Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Like Tree2401Likes

Thread: Season 68

Sons of Pitches are top of the table for the 1st time ever in the clubs history after beating 4th placed Vanq FC.

The club has a tough away match to Marik FC and a home match against Vitor FC after which the players can start dreaming of winning the league.

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Famous
    Bit of a disappointing day, as we picked up a pair of draws.

Draw in the league sees us atop the group by 3 points.

Draw in the champions league means we finish 2nd, getting beat out on the tie-breaker. My 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond couldn't get the job done against his 3w-4-1-2. Well, my 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond hasn't been getting the job done a lot lately, also succumbing to a pair of draws against 4-4-2 classic in league play.

If their is any silver lining to the champions league setback, at least it was the groups stages so it doesn't mean we're eliminated and I played the A-/B+ team as I had started 4 backups and suffered a 29th minute injury to my star striker. I'm more annoyed about not winning my league match, needing a 90th minute goal to rescue the boys from defeat as my opponents 4-4-2 classic held up against my Narrow Diamond!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-10-2015 at 09:37 PM.

CL: The Buffs finish with a 4-0 win and a 100% record - shame about the 1 sloppy goal. A trialist Striker scores 1, Right Winger Gauld pops in 2 and MC Morrison toe-pokes in a lay off.

VIP
    Season 68-butd10.png

Routine victory to qualify for CL Top 16...

Season 68-4.jpg
    Season 68-5.png

Season 68-6.png

VIP
    Season 68-celtic9.png

Minimal victory... We are through to Top 16...

Season 68-10.jpg

Season 68-11.png

VIP
    Season 68-fkp8.png

Important league victory... New star Ilić scored 2 from free kicks... Tomorrow we are playing vs. top dog...

Season 68-12.jpg

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Vs. the only abandoned team in my League, I improve my GD:

Season 68-stomp.jpg

Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

we won group

http
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Rookie
    We won our big game last night. Beat first place 3-2 away from home in a cracking match.

His set up is very attacking, so we played our normal attacking game too, but sacrificed some control further up the pitch with to DM instead of one, and played 4-2-1-2W-1.

Rocket Hotspur went 1-0 down early in to a free kick, but hit back 11 minutes later through our DR, who was playing his first game in seven days after returning from injury.

Then just before HT, we struck again through academy boy O'Toole.

It remained 2-1 to Rocket Hotspur for about 15 minutes into the second half, that was until ST Grigoriadis scored a goal all of his own making, to make it 3-1.

But the opposition werent finished and hit back almost immediately to make it 3-2.

It stayed at 3-2 for the remainder of the game, but Hotspur had a DMC late on, but held on for the win.

Season 68-image.jpg
    Season 68-image.jpg
    Season 68-image.jpg

Rookie
    So I haven't posted anything for a week. Last post I was undefeated after 15 games. However I was away for a bit and had other things to take care of. Because of that I drew 1 match and lost 2, all in the league. So I have now dropped to 3rd. However two of those matches were epic trolls, so I still sit pretty as far as I'm concerned. Also through to the QF's of the cup with a 7-3 aggregate win. However it is the CL that I am most concerned about with regards to the triple. Topped my group easy, but I now come up against arguably the strongest guy in the CL
    Season 68-screen-shot-2015-07-11-8.12.09-pm.jpg
    Half his team are high 6* scouts. Pretty easy to pick that out considering half his team have the PK SA haha.
    Should be a good battle. It'll be interesting to see what formation he chooses. I may show him ND for a little bit, hoping he plays 4-5V-1 and I'll switch to a 4-3-3. But we shall see.

Steimel continues to perform well considering I've never power trained him and he's held 5/6* since he was 19. He's now 24. He's already got the Triple double for the season, and we're only at the halfway point!
    Season 68-screen-shot-2015-07-11-8.18.48-pm.jpg

May the legend of Steimel continue and the Triple fair well!

Peace out
    Last edited by Blackkiwi; 07-11-2015 at 08:22 AM.
    "One day, in the not too distant future, something amazing will happen. Not just amazing, but spectacular!
    And when this day happens, I will retire, and the world will celebrate long into the night" - Blackkiwi Manager speaking about his elusive Triple.

Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast