Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Friendlies - Top11 Ethics

Rookie

Friendlies - Top11 Ethics

Ok...
    I might have just done a bad top eleven thing...

I wanted to get my players confidence up and have a quick look at my new ST before my hard cup match this evening.

I picked a friendly with a guy in league below me - I knew I would beat him but I smashed him 8-0 and my new ST got a hat-trick in the game (which i was very happy about).

But, now, I feel a little bad. That game didn't do my friend any favours and I am wondering how much effect an 8-0 win will have on my team as it was only a friendly.

top eleven conscience is playing up

If you initiated the friendly then the result, any injuries, cards, etc do not affect the other team. So ease your conscience...

The only issue might have been if your friend was logged in trying to set up his team for their next match or trying to train them.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    If you initiated the friendly then the result, any injuries, cards, etc do not affect the other team. So ease your conscience...

The only issue might have been if your friend was logged in trying to set up his team for their next match or trying to train them.
    There is nothing to worry about, the friendlies has no effect on your opponent. Nothing

No bad form, no injuries, no moral drop nothing
    Visionary S and KoronaChelsea like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Rookie
    So is winning a friendly 8-0 a very good thing for me? In respect of players confidence or getting new players used to the team?

Is there anything to show that it is better playing a friendly than hard training... at this stage of the season.

I noticed the condition of my players was hardly affected compared to hard training.
    Visionary S likes this.

Playing a match, friendly or otherwise, is always better than training, in terms of condition drain...

The amount of condition lost in a match will depend upon the tactics used. Hard tactics use more energy, and therefore condition will fall further than if Normal tactics were used.
    Visionary S and Cat Harrison like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

The risk of injuries is much larger

the larger gain is minimal

IMO friendlies is not worth much, I use it as a testing inviroment

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Rookie
    Hmm testing is exactly what it is good for! I like my new ST already.... and my new CM! best attacking skills in the team. Going to be good for Corners and FK!
    Next game is 4.5 hrs so I have a couple of fitness boosts before... should be at full strength for my cup game! Which again I seem to have been drawn against a better team!
    Now working out which part of my squad to improve.. getting addicted to this lol
    Gert Funck likes this.

Famous
    Generally, opening round is the best time to face stronger managers, especially if they're higher level (in my opinion). Hit em before they get the opportunity to upgrade that team. Plus beating them is a lot more rewarding than beating a bottom feeder...

Good luck!!!

EDIT: I should posted this on your other topic (OOPS)
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 06-28-2015 at 03:05 PM.
    Gert Funck and KoronaChelsea like this.

Rookie
    Having had a couple of cracking friendly results I have come to the conclusion that they mean nothing in respect of real matches...

Yep, lost the cup match! lol

I am not too sure when the game began, but, I actually had a better team! Anyway... grabbed an away goal so not all is lost!

Got to work out how to beat a 4 1 1 2 2 formation... (no wingers) seems to do this fella well as he is a CL winner!

Visionary S
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    There is nothing to worry about, the friendlies has no effect on your opponent. Nothing

No bad form, no injuries, no moral drop nothing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast