Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Cup competition - unfair

Its the same for me every season. My opponents in Cup, and even now in CL one or two levels above. at least 10-15 skill over my teams. This means if I do very well I can get to the playoffs nothing more.

In other words, I never have a realistic chance of winning the title in eighter of the tournements.

This IMO is a big drawback in this game, because it ruins the motivation, when winning is unrealistic even with some good/lucky results

Cup competition - unfair-david-goliath1_2048.jpg

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Certainly play defense then attack quickly and unexpectedly
    Last edited by huyenham; 06-20-2015 at 03:18 AM.
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    Dạo này dự án mới là SEO cái du lịch úc và cái dịch vụ làm visa khoai vãi lúa luôn. Sau nhiều ngày thì lại phải nhận thêm cái du lich chau au điên rồ này nữa rồi Ờ thì giờ phải thêm cái Cooking Methods.

Addicted
    I do not think that T11 can win with this cup competition. Back in 2011/2012 when I first started playing, it took me 10 seasons to win 2 cup competitions but then I webt onto win about 12 on the trot because I must have been towards the top of my server. I was always paired with lesser teams and often played against teams 8-10 levels below me.

Then T11 bowed to players requests and made the cup a more level playing field and the difference was 1-2 levels, sometimes more. Since then I have only won 1 cup. If you regard the cup like the FA cup, then unless you are top of your server i.e. a Man Utd or Chelsea, then you can expect to meet better teams at a higher level and just hope that you can sneak a surprise result. Just check cup winners in most of the major leagues around the world and you will find that it is mainly the top few teams that win.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Yep. exactly.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Its the 'Similar Quality' aspect of the draw that makes it more predictable and allows for Q manipulation. You can't have a level playing field where a manager who improves his team (say 6*) for League and CL can not improve his team through the TM but a same level Manager 3 levels higher can suddenly bump it up 10Q on day1.

I started Q (mini) manipulating after getting fed up with meeting 3 levels higher teams (but performing not bad) and then trumping it all with a 4 level higher Cup (even though I managed to place 2nd) God Bless my 'aggressive' Def c-a.

Making it purely for a level range and drawing randomly (but with a %age from each level in the range) would imo make it less predictable. The horror draw would be more horrific but the possibility of a lucky draw would exist and the chance of scratching and biting to glory a bit higher.

For Example: Cup has 3 (or 4) level range [25% Lvl X-1, 50% Lvl X, 25% Lvl X+1] - teams have a chance of being in the higher level bracket or lower and each level has the chance of containing high or low q teams. It has the potential to provide bigger Q differences in some cases and be more brutal but rare. If however the levels were set (ie a cycle meant you knew which Season would be your Top Level season then some players would plan for that so a truly random 3 level spread might be an organisational nightmare numbers wise).

But its a no win for Nordeus because of the * and TM mechanic in the game.

No matter what they do there will be an 'exploit' and gamers will find it and use it.

The only truly 'fair' option is strict level based Cups but that would offer little difference between CL and Cup - boring.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 06-19-2015 at 11:59 AM. Reason: For example

Addicted
    Just a thought, please bear with me and please feel free to add or correct this idea. It is only a quick thought on how to improve the game.
    As we are aware, all cup competitions have a form of seeding involved.

So league first. Extend the leagues to 16 teams and during the first half of the season play 2 league matches on 4 diffent days so the season does not have to be extended.

Main cup competition - teams spread over 4 levels (say 10,11,12 and maybe 13). Preliminary and qualifying rounds between 10 and 11 max difference with the level 12 and 13 teams entering at play off stage. So there will be only 64 teams in preliminary, 32 go through to qualifying and then 16 join the 'big boys' in play offs. Then on to last 16 etc as normal.

For the second half of the season, play a league cup between the teams in a particular league only. This could revive players interest who have been knocked out of the 'main' cup early and no CL place and give them something to play for 2nd half of the season.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    Its the same for me every season. My opponents in Cup, and even now in CL one or two levels above. at least 10-15 skill over my teams. This means if I do very well I can get to the playoffs nothing more.

In other words, I never have a realistic chance of winning the title in eighter of the tournements.

This IMO is a big drawback in this game, because it ruins the motivation, when winning is unrealistic even with some good/lucky results

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	David-and-Goliath1_2048.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	47663
    You have no option but to try to close the Quality gap by being Defensive and for extreme gaps Hard Defensive. Often first to score wins but its no guarantee it'll be you. Just pick an attacking player to pin your hopes on give him a red arrow, try to hit him with a Long Ball and when it happens scream "Run like the wind!"

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    You have no option but to try to close the Quality gap by being Defensive and for extreme gaps Hard Defensive. Often first to score wins but its no guarantee it'll be you. Just pick an attacking player to pin your hopes on give him a red arrow, try to hit him with a Long Ball and when it happens scream "Run like the wind!"
    Yeahh, but this never happens 5 times in a row (needed for CL)
    Buffs Mad and nikolgiorgos like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    Yeahh, but this never happens 5 times in a row (needed for CL)
    Sorry, but I ignored CL as its a Cup thread. Higher level CL draws is a separate issue relating to population (mainly) - its not the same as the more routine issue of facing 'improving after the draw' higher level teams like in the Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Sorry, but I ignored CL as its a Cup thread. Higher level CL draws is a separate issue relating to population (mainly) - its not the same as the more routine issue of facing 'improving after the draw' higher level teams like in the Cup.
    ok, your right. It was just ment as an example.

the last four in my cup this year, after my knockout. again if I should have won, same scenario 5 matches win against way better teams.

final four
    Cup competition - unfair-1.png
    Cup competition - unfair-2.png
    Cup competition - unfair-3.png
    Cup competition - unfair-4.png

Mission impossible (without Tom Cruise)
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 06-19-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast