), even with regular match experience and regular training?

Famous
    Generally speaking, through natural training and matches (not counting extra green packs and MOM reward), real young fast trainers can gain 1 star or more in a season. So they can maintain 5 star even if team promotes in every season. However, when players' age reached twenties, their training progress will slow down. Their relative qualities will decline gradually.

I can give you a rough idea through an illustration.

Every uninjured player can gain 40% condition daily. Assuming high intensity practice match consume 15% condition. If you have a fast trainer who can gain 100 training progress (i.e. 1sp) through high intensity training. The sp he obtain daily = 40/15 = 2.67

To gain one star, 75sp is required. So the no. of days to increase 1 star = 75/2.67 = 28 days = 1 season.

Certainly, training progress gained through real matches may not be the same as training. Many other factors affect this estimation like extra green packs used, time lost on injuries, etc.

You should also understand training progress slows down after gaining a star, and increases after losing a star due to promotion to higher level in new season even if players are one year older. If a player is 6 star or above for prolonged period in a season, his training progress gained in the season will be less.

In my opinion, keeping some young players to play for a few seasons is good. With very difficult auction markets, 35T managers are hard to rebuild large part of a team every season.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    Generally speaking, through natural training and matches (not counting extra green packs and MOM reward), real young fast trainers can gain 1 star or more in a season. So they can maintain 5 star even if team promotes in every season. However, when players' age reached twenties, their training progress will slow down. Their relative qualities will decline gradually.

I can give you a rough idea through an illustration.

Every uninjured player can gain 40% condition daily. Assuming high intensity practice match consume 15% condition. If you have a fast trainer who can gain 100 training progress (i.e. 1sp) through high intensity training. The sp he obtain daily = 40/15 = 2.67

To gain one star, 75sp is required. So the no. of days to increase 1 star = 75/2.67 = 28 days = 1 season.

Certainly, training progress gained through real matches may not be the same as training. Many other factors affect this estimation like extra green packs used, time lost on injuries, etc.

You should also understand training progress slows down after gaining a star, and increases after losing a star due to promotion to higher level in new season even if players are one year older. If a player is 6 star or above for prolonged period in a season, his training progress gained in the season will be less.

In my opinion, keeping some young players to play for a few seasons is good. With very difficult auction markets, 35T managers are hard to rebuild large part of a team every season.
    you dont have to rebuild a large part of a team every season if you tank. I might replace 3-4 players at best during a tanking season since most of my players will end up scouts by the end of the tanking season. The players I do replace are the slower trainers that cant make it back up to 5* by the start of the non-tanking season.

But then how do I train them? Power Training doesn't seen to be an option, since I don't have enough greens. Do they train fast enough to maintain the 5* status (or every other season 4 star), even with regular match experience and regular training?
    if you have average trainers and are playing 2 games per day, you will make 2-4 skill points per day. You play your first game, and get at least one skill point on average, then then train the reserves, then play the second game and get that second skill point and then train the reserves and players who still have condition for the next days games. I am sometimes amazed when, at the end of the day, I update my spreadsheet and see that a few of my players have gone up 5-7 points.

I figure in about 10-12 days I have enough skill points to give them a special ability and then work on quality.

Only this past season have I decided to give all my players a special ability. It helps that most of them are 18-20 and gain points fast. The tanking process allows me to do this and keep them 5* or better every non-tanking season. It also allows me to re-sell them easier as I keep them one point from the next star and they usually have special abilities. At level 20 it really helps when I can sell a player immediately.

So you dont have to power train if you can get the faster trainers, but it is frustrating to get that 5* player close to scout and he barely gets 1 sp per day. thats is when you dump them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast